U.N. nuclear watchdog agency orders Iran to Halt nukes

Bozo Erectus said:
Dont worry, the Bush administration agrees with you. We'll all be safer after bombing Iran, just like we're safer after invading Iraq. Why learn from mistakes when blowing things up is so much more satisfying?

Would we be in the same situation in Iraq if we just lobbed a few dozen cruise missiles or GBUs into these suspected facilities in Iraq like we did in 1998 instead of invading?

An air campaign against Iran would not have the same consequences as invading Iraq with with 250,000 troops on the ground and then staying their for many years to come.

But it would make the middle east even more unstable and anti-american. Are you not satisfied with 90% of the region already hating your country?

Well Bug, we'll see how it turns out. The Bush administration was warned what would happen if it went into Iraq. It didnt listen and look where we are now. Theyre being warned about military action against Iran, and of course, they arent going to listen. So let the chips fall where they may. By the time Bush is finally out of office, our military will be a completely spent force. Over extended, spread too thin and completely unable to meet its recruitment goals or confront new threats. Bush is the best friend the enemies of the US ever had. As Claudius said in I,Claudius: "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out"

cgannon64 said:
1. We are not crazy fundamentalists.

There is the only reason needed to explain why we can have nukes and they can't.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha...

:lol:

*ahem*

That *would* have been my reaction... if that statement was at all funny and not just painfully wrong.

Hasn't anyone considered that an unprovoked attack against Iran could lead to much more disastrous circumstances? If we struck their plants, some one will strike ours.

Oil is at $66 a barrel. Is this really a good time to go bombing the number 2 oil producer in the world? Especially when said bombing is very likely to send unpredictable ripples throughout the entire region?

Bozo Erectus said:
Nope. Nobody pays any attention to UN resolutions, I dont see why Iran should. As much as I'd hate to see Iran acquire nukes, Ive never understood where we get the balls to tell countries they cant have nukes when we not only invented them, and have thousands of them, we're the only country who ever used them. I dont blame them for telling us to go take a flying leap. As far as the EU goes, why on Earth would Iran pay any attention to them? Its not like the EU can do anything other than plead with them and offer money.

We're America. We tell everyone else what to do and what not to do, it's like our job, because we're so much better than all you guys, and know how the world should really be run. Relax, it's in America's hands.

(In case anyone has no sense of humor whatsoever, I'm joking. That means you Zulu)

There's no way that they will pay attention. What we need now is a Democratic revolution....

farting bob said:
But it would make the middle east even more unstable and anti-american. Are you not satisfied with 90% of the region already hating your country?

They'll hate us more anyway when Isreal does the job. We'll still get blamed right along with them, just like always. Even if we stay completely neutral or if we try to convince Israel to stand down.

In the middle-east America and Israel are one in the same.

Little Raven said:
Oil is at $66 a barrel. Is this really a good time to go bombing the number 2 oil producer in the world? Especially when said bombing is very likely to send unpredictable ripples throughout the entire region?
Who would benefit from oil at $100 a barrel? The Bush family, Cheney and Haliburton. Just follow the money.

Little Raven said:
I dont think Oil prices should be the governing factor when deciding wars, but bush has already proved that wrong :)p), but any more wars started by america anywhere (not just middle east) will be seen as the final nail in the coffin by many. At least, if bush played Civ, you know he would win with either conquest or domination every game, and Diplomatic would be permantely disabled.

stormbind said:
Is Germany allowed to invade another country or is it limited in the same way as Japan?
Article 26 of the constitution says that actions with the aim of "leading an offensive war" are unconstitutional and object to punishment.

So technically no. But then of course they could just say it wouldn't really be an offensive war, like they did in Yugoslavia. The precedent was set back then...

India and Pakistan solve the whole deal very simply.

The rest of the world tried to dissuade these two nations from developing nuclear weapons. The rest of the world tried reasoning with India and Pakistan; they tried threats. They tried sanctions. Nothing worked.

There is only one way to prevent a nation from becoming nuclear: brute force. That is, actual force; the mere threat of it is not enough. When India was nuclear and Pakistan was not, India made some very direct threats at Pakistan, demanding that Pakistan remain non-nuclear. Pakistan called the bluff.

If you desire nuclear disarmament, you're going to have to use force, and that's the end of it.

Hitro said:
Article 26 of the constitution says that actions with the aim of "leading an offensive war" are unconstitutional and object to punishment.

So technically no. But then of course they could just say it wouldn't really be an offensive war, like they did in Yugoslavia. The precedent was set back then...

Let the Europeans have their fun I say.

I could care less if Iran gets nuke. Since their revolution, they have shown a lot more restraint in military than America ever will. So they're fundamentalist? They are also one of the most stable nations in the Mid East. We have to stop playing a game of haves and have nots. India is pretty unstable, so is Pakistan, China is "evil", Russia rails war on Chechnya, no one cares about them. I bet more than anything that we're going to give in to N.Korea yet bomb Iran, which only continues to show the limited scope of our idiotic administration.

North Korea isn't bothering anybody else outside their borders either.

For some reason everybody's always asking "why didn't we invade North Korea instead of Iraq? After all, North Korea is the greater threat". To whom??? North Korea hasn't invaded anybody in half a century.

BasketCase said:
North Korea isn't bothering anybody else outside their borders either.

For some reason everybody's always asking "why didn't we invade North Korea instead of Iraq? After all, North Korea is the greater threat". To whom??? North Korea hasn't invaded anybody in half a century.

not to sound like a Dem which I'm not,but North Korea actualy has a WMD I think. :confused:

No idea. When dealing with a closed-up, bottled-tight nation like that, pretty much the only way to know is if they do a nuclear test. They haven't done one.

BasketCase said:
No idea. When dealing with a closed-up, bottled-tight nation like that, pretty much the only way to know is if they do a nuclear test. They haven't done one.
I shudder to think how they will test it :sad:

Well the middleeast already hates us, so bombing Iran won't change their opinion of us. Maybe embargos would work, but that would drive up oil prices. God must be really laughing now, he put all the oil under the nations that hate the USA.

conehead234 said:
Well the middleeast already hates us, so bombing Iran won't change their opinion of us. Maybe embargos would work, but that would drive up oil prices. God must be really laughing now, he put all the oil under the nations that hate the USA.
I hope everyone realizes that bombing is the wests version terrorism.

cgannon64 said:
1. We are not crazy fundamentalists.

There is the only reason needed to explain why we can have nukes and they can't.

This works both way cgannon, to them, Bush and the USA are crazy fundamentalist.

@bozo - correct, they really dont need to give a damn anyway if the negotiation is not in their favour. Why cant they have nuke ? Israel has them, So do India and Pakistan, in fact, they are surronded by nuclear armed countries.

Top Bottom