UEFA cup

WickedSmurf said:
Group C
Didn't know that "Sweden" was abbriviated as "Sd" at times.

now that you mention it seems a bit strange to, that was my newspaper that did it, but I never saw Sweden abbreviated as "Sd" in german either, usually you see the english version (Swe) or Se...

Marla_Singer said:
Are you sure Dniepropretovsk is a Russian team ? The city is located in Ukraine...

you're right, i guess, and they only play in the ukrainian league...bloody Basler Zeitung...good for nothing :crazyeye:

KaeptnOvi said:
you're right, i guess, and they only play in the ukrainian league...bloody Basler Zeitung...good for nothing :crazyeye:

Well on a certain location when you have no paper... ;)

Adler

oh my, that was propably the worst game by Basel I ever saw. What a disaster. the worst thing is, that Basel was lucky to only lose 0-2, it could have easily been 0-5 :rolleyes:

and then Müller's red card :mad: like an amateur he tried to stop Diané

maybe there's just not enough challenge for the FCB in the swiss league....The need to improve extremely, if they want to survive the group stage now....

KaeptnOvi said:
oh my, that was propably the worst game by Basel I ever saw. What a disaster. the worst thing is, that Basel was lucky to only lose 0-2, it could have easily been 0-5 :rolleyes:

and then Müller's red card :mad: like an amateur he tried to stop Diané

maybe there's just not enough challenge for the FCB in the swiss league....The need to improve extremely, if they want to survive the group stage now....

...and expect worst in Belgrade:nuke: ;)

actually it's good that you're slowly and with less intensity prepared for whats going to happen in Belgrade:D

To bad it'll be without suporters:mad: but with there own fault.

I know that is one Serbian young player (origianally from Australia, I think), play for Bassel, I hope he will not shine when is not necessery;)

Alone said:
...and expect worst in Belgrade:nuke: ;)

actually it's good that you're slowly and with less intensity prepared for whats going to happen in Belgrade:D

To bad it'll be without suporters:mad: but with there own fault.

I know that is one Serbian young player (origianally from Australia, I think), play for Bassel, I hope he will not shine when is not necessery;)

Don't expect an easy match, what Basel played on thursday was miles away from what they usually do....so I'm still optimistic that they can beat Belgrade :)

I guess you're talking about Mile Sterjovski other Australian Scott Chipperfield doesn't sound to serbian ;) ? Maybe he'll shine just in time ;)

Weird. Unless you support one of the teams in the competition, this has become an incredibly difficult competition to care about.

Maybe it will get more interesting when the Champions League 3rd place teams come into the mix ?

KaeptnOvi said:
Don't expect an easy match, what Basel played on thursday was miles away from what they usually do....so I'm still optimistic that they can beat Belgrade :)

I guess you're talking about Mile Sterjovski other Australian Scott Chipperfield doesn't sound to serbian ;) ? Maybe he'll shine just in time ;)

My post was just a joke.:)

It will be very hard. I don't know actually is it good or bad for RS that Basel lost this match. As I mentioned aspecialy becouse it will be without supporters, on empty stadion.

But I'm optimistic, expecting of "RoterStern" to win, maybe hard, but to win. Still even if Basel lost that game it does not mean that FCB will not qualifie (maybe even with one win and one drow you can be among 3 first which is only important).

But it's too early.
When is the game:confused: ?

I had to go on FCB official site to find out about the name of that Serb. His name is IVAN ERGIC (maybe he's not from Australia, maybe Bosnia&H.?). I wached one game in Champion leauge two years ago(I think) when he was perfect. I just remember that he is a big fan of RedStar:D . So I still hope for his DEMOTIVATION:lol: ;)

On my surpriced I realised that you have almost equal number of Serbs in team as Crvena Zvezda;) :D -Boris Smiljanic, - Zdravko Kuzmanovic, -Ivan Rakitic and maybe Mladen Petric...

It would be nice if both club qualified.

Lambert Simnel said:
Weird. Unless you support one of the teams in the competition, this has become an incredibly difficult competition to care about.

Maybe it will get more interesting when the Champions League 3rd place teams come into the mix ?

I hope we'll last untill then:mischief: :D

btw Were is Hearts?I mean what was the destiny in this year EuroCups?

Alone said:
I had to go on FCB official site to find out about the name of that Serb. His name is IVAN ERGIC (maybe he's not from Australia, maybe Bosnia&H.?). I wached one game in Champion leauge two years ago(I think) when he was perfect. I just remember that he is a big fan of RedStar:D . So I still hope for his DEMOTIVATION:lol: ;)

On my surpriced I realised that you have almost equal number of Serbs in team as Crvena Zvezda;) :D -Boris Smiljanic, - Zdravko Kuzmanovic, -Ivan Rakitic and maybe Mladen Petric...

It would be nice if both club qualified.
you're right, it must be ergic. Mile Sterjovski didn't play for Basel back then. I didn't know that Ergic had an Australian passport, I always thought he's Serbian :) I guess he'll want to show his favorite club how good he is ;)

it's not surprising that there are so many people from former yugoslavia in Basel. There are a lot of serbs, croatians and bosnians living in switzerland. Smiljanic and kuzmanovic and Rakitic are swiss by the way, I think they were even born here, at least Smiljanic speaks perfect swiss german ;) Petric is croatian.

I like Bolton because Borgetti plays there, so far he has scored his only two goals with the team at the UEFA cup

Shevchenko said:
I like Bolton because Borgetti plays there, so far he has scored his only two goals with the team at the UEFA cup

He scored again. Against Besiktas.:mad:

Just joking anbout the :mad: thing. I am a fan of Borgetti(coz I support Mexico in the World Cups) and I would love to see him play for Besiktas. He is so good in air.(Remember the goal against Italy in the 2002 World Cup.)

jeriko one said:
He scored again. Against Besiktas.:mad:

Just joking anbout the :mad: thing. I am a fan of Borgetti(coz I support Mexico in the World Cups) and I would love to see him play for Besiktas. He is so good in air.(Remember the goal against Italy in the 2002 World Cup.)

Go mexico! Yes, air is he's especiality, also the goal against Brazil on the Confederations Cup. But Borgetti has not played a lot in the FA, booth of his goals have been very important for Bolton

f*#^&!!!:mad: I heared RSBelgrade lost...:(
@KaeptnOvi - How was the game? Gimme some details. But don't glorified Basel tomuch;) ...congratulate:(
Sadly, our team cannot play without suporters...

I still hope we can qualified, but hardly ...

Alone said:
f*#^&!!!:mad: I heared RSBelgrade lost...:(
@KaeptnOvi - How was the game? Gimme some details. But don't glorified Basel tomuch;) ...congratulate:(
Sadly, our team cannot play without suporters...

I still hope we can qualified, but hardly ...

after the unlucky loss of Thun last night, Basel today got a lucky win :)

I haven't seen the match, as swiss tv somehow concluded that a mach without spectators isn't worth broadcasting.....I read the Recap though and it seems that Basel was pretty lucky in the end to carry the vicory home. Especially Keeper Zuberbühler seemed to once again play a great game...

I'm pretty sure that it was a big advantage for Basel that Belgrade had to play in an empty stadium though....

looks like Basel is on track again...with a win in their other home-game they should be qualified for the next round...

RStar Belgrade won against Roma.:dance: As I understand the chance to go further are very slim. But at least they're kicked out in big style R.Star B - Roma 3 : 1 . Not even early leading or penalty for them could help Romans (as I said in another thread, not even Caesar could helped them to night:D).

Well, thank Cassano who tried a Panenka style penalty kicked but failed miserably ... the Belgrade keeper could dive, stand up time in time and still catch the ball, hilarious.

what a crazy match, Basel was behind 1-3 Tromso after the first half (despite playing better), but managed to turn the game around for a 4-3 win :goodjob

now the match against roma gets even more interesting (Basel would be definately qualified with a tie, maybe a loss would suffice too, depending on Belgrades last match).

Top Bottom