[UI] Hover Info

Zetetic Apparat

Warlord
Well, I can't say anything better than the screenshot:

Still needs work and expansion.

Think I can massively improve how it knows when to update the tooltip text (improving compatibility considerably), but I haven't just yet.

As ever, bug reports and recommendations welcome.

(The other major thing I'd like to do is show bombardment ranges when moving ranged units.)

It's in the Online Mod Browser now!

Awesome! I'm downloading right away!

On thing I had wanted to do is offer tooltips on terrain combat (defense) modifiers. Like on flatlands you get -33%, on hills +25% or something. And when a unit has a promotion such as Jaguar it would show that additional bonus when on a jungle tile, for instance.

Actually I'm still not sure, when you attack, if the terrain considered is the one you're in or the one your enemy is in. Like for the Drill & Shock promotions. Or are they defense only?

I'm fairly sure that Terrain-specific promotions apply depending on the turn that the Fighting takes place in - so the tile of the defender.

Hmm. A couple of issues I've run into.
Fractional movement points does look wrong. I'm loath to just Math.floor them (as the game does elsewhere), as while "1.6" does generally act like "1" (outside of Roads and Railroads), "0.8" acts much more like "1" than "0". However, as I say the game just rounds down, so that's what I'll do in the coming update.

More problematic is the constant lying of workers, who always underestimate how long a build will take. Worryingly enough, this isn't my fault (I think), because I'm fairly sure that the UnitInfo box (where the code is pretty much cut and pasted from) also misreports it. That is if it reports '5', it'll actually take 6, and the last two turns of building will report "1".

More problematic is the constant lying of workers, who always underestimate how long a build will take. Worryingly enough, this isn't my fault (I think), because I'm fairly sure that the UnitInfo box (where the code is pretty much cut and pasted from) also misreports it. That is if it reports '5', it'll actually take 6, and the last two turns of building will report "1".

I noticed that same thing, it's rather annoying really, since the last turn does take one full turn (movement points exhausted). Perhaps your mod can fix this bug! If that's possible...

Thank you so much for this mod, it was a hassle to have to click a half dozen workers on my screen and glance at the time remaining for each one.

That's weird! You mean your Gamespy account?
Yep! I've contacted both Gamespy and 2kgames, in the hope that I can at least get v1 removed. (v2 really doesn't change much except the appearance, and 'floors' the movement values.)

To be honest, it'll be more useful once I can work in stuff like: Healing (2) and Moving (5). Although that appears to be more difficult.

You should be able to get the same info on worker builds by hovering over the TILE, but I find those tooltips such a pain.

I'll be keeping an eye on this, for sure! I'll be downloading this as soon as you get the movement and bombardment ranges hover in there. That would be so useful.

I've been thinking about starting a similar hover UI mod that shows the worked tiles of a city without having to enter the city screen.

Top Bottom