[SCENARIO] Two planets

TPEHEP

Prince
Made a new sci-fi map. Map includes two big and a lot of smal planets. Includes all pepper2000 Space Colonization modmod terrains.

Map size - аs me asked earlier - large :)
Map tipe - flat

Needed pepper2000 Space Colonization modmod

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=561834

Map
Map.png

Download
Two Planets.rar

Just have fun.

Attachments

• Two Planets.rar
    24.5 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Very nice map. You did a great job with it. I really like the idea of two Earthlike planets in one map. I had designed the modmod with the idea that the solar system will look very much like our own solar system, and so I really like experimenting with different solar system structures.

A couple of issues, based on how I set up units and space colonization:
- Are there any Space panels? Those are needed to set up cislunar colonies, which in turn are needed for further colonization. It should be possible to access a Space plot from Earth without passing through any other kind of terrain except maybe Orbit.
- I think it will also be impossible to colonize the moons, since Lunar Settler cannot pass through solar system tiles. There should be only Orbit and Space panels between Earth and Moon.
- Right now I don't have any use for the Deep Space panel. It has map category Space, which is intended for cislunar space. Maybe I'll appropriate for some other purpose later.
- I designed the Hyperseedship so that when it settles somewhere in the galaxy, it "terraforms" the panel into Hyperspace by opening a temporal rift. So it's OK to have Hyperspace appearing naturally on the map, but not necessary.
- Milky Way plots are meant to be farther out than Orion Arm (the Milky Way consists of several arms, of which Orion Arm is the one we live in).
- Are there any Oort Cloud plots? They aren't necessary in the greater colonization scheme, but there are a few buildings that can only be built in the Oort Cloud.
- As it is now, there is no mechanism for colonizing one Earthlike planet from another. Do you want the Planetary Settler to be able to do that? It will be easy to change.

- Are there any Space panels? Those are needed to set up cislunar colonies, which in turn are needed for further colonization. It should be possible to access a Space plot from Earth without passing through any other kind of terrain except maybe Orbit.

Yes, they are all there. I have only used "space" between "Earth" and other planets. Other types of "space" as is, but are not obstacles.

- I think it will also be impossible to colonize the moons, since Lunar Settler cannot pass through solar system tiles. There should be only Orbit and Space panels between Earth and Moon.

Only the "space"

- Right now I don't have any use for the Deep Space panel. It has map category Space, which is intended for cislunar space. Maybe I'll appropriate for some other purpose later.

All the planets except the moon and Mars are very small and used "for show".

- I designed the Hyperseedship so that when it settles somewhere in the galaxy, it "terraforms" the panel into Hyperspace by opening a temporal rift. So it's OK to have Hyperspace appearing naturally on the map, but not necessary.

All types of additional "space" used "at the edges"

- Are there any Oort Cloud plots? They aren't necessary in the greater colonization scheme, but there are a few buildings that can only be built in the Oort Cloud.

Yes, on the map there are all types of territories. "Specific" - such as the Oort cloud - small size.

- As it is now, there is no mechanism for colonizing one Earthlike planet from another. Do you want the Planetary Settler to be able to do that? It will be easy to change.

It would be nice. But most want to be able to attack and capture foreign city to another "Earth"

Map does not work after SVN 9337 :(
Probably just needs to remove any preset NPC presences and recreate them. I hope that's easily done somehow.

There may be some notes from map makers to other map makers when things like this took place last time. You might find some solutions in the thread for Pit2015's map. Toffer used to know how to get around this sort of thing when I broke things like this last time when I initially did the NPC split setup.

Top Bottom