1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Uber-artillery?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Horizons, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Horizons

Horizons King of the Ring

Why does artillery get a 100% bonus against tanks?

It appears that artillery pieces with their ranged bombard can reduce enemy units to a very low strength - is the damage cap for artillery higher in RTW than in BTS?

It also appears that the AI does not know how to use ranged bombard.

Why bother building anti-tank guns when you can have more artillery instead? I don't understand why artillery gets a 100% bonus against tanks?! Should artillery have ANY bonus against tanks? Ranged bombard is more than enough.

2. Dale

Dale Chieftain

In beta 2 it's 50% now. :)

And the AI knows how to bombard. They get me all the time.

3. FuzzyWuzzyBunny

FuzzyWuzzyBunny Chieftain

I was thinking about artillery, and it really should get a bonus against the tank destroyer or something (Because there is really no counter against that unit right now accept droves of airpower and infantry) unless there is going to be some other form of counter for the destroyer in beta 2.

4. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Infantry is the counter for all siege weapons.

As for artillery being a counter for tanks, they are. I was in artillery myself in my young days, and it's a hellova lot easier to hit vehicles and buildings than it is to hit men. ;)

5. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

I still think the tank destroyer is overpowered and unhistorical... Surely it should be toned down a bit? Or delayed until further in the tech tree? (They were around in 1940, but still relatively new and unreliable, and were certainly not used on the scale that the AI does)