two units stuck in my city: game over?

madm

Chieftain
So, I'm defending my city with an archery unit. It got a promotion this turn so it cannot move anymore. In the same turn I finished building a chariot in this city. However, the city is surrounded by either water (that I cannot enter yet) or enemy units (that I cannot attack). So I cannot get rid of the 'unit needs orders' for the chariot and can't end turn. Is there anything I can do except quit the game?
(I was never a fan of 1UPT, and this does not help matters)

So, I'm defending my city with an archery unit. It got a promotion this turn so it cannot move anymore. In the same turn I finished building a chariot in this city. However, the city is surrounded by either water (that I cannot enter yet) or enemy units (that I cannot attack). So I cannot get rid of the 'unit needs orders' for the chariot and can't end turn. Is there anything I can do except quit the game?
(I was never a fan of 1UPT, and this does not help matters)

You'll have to delete the chariot, I guess. It is better to delay completion of a unit if you see, that a situation like this may arise.

Had this happen to me in my first, and only, MP game. Dude had my cap completely surrounded and two civilian units were stuck in the city center. I had to time out each turn LOL

There was some combination of keys to force end turn (smth like shift+Enter). Might want to try that...

This happened to me before also. It is truly evil.

Top Bottom