Two Questions: Colony and Autorun

Preytor

Warlord
I read somewhere that you can make a city (usually far away from Capital) be a colony instead.
1. How do you do that
2. Can you turn you colony back to a city again later
3. Does the colony does stay part of your Civ

I also read somewhere that you can run your game in autorun (or something to that effect).
1. How do you do that
2. Can I play a game for a while, turn on autorun while I take a break, then come back and start playing again where it left off
3. Can you set how many turn for autorun
4. Can you set any other parameters, ie: don`t give up my cities, avoid war, don`t sell out, etc.

Thanks
P

- Colonies is a feature of BTS. You don't make a city into a colony but a city on another continent and far enough will be considered a colony and will cost you more maintenance. You can free colonies from the domestic adviser screen there is a button for that on the lower right corner. You will be prompted to choose which cities to free. These cities will form a new civ that starts as your Vassal. You can't turn the cities back under your control unless you conquer them.

- Autoplay is a modded feature. RoM doesn't have this feature unless you installed RevolutionDCM Add-On. (Currently not updated for RoM 2.2). In case you play another mod that has the feature you will be able to turn Autoplay for the number of turns of your choice. After these turns elapse control returns to you to continue playing.

Thanks for the explanation Kalimakhus.
I'll keep an eye out for the whole colony thing, kinda neat; though I do know how much I like the idea of giving up a colony. Good option to have if you need it though.

I'm using ROM 2.12 with REVDCM beta 5 (I can't/won't play without your REVDCM), that and another game like that with NAM.
So where do I turn auto play on when I want it? :confused:

Thanks for your help and awesome work!

In Rise of Mankind\docs folder there is a file named AIAutoplay Readme.txt. Open this file and read through it. It has all the info you need. If you are in hurry however to turn Auto-Play for a specific number of turns press Ctrl-Shift-X a dialog pop-up where you can set the number of turns you want Autoplay to run. There are several options and I recommend the readme file and the Revolution sub-forum for more info.

Top Bottom