Ugh, where's my VICTORY MOVIE!

The art work is fine, it's just that they went so minimalistic with the information I want to see at the end. Even to have the quantity Civ 1 had, alongside these oil paintings would be good enough.

I miss that little slide show you got at the end of the game in civ4, was allways cool to see how everyone expanded their culture, slowly but surely creeping around the world untill it was totaly engulfed in it... Give that back!

So far, that's the only real thing I miss in Civ5. I would really like a chance to view over my empire after I win, to see where I was stat-wise, and especially the little video showing where everyone started and how the expanded. That was fun.

The "You win! - Go to the Main Menu" was a big shock the first time I saw it. It's not enough for me to stop playing, but... yeah, something more would have been nice.

If forumers keep on asking for that there is a little hope it will be added.

Making a 1 minute movie it takes 10 minutes

Maybe for live actors. CGI? Yeah, right.

I much perfer the artwork and the voice work in Civ 5 over the other ones. This one, including the intro movie, is extremely well done, and just drips with atmosphere, and, well, class.

The only thing I find disappointing is the lack of the overview of the game at the end. I can't believe that was omitted. I want to be able to review the game and watch how it all unfolded from that birds-eye view.

I hope they add that in. It would be the crowning touch.

I just came on here to say the same thing as the OP. Just finished my first game as Greece, and won the Spaceship Victory.

I click on the final spaceship part in my capital - and that's it!

Just a small splash screen, another slow voiceover, and an option 'Exit to main menu'.

What a let down! Where is the victory movie? Where is the dynamic map showing territories through the years? Where is the comparison to real life historic leaders?

What a let down.

"You've been scammed, sweetheart"(c)

I dunno if everyone agrees that such things would worthy to include into an expansion, but I would really appreciate some more bells and whistles. Making a good game is hard, so the hard part is already accomplished. Now go for the low hanging fruit!

The wonder art is very good indeed, but Civ2 had some great wonder movies that actually gave you a bit of information about the wonder. Each one even had it's own music.

The current wonder art reminds of the intro to Dawn of Discovery, which used still art as part of the movie in a very cool way. Something like that would be awsome for each wonder. I build Himeji Castle in every game, but I still don't know anything about it. It's ok to learn while playing Civ5. Teach me something!

You guys do realize there ARE end game stats, right? On the final victory screen there are tabs at the top you can cycle through. The stats are not as exhaustive as Civ IV (no graphs or birds eye playback) but they are there. The game also ranks you by a real world leader.

Yes, must admit this was one of my biggest disappointments in the new game. Very little reward at the end and there should definitely be a history review.

That said, I agree with others that the lack of wonder movies isn't the end of the world, I quite like the art work and inspirational quotes.

For me, there could be a little more fun in the game - like previously mentioned I use to really like the palace builder and it's, imo, a shame that something like that isn't in here.

I REALLY miss being able to review my victory afterwards.
It is extremely unsatisfactory to just get a score after that much work.

I don't care about victory movies, but what I REALLY wanted (and I don't see why they removed them) is the history playback and graphs. Those are what I always looked forward to when finishing a game of Civ, because it shows the whole ebb and flow of the game as not only a reviewer/refresher, but also as information you might not have known (like the rise and fall of an empire on another continent... or the power levels over time)

I REALLY miss victory movie and also and above all wonder movies... like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euR1h7H3e1I

If no modders will add them I will take care of them by myself, not an issue indeed adding some movies.

This is an excellent example. It gives you an idea that for it's time, the Hoover Dam was an enormous industrial achievement. You aren't left wondering, "Ok, why is this a wonder." All the wonder movies were informative and satisfying, here are more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb2Pswjs_UY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-sidY6kofY

Some wonders in that game didn't even exist in reality, but still had cool, educational movies. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx0JthpCZUQ

I hope this gives some of you an idea of what we could have for Civ5. During gameplay these movies were an excellent way to take a break from hours of gameplay. You could turn them off, but I never did. Sometimes I built a wonder just to see the movie.

If no modders will add them I will take care of them by myself, not an issue indeed adding some movies.

My favorite wonder movie of all time. I always built this wonder. Mostly because it was overpowered but also because of this movie.

I agree if we can't get tthe movies then fine but give me my massive expanding blob back. Nothing is as cool as seeing all the empires struggle to expand and then yours overcoming them all. Please give this back.

Yes.

You've made me change my mind. Something like that in the game would be better than the current art work. There is far more reward - which at the end of the day, is basically what playing games are about. Beating them and reward for that.

+1 for the end game history review and for minimovies for wonders.

the probable reason why there are no little videos like there are in Civ 4 is because it is far easier and cheaper to make a little "classy" painting in photoshop. sure that takes skill to make, but it is much more expensive to have those little videos done like in Civ 4. if anyone was keeping up with firaxis news about half a year before the launch of the game, they cut like half their staff on the civ project. they were definitely preferring to save money than put out a highly refined product♠

anyone that is satisfied with the weak chart and "classy" painting at the end of the game is really not expecting much reward for all the time they just spent staring at a computer screen. just some little info-video at the end really made all the time-sucking of the earlier games so worth it.

Good movies really can have a significant impact. I'd say Blizzard's cinematic team is one of the reasons I love their games so much.

That said, the Civ II wonder 'movies' were often simply montages of photographs and existing video with some music playing. That is NOT expensive to produce and really added a lot to the game, let you sit back a half minute and revel in how awesome your empire was to build this Wonder before anyone else.

If you could only have one or the other, would you prefer an intro movie or a couple of victory movies?

Honestly? The latter. I saw the intro movie playing at my friends home at the weekend, then we disabled it by editing the .ini file.
But I'd love to see a (short) ceremonial movie for every victory-type...

How often do you watch an intro movie? The first time you play, and sometimes, when you show the game to a friend or family-member, who don't yet know it.

(except for Civ IV - there I watched the intro movie hundreds of times, but this was due to "Baba Yetu", but since I saw Baba Yetu at the opening-ceremony of the Burj Dubai/Burj Khalifa I always watch/hear to this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_GQYI9brGs )

so: +1 for victory- and especially wonder-movies

Top Bottom