UFOs, ET, and other speculation

The energy to lift it will be greater than that contained within the material itself (having alternate uses for that hydrogen aside), but the hydrogen is disappearing if you don't save it. But yeah, 'maths required' if we're to say that pulling out the hydrogen will slow the total hydrogen consumption.

There's also the question of what practical use you're putting all that energy to. Building the absurdly large surface of the Dyson sphere to capture all the energy, only to be effectively using most of it to keep its inner surface warm (i.e. at an earth-like temperature), doesn't in itself seem all that useful. If it's simply real estate you're after, even a very slender ringworld is such an insane jump compared to any planet it's a struggle to see what you could fill it with.
The way I imagine it is we have uploaded our minds to computers, and want as many cycles as possible. So we convert all the matter from the surrounding solar systems into layers of computronium with each layer acting as a thermocouple to generate the electricity it needs, and the waste heat from each layer forming the input heat of the next. You therefore turn as much as possible of the suns energy into cycles.

The way I imagine it is we have uploaded our minds to computers, and want as many cycles as possible. So we convert all the matter from the surrounding solar systems into layers of computronium with each layer acting as a thermocouple to generate the electricity it needs, and the waste heat from each layer forming the input heat of the next. You therefore turn as much as possible of the suns energy into cycles.
Seen mind uploading speculated about at various places. How do you imagine this transference of consciousness to be possible? I mean, presuming consciousness to be the result of the minds physical material, maybe some sort of transference is possible, but I’m not entirely sure that wouldn’t be just creating a copy.

If what you’re thinking of is something like a direct mind-UI link while the body remains in some sorta stasis it’s easier for me to imagine.

Seen mind uploading speculated about at various places. How do you imagine this transference of consciousness to be possible? I mean, presuming consciousness to be the result of the minds physical material, maybe some sort of transference is possible, but I’m not entirely sure that wouldn’t be just creating a copy.

If what you’re thinking of is something like a direct mind-UI link while the body remains in some sorta stasis it’s easier for me to imagine.
I think this sort of idea was put in my head by Accelerando, the wiki page for which gives an idea of how it could come about as well as being a massive spoiler.

The energy to lift it will be greater than that contained within the material itself (having alternate uses for that hydrogen aside), but the hydrogen is disappearing if you don't save it. But yeah, 'maths required' if we're to say that pulling out the hydrogen will slow the total hydrogen consumption.

Well, not exactly disappearing - the hydrogen's just being converted to heavier elements, which have their own value if we're looking beyond energy production. And depending on the type of star, you might even get a helping hand getting them out of the gravity well! Just got to add "come up with a way to capture all the matter ejected from a supernova" to the list of ludicrously scaled stellar engineering projects. Or for a marginally more modest scale - capture the outer layers of a red giant as it collapses to a white dwarf.

So UFOs buzzing our warships on the West Coast ? Here's an example. The Nimitz coming into harbor at San Diego recently. See 22:26. Left to right. It's just a drone.

Yeah that’s not THE Nimitz incident.

that’s the leaked content that created a stir, got picked up for the NYTimes story.

NASA launches UFO study despite ‘reputational risk’

NASA has announced it will begin a study of UFOs – a subject that has long fascinated the public – as part of a new push towards high-risk, high-impact science.
The United States space agency said on Thursday that an independent team would examine unidentified flying objects or unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) with a focus on identifying available data, how to gather more data, and how NASA can analyse the findings to advance scientific understanding of the sightings.

NASA’s science mission chief, Thomas Zurbuchen, acknowledged the traditional scientific community may see NASA as “kind of selling out” by venturing into the controversial topic, but he strongly disagrees.
“We are not shying away from reputational risk,” Zurbuchen said during a National Academy of Sciences webcast. “Our strong belief is that the biggest challenge of these phenomena is that it’s a data-poor field.”
While NASA probes and rovers scour the solar system for the fossils of ancient microbes, and its astronomers look for so-called “technosignatures” on distant planets for signs of intelligent civilisations, this is the first time the agency will investigate unexplained phenomena in Earth’s skies.

Last month, Congress held a public hearing into UFOs, while a US intelligence report last year cataloged 144 sightings that it said could not be explained. It did not rule out alien origin.

The study will last nine months, at a cost of no more than $100,000. It will be entirely open, with no classified military data used.

NASA said the team will be led by astrophysicist David Spergel, president of the Simons Foundation for advancing scientific research. In a news conference, Spergel said the only preconceived notion going into the study is that there will probably be multiple explanations for the UAPs.​

nasa falling inline with White House demands . They made no impression on the world with 2017 "revelations" of CGI events in 2004 not so they are now bringing in "scientific community" . Really trembling in my boots as America's alien allies trundle ever forward in space .

nasa falling inline with White House demands . They made no impression on the world with 2017 "revelations" of CGI events in 2004 not so they are now bringing in "scientific community" . Really trembling in my boots as America's alien allies trundle ever forward in space .
American alien allies? Do tell!

people brought Democracy to my country with Nazis having found allies from Sirius with ETA in 1968 . Really looking forward to the day when people have to show up their black projects and whatnot . Oh yeah , saw Maverick with the Mach 10 thing ... How many ? 2 , 200 ?

people brought Democracy to my country with Nazis having found allies from Sirius with ETA in 1968 . Really looking forward to the day when people have to show up their black projects and whatnot . Oh yeah , saw Maverick with the Mach 10 thing ... How many ? 2 , 200 ?
I must’ve missed the UFO invasion with auxiliaries from the 3rd Reich in, uh, your country.

I dunno if that’s satire. Or not. Or satire with some weird blend of genuine belief mixed in.

The line of “black projects being revealed” seems to suggest you believe governments withhold info on ET but I can’t really tell.

eTA thing in books printed in early 2000s to support the fad of Mein Kampf imposed on the country . Go for Freedom of lnformation Act or whatever go ask ClA on how they had to support their boys to overcome the fear of their prospects in the Counter-Revolution . Currently busy responsible for the deaths of upto 100 000 people in Ukraine so that they can sail in the Blacksea to force a certain type of people in the country remain committed to their promises .

ah yes , confusion or what ?

these things actually happen ...

... 2019 . Off California some USN ships are "swarmed" by drones . As part of a persistent harassing campaign conducted against ... United States .

first Pentagon releases the idea that a ship belonging to a Hong Kong company was nearby to serve as the mothership , the drones were indeed quadcopters , drones followed international norms , stuff and anti-drone defences were provided to the ships . The case providing pyramids were actually ordinary drones took place in the East Coast of the US . Second is a Matthias Rust or whatever . Some guy buys a Lithuanian civil plane for its call sign Ly-loo or whatever to channel the 5th Element movie , flies over 6 European countries , stealing fuel from an Hungarian flight club , to land in a Bulgarian airfield , currently used only as a farming zone . Even have the time to cover it in tarps . Not caught yet according to the news . The ever all conquering USAF had two planes around it for a while . Hungarians and Romanians also provided two each , nobody could bring up a Hind or two and it landed before Bulgarian jets could have arrived . Were they helping their Greek brothers somewhere ? Yeah , the plane is like as old as Tom Cruise , too ... So , what gives ? Clearly if Russian oligarks were escaping all they would have to do would be crossing the border somewhere , not flying up and down . In this the conspiracy fools only see the way petulant US becoming unhappy when people play the American game , like better . Then you see how it was ... Only drones .

also am getting to really hate the laptop deciding to freeze or whatever as ı play Civ lll .

"ufo" in sense of "person saw something that they couldn't identify" are definitely a thing. there's a fair amount of crap that makes it into the sky for one reason or another, and people's ability to observe/remember things is notoriously inconsistent. people will flounder on basic details like what a car looked like in court. give them an object in the air with limited visibility and time to identify it and we should expect a % of things to go "unidentified" at baseline.

the weirdness is attributing it to aliens, despite lack of any reason to give the guess of "aliens" more credibility than other random explanations.

my best guess, absent further evidence, for that 1% that isn't explained via mundane/hoax is that it is actually part of the other 99%, but we can't pin it down. granted, the idea that aliens are trolling us with deliberately allowing vague ufo sightings is kind of funny. it would be fun to imagine a world where some forum posters/social media people are also aliens trying to mess with lesser beings for fun or something. might make for a good story. but believing it in reality w/o evidence?

The Chinese have found aliens!!!!! (perhaps)

Google translated press release, from here:

After launching the search for extraterrestrial civilizations, the "China Sky Eye" has made important progress. A few days ago, Professor Zhang Tongjie, chief scientist of the China Extraterrestrial Civilization Research Group of the Department of Astronomy and Extraterrestrial Civilization Research Group of Beijing Normal University, revealed that his team used the "Chinese Sky Eye" to discover several cases of possible technological traces and extraterrestrial civilizations from outside the earth. candidate signal. Zhang Tongjie said that these are several narrow-band electromagnetic signals different from the past, and the team is currently working on further investigation. "The search for 'China Sky Eye' is a long one, and we have been working hard."

nothing of the sort . Instead it fits with the Pentagon narrative that China wants to gain fame by discovering the existance of the Aliens . As in some natural stuff that doesn't yet fit in with established laws of physics and stuff and pipedreams and wetdreams because they are of the caliber of the world famous N-Beams of early 1900s . With people imagining they will like suddenly develop this for real . Tesla can not have failed !

photo_14_1651181207.jpg

oh yeah , ı have even weirder news for you people . There are like people in America who haven't heard of the 5th Element Movie !

To the sceptics ! : Either we are alone int he universe , or we are not .... both are equally F...ed up ! ......

Top Bottom