UI Design: Build Queue . . ?

Steamwerks

Warlord
Have any of the recent patches made an effort to overhaul the build queue or other UI elements? Playing the demo, I found the UI to be extraordinarily cumbersome, requiring ridiculous amounts of clicks to accomplish common tasks. The design of the build queue is downright comical. Anyways, combing through the patch notes for interface improvements recently, the only item of any interest was the bit about dynamic tooltips for worker actions. Not a bad start really, and certainly long overdue, but I was wondering if perhaps I'd missed some other notable upgrade, or if an eventual UI overhaul is at least a stated goal of the developers.

I'd really like to get this game, as some of the recent gameplay updates look pretty compelling, but it needs a fluent interface first.

No, the queue is still clumsy. That being said, I can't think of too many situations where you'd really need a queue, since you typically have fewer cities and fewer units than previous Civ games.

Ah, I guess that would take some pressure off the queue system, but there are many occasions when you need to temporarily put your current build on the backburner to deal with something more pressing, and I found it pretty ridiculous having to wrestle with something so clumsy. I'll be able to see for myself soon enough though, as I just picked it up for $24!! on amazon. No need to stay on the fence when it's that cheap. ;)

Top Bottom