1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Two questions

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by heliobagalus, Jul 6, 2002.

1. heliobagalus

heliobagalus Chieftain

I wonder if it's possible to give away units to another computer player? The AI sometimes offer you workers as part of a peacetreaty but I have never really found out how to do it myself.

My second question is about a savegame editor I had before (lost it when my hdd crashed). It had far more functions incorporated than the one I found at a thread in the files forum (made by Jimmy something). You could for instance change the nationality of units etc. Nonetheless, I have thus far been unable to find on any of these or Apolytons forums and I would appreciate if someone could give me link from where It can be downloaded.

Regards,
    Fredrik

2. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

No, you cannot give away units to other AI civs. However, many have asked for this feature and are hoping its included in PTW (expansion).

I cannot help you on the savegame editor issue.

3. sumthinelse

sumthinelse civ investigator

4. heliobagalus

heliobagalus Chieftain

Sumthinelse: what conditions are you refering to?

Indeed, it is a good editor =)

Regards,
    Fredrik

5. Maple

Maple Canadian Patriot

I believe you can trade workers if they are in your cities. Or your capitals. I have never really looked at it before.

6. D9phoenix

D9phoenix Chieftain

The workers have to be in your capitol and you each must have a city on the same land mass :)

We found the second condition out in LK26 :D

7. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

CAPITALS.

I've never tried trading worker for worker, but often, I get workers as components of a peace treaty or trade. I guess it would make sense to try and trade your captured workers for your own nationals who were captured themselves --- in regards to their rate of production.

8. Trinity

Trinity Brains, Beauty & st b*tch

But never, never, give any units to: Xerses, Hiawatha, Hammurrabi, or Caesar.

Hiawatha can go from Gracious to attacking you in one turn.