1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Uh, war weariness is based on the original owner of the city?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Question, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Question

Question Chieftain

Oh i didnt rename the save file, thats not turn 67. I declared a religious war.

I dont understand how i got 2575 WW in only a few turns of war. And i dont get why most of my cities are completely unaffected by war weariness. In my latest save (not the one uploaded) it looks like all my original cities have 0 war weariness while all the ones i took from other civs have massive war weariness issues.

Is this supposed to happen? Cities that you dont found get massive war weariness? Rio de janeiro is nowhere near the fighting and went straight to -8 war weariness in less than 10 turns after the war declaration. That completely cripples anything the city can do.

Looking in GlobalParameters.xml...

<Replace Name="WAR_WEARINESS_LOSS_OVER_REQ_AMENITIES_AT_WAR_CITY" Value="3"/>

<Replace Name="WAR_WEARINESS_LOSS_OVER_REQ_AMENITIES_FOUNDED_CITY" Value="0"/>

<Replace Name="WAR_WEARINESS_LOSS_OVER_REQ_AMENITIES_NONFOUNDED_CITY" Value="1"/>

Im guessing this is the relevant part? But what does this have to do with amenities?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Chieftain

Have you read Victoria's post (linked in her signature)? It explains a lot of the mechanisms.
    In short :
    • You get War Weariness for each combat action (unit attacking or being attacked) so if you have lots of units, especially units with multiple attacks promotions, you'll quickly get a lot of WW
    • The amount of WW you get depends on your Warmonger Penalties and will be much higher in later eras, that's what the WW reduction policies are for
    • Captured cities will almost always receive more WW because well ... they were captured and they remember it.

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

@Question, I really need to see a war weariness log from when the war started, you may have had war weariness left over from another war or you may have a bug. There is just not enough detail.

You know where the log is, you know you are player 0 and so each turn go in there and check the total. When you start a game it should be 0. If you declare surprise wars and shoot a lot of horse archers it will ramp up quickly, at least the opposition is worse off. Any one line should not have more than about an extra 200 WW added.
    Yes read my WW post linked to in the signature, it explains a lot, but not city distribution.
    Go into the reports screen and look at your cities, that WW you are seeing there is affecting your happiness which needs amenities to fix.

4. Question

Question Chieftain

I already uploaded the war weariness log that i have.

I think the bug is that it is giving Rio De Janeiro (Originally Brazil) war weariness as if it is the same civ as Russia (whom im fighting now). Reports screen show that Rio de janeiro is at -11 WW...which makes no sense at all since im fighting Russia, not Brazil...

Ex-Russian cities having high WW due to the war is understandable but not Rio De Janeiro.

Has anyone else noticed this trend before?

5. Victoria

Its still a foreign city you have captured, it seems the settings do not differentiate.
    Your mods may not be 100% working with R&F either.

6. Victoria

Just tried loading the file, not playing, little more I can do to help

7. Question

Question Chieftain

The file wont load for you? Why not?

I just took St Petersburg and noticed that Rio De Janeiro's war weariness is back to normal....this seems like a bug....

None of my mods touch war weariness.

8. Victoria

On the load screen the mods are marked in red and the load button is greyed out.
    I do not use mods myself mainly for this reason, more comparable and more compatible but also more of a pain.

9. plus

plus Chieftain

exactly.thats why u must tweak the ww parameters especially when playing long games .since its divided to segments like ww when fighting far from home or close etc and u can change all that.

10. Question

Question Chieftain

Why is it only happening for one city? I am fairly sure this is a bug at this point.

I have a new war weariness log file from the start of a new war.

0 0 16 832 Attacking
    0 0 32 864 Getting Attacked
    0 5 16 4132 Attacking

This is for lines 729-731. Im player 0...so I had 832 WW, attacked, got 864 afterwards, then suddenly i jumped to 4132 WW. WTF? Why?

War weariness log : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z25TISEpfwPKPlIvv32CZYrKwsD28_PmA2QHjvMQ0Sc/edit?usp=sharing

https://i.imgur.com/BeXprWp.jpg

Once again Rio De Janeiro is the ONLY city with WW problems...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  11. Victoria

Multiple wars. 0 vs 0 ... have you some rebels?
    Lines 728 & 729 looks like some rebels attacking you
    730&731 you are attacking civ 5
    The WW is so high against player 5 because you are attacking them a lot looking at your log, lots of shooting. Every time you attack you get WW.

12. Question

Question Chieftain

No, i had zero rebels at all. Either thats a bug in the log or thats from my industrial districts getting pillaged by spies.

What i dont get is why Rio De Janeiro is the ONLY city with WW problems. Look at my all other cities in the screenshot...even the ones that i took from Russia, not founded by me, all have ZERO WW.

Like...why? Shouldnt WW be affecting each city? Again, Rio De Janeiro is NOWHERE near the fighting.

13. Question

Question Chieftain

I think I figured it out. Looking at my newest war weariness log, i see that my war weariness is increasing by 110 in the classical era (formal war) for every turn my units get bombarded by a city or encampment.

Thats 220 WW per turn easily...not counting any other fighting...and it only takes 400 WW to get -1 amenities.

But im not sure why its so high in the classical era. Theres supposedly a 2x modifier if a city is attacking but i dont see that defined in the global parameters xml file anywhere.

And im still not sure why only one city is getting hit with the full WW while other cities are fine.

14. Question

Question Chieftain