UCSP United City States of Phoenicia

nightcreature

Ready to Pounce!
My first story:

It was the summer of 4000 BC, when Stalin decided that his people, the Phoenicians, should settle down and build a city. While he was trying to think how to do this, the settlers sat down, turning into buildings. Stalin was pleased. Before he rested, he told a band of warriors to raid a small village directly east of Sidon, the new city. This produced 59 gold for the Phoenician treasury. He also ordered the people to construct a fishing boat, because there were “clams” in the Bay of Sidon.

40 years later, Stalin, now self-proclaimed dictator of Sidon, decided that his people should learn how to extract “gems” from the ground near Sidon. This process became known as “Mining.”

Eventually the scientists developed safe ways to extract gems and “gold”, a new resource found south of Sidon.

Stalin wanted the scientists to improve on the fishing boats so that they could become ships used for “sailing”.

In 3600 BC, a man named Augustus Caesar was brought to Emperor Stalin. He claimed that he lead the so-called Iroquois Confederacy. Neither Caesar nor the Emperor trusted one another as Caesar vowed he would destroy the Phoenician Empire eventually. It was also this year that a religion was founded in a distant land. This message was delayed by 80 years due to lack of good communications between Distant Land and Phoenicia. It was also noted that every few decades, an annoying man ran into the palace screaming “Auto-saving!” It is still unknown what this means.

Once Phoenicians completed sailing, their premier Stalin ordered them to learn how to make bricks out of the minerals that they were mining, or of the dirt collected in the forest. In 3400 BC, a fishing fleet set out into the Bay of Sidon, gathering clams to bring back into the city. Stalin then wanted a garrison for Sidon, so he ordered civilians to be recruited as warriors. This became the first royal guard of Sidon.

80 years later, the Incan Emperor Mao Zedong met with Stalin. Stalin took Mao’s little red book and handed it to a servant who was ordered to burn it. Nobody knows what knowledge the book contained, but Stalin was not convinced the information was useful. This was also Stalin's first experience with religion. The Incan religion was Asatru, founded 40 years before Mao and Stalin met.

At last, bricks were made in Sidon. Emperor Stalin decided Phoenicia should make a henge of stone, now that bricks were created quickly and easily. But first, Phoenicia needed to learn how to pray to the various shamans which roamed throughout the world.

Shortly afterwards, the First Royal Guard was completely trained. The Emperor believed a Brireme would benefit the people of Sidon as new nations would come in contact with Phoenicia. Stalin was certain that the Brireme was better than a regular galley. He assured the citizens that it would move farther and it could pass through other nations’ waters.

As crews began work on the ship, Stalin ensured the citizens of Sidon were working as efficiently as possible. He believed higher growth would increase productivity in the long run. As he investigated the city, he found something puzzling: Why were all the clams in containers labeled with a :health:? Surely, clams should be in a container that has “Clams” written on it, but why a :health:?

It was also noted that every few decades, an annoying man ran into the palace screaming “Auto-saving!” It is still unknown what this means.
:lol:
What map type is this? Your starting position is... strange.

Archipelago on Thomas' War.

Caesar is at the far end of the peninsula. Soon I will destroy him:hammer:

In the year 3080, Phoenicians learned how to pray to the mystics.

The Emperor, now bent on destroying the Iroquois for what they told him, as well as their proximity to Phoenicia, decided his people should learn how to work bronze.

Decades later, the king wanted a map made showing all the known land that was discovered by the warriors exploring. It appears that Phoenicia is located at the end of a peninsula on one side of the island. Now, more than ever, did the Emperor want to destroy the Iroquois. Not only about what they said when they first met, but also because Phoenicia needed more land, and soon.

^^If anyone doesn't know, Phoenicia is purple and Iroquois is blue.^^
Unrestricted leaders, Random Personalities, and Choose Religions are on.

Not too soon. I'm almost done with Bronze Working, but there might not be any copper...
I also need to finish Brireme in 5 turns, then military.
Then Caesar gets :hammer:'d :mwaha:

Looks like no copper near us... but we'll attack with archers.
Why can't i use diamonds as a spearhead?

Any idea why IE 8 does not display your pictures? :cry: Do you use photobucket or imageshack?

I use Imgur. it should work.
Also, new images now in spoilers.
I was right about Archers... HORSE Archers!

Bronze! At last Stalin could crush the world! Wait, NO! NO COPPER! What has happened? Yet Stalin is determined to crush Caesar.
Spoiler :

The nearest copper is here:
Spoiler :

Slavery was adopted in Phoenicia, although it was rarely used. The army could use slaves as troops.
Spoiler :

Hunting was the way to go. It would lead to Archery and would help on the road to Animal Husbandry.
Spoiler :

Suryavarman II of the Netherlands was discovered, but not on the Phoenician mainland.
Spoiler :

When Hunting was finished, scientists began learning how to domesticate and breed wildlife.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

At last, the first Brireme was ready to set sail. Christened the RMS Titanic, this boat was to sail to the city of Onodowahagh. As almost nobody in Sidon could pronounce this, Stalin decided to name the city Tyre. Or Sur. Or whatever he felt like calling it.
Spoiler :

Finally, Animal Husbandry was researched and Pottery became the next research subject. Through this discovery, scientists found various uses for the strange animals outside of Sidon. The animals were called…
Spoiler :

HORSES!

40 years later, a military instruction was established in Sidon. At once, slaves went through training to become warriors. Then, the Emperor declared, Workers would be trained to domesticate the horses near Sidon.
Spoiler :

Here is that Iroquois city:
Spoiler :

Nice update!
When I don't find any copper nearby I always research Iron Working right after, is this wrong?
I dont feel comfortable without axes and swords. :D

btw your 1st and 3rd pic is the same ;)

Its not wrong to do IW after BW, but I usually find either Horse or Copper at my capital, so I did what I usually do.
If there is iron at my capital, in my experience, it is on grassland. there is no grassland not covered in forest, so i thought horses would be on the plains.
the map generator almost never puts a resource under a starting position, and i SIP.

Pic is fixed.

With Pottery completed, Stalin chose Archery as the next research. As an army of warriors completed their training, Workers began to be trained.
Spoiler :

40 years later, a military instruction was established in Sidon. At once, slaves went through training to become warriors. Then, the Emperor declared, Workers would be trained to domesticate the horses near Sidon.
Spoiler :

Archery was quickly finished, so Stalin wanted a Writing system for his country. With writing, he might be able to open borders with the Inca to get a religion.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

In 2000 BC, three regiments approached the Iroquois border. The Titanic sailed to the city to see one regiment of warriors defending the city. Stalin was certain that Phoenicia would destroy Augustus Caesar. Here is that city:
Spoiler :

I was wrong, no war, but I promise next time blood will be spilled! :mwaha:
:sniper: :run:

When Writing was finished, a strong metal called iron was studied. This metal was at a top secret location, so secret, not even the Emperor knew where it was. If the studies prove successful, the iron will be revealed to all Phoenicians.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

In 1640, the Dutch and Inca both opened their borders to the Phoenician Empire.
Spoiler :

40 years later, no war had been declared. At last count, the Iroquois army consisted of an archer and a warrior, while Phoenicia boasted seven warriors, four of which could expertly attack cities.
(yes, four of them have CR1, all have combat I)

Nice story! Love the autosaving line... pure gold :lol:

I am VERY mad now. my little brother DELETED my army while my game was open and i was not there. and b/c he's smart, he saved it.:cry:

That means this is over, but i will start again

What mod/civ/leader should i use?

Top Bottom