Two problems with BAT 2.2a

Aquila SPQR

Prince
Edited for the last time - everything is ok right now. I really have no idea why I had those problems and why they disappeared. This thread may be closed.

I have to say that I too think that BAT/BUG mod is absolutely awesome. I've been using it with Rise of Mankind mod but after a hundreth MAF error I decided to play "normal" Civ IV BTS with BAT/BUG mod only.

But I have two problems (edited - hmm... now everything looks fine):

- game does not save my BUG options. In the mod folder the ini file is ok - all options there seem to be saved, but in game I have to change all settings always when I start or load a new game (EDITED - this problem seems to be fixed - I don't know how, but now game seems to save all options).

- this is the most depressing - in Civ IV I loved this screen that allowed me to choose building options for a city - this one where I could choose what to produce next. Right now this screen does not show up and I can't find an option to turn it on. When I build a warrior the city builds next warrior instantly and does not ask me what to build next. I can see only an "alert" and nothing more (edited - I changed production to settler, after building a settler I had this "what shall we produce next" thing. After producing next settler - also. Strange, now everything seems to be ok, but please do not close this thread yet).

I'm really sorry if this questions have been answered somewhere else, I really tried to find answers on my own.

- this is the most depressing - in Civ IV I loved this screen that allowed me to choose building options for a city - this one where I could choose what to produce next. Right now this screen does not show up and I can't find an option to turn it on.

This is controlled by two settings in BAT (from BULL which BAT includes): Build Military/Civilian Units Forever. They are on the City Screen tab and only operate in that popup that asks you what to build next. Just uncheck both (Military used to be on by default) and you'll be asked every time.

Yes, it was the first thing I did, but all changes I made were not working (game did not save it) so it didn't work properly. So that two problems were closely connected. When game started saving options, those mentioned by you settings also started to work ;)

Top Bottom