1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

UI Question

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Loki Strikes, May 14, 2014.

1. Loki Strikes

Loki Strikes Chieftain

In watching a few videos of other players (made in the last few weeks, and also several years older) I noticed that when they mouse over an enemy unit, it displays the number of hp the unit has left.

I also noticed when they mouse over a tile, it says who owns the tile.

Additionally mousing over a barbarian encampment says not only CS quest, but for whom the quest is for.

When I play I get no hp information, no tile ownership information, and for cs quests, it just says City-State quest next to the bar that says a unit needs orders or next turn.

I have played with many options, and cannot figure out what enables this. I am fairly certain it is not a mod because watching videos of 6+ players everything looks identical. (Unless there is something as ubiquitous as BUG mod was in civ 4)

I have BNW and whatever updates Steam does automatically

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Try going to Game Options and set Map Info Delay to 0 seconds.

3. jlim201

jlim201 Chieftain

Are you sure they have no mods such as Enhanced User Interface?

4. Loki Strikes

Loki Strikes Chieftain

That did it Browd, thanks!

I have seen enhanced user interface, and they weren't using it, thanks though jlim!