Uighur_Caesar's Civilizations

I'm also working on an Illinois/Inoka civ...

From wikipedia:
It is currently unknown whether the Illinois Confederation peoples, including the Cahokia, have any relationship to the earlier native builders of the mounds civilization.

The Cahokia (tribe) are different from Cahokia (city), which was simply named after them. Both civs could easily coexist alongside each other since the Illinois come from a much later time period than the Mississippians. And yes, you could technically make one civ out of them, but I think it makes much more sense (both historically and design-wise) to keep them separate.

Except quite a few civs that are heirs to the Mississippians are borrowing Mississippian elements as parts of their design. I think it's fine.

Which elements? I'm curious to know. It's probably possible to find others.

Gedemo's Coosa relies heavily on Mississippian mounds. A couple of my civs will have Mississippian elements as well. Not that it's germane to this thread.

Quick lua question so that I can finish the Kaweskar's code: how do I determine the originating city of a cargo ship? Their UU is a cargo ship that generates science when ending its turn outside of your borders so I think a good way to make this scale would be to make the science gained proportional to the UU's distance from its originating city, but I'm unsure how to find this.

EDIT: Also, can someone make this canoe paddle silhouette into a unit flag? https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2014/04/03/10/28/paddles-310574_960_720.png

Well, this is the first leaderscene I've done so, enough said, it's got more than it's fair share of error and questionable choices, for one, I think I may have gone overboard with the filters, nonetheless, Terwa Koyo ladies and gentlemen...

Spoiler :

Edit: I definitely have to reduce some filter effects, hadn't realized how distorting they were...

There's some blue lines that need to be cleaned up?

Yeah, it was due to one of those stupid "lens flare" effects. I also removed whatever was making everything look extremely grainy and low quality, you'll see soon enough...

Here are my suggestions to improve it:
- Make corners smoother in the upper body.
- Increase his head's height, it looks too flattened.
- Remove some of the filters. Lens flare is not really necessary, try adding some of the light effects Leugi and Jan use if you can.
- Instead of filters, apply some light Gaussian Blur to the background. This will make the leader stand out more and make it feel less like just a photo pasted under him. There are probably better ways to deal with the background, but this is easy enough.
- In general, look at leaderscreens made by other people like Jan, TPang, Sukitract and Leugi and try to do what they do (or what you think they're doing).
EDIT: Also, can someone make this canoe paddle silhouette into a unit flag?
Can't you just reduce it's size and use it?

The lens flare was actually because I was desperately trying to figure out how to justify the fact that one side of his face was much brighter than the other one, I already corrected the trainwreck that was, I swear.

Some other suggestions I have:
- Replace the neck with Gandhi's, it'll look more natural.
- You based it on this, right? So, it'd look really nice if you added his hand sticking out and holding one of these bows.
- If you can find a hat that looks like it, add it.

The neck's not showing actually, it's still using Pocatello's neck (if anything the real problem here is that it's too obvious that's Pocatello's face). For some reason there something that makes it stick out, but it's not the neck.

Half that and half this:
Spoiler :

Which is why he's wearing a military uniform (yeah, he was on the airforce... colourful individual). I thought about the hat, Bow & Quiver, but couldn't find any model that didn't look... off, the head sticks out a lot already as is.

Thanks Hoop!

Speaking of leaderscenes, does anybody wanna lend a hand and make Jose Marti's LS? I have a few good references for a background that would have existed while he was alive here:
Spoiler :

Just a warning, being the cultural nationalist that I am, I'm gonna have some higher standards for this LS.

I'm also in need of a map in case any cartographers are feeling generous. The reference would be this map of Cuba's original six provinces:

Spoiler :

From left to right they are: Pinar del Rio, La Habana, Matanzas, Las Villas, Camagüey, and Oriente. No need to include the capitals as the province labels will be enough.

It's really difficult to read that infographic, you may want to do something about that. Nice to see Gaddafi finally released though.

I'm working on the pedias for the Kaweskar as we speak...

Have you considered increasing the contrast on the colour scheme? I can hardly differentiate the two in-game.

Noice release!

I could help you out and make a Cuban map if you want, though the time it will take is largely dependent on my erratic studying patterns, exams start in a couple days so its safe to say I will be pretty busy for the next few weeks.

Though at the same time I'm not terribly busy on the modding front, I have one mod that I am gradually completing and that's about it.

Have you considered increasing the contrast on the colour scheme? I can hardly differentiate the two in-game.

Yeah I'll definitely change his color's whenever I update him.

Noice release!

I could help you out and make a Cuban map if you want, though the time it will take is largely dependent on my erratic studying patterns, exams start in a couple days so its safe to say I will be pretty busy for the next few weeks.

Though at the same time I'm not terribly busy on the modding front, I have one mod that I am gradually completing and that's about it.

Thanks for the offer but I just got a map from Darth.

Great work, and a good idea for the civ ! ... Unfortunately at the starting screen the leader picture when you load the mod is the American one, and the UU pics don't show up. The same thing when you save the game . Also when you end your turn and another starts, the libyan logo doesn't show, it shows the American one... Any ideas when you could possibly fix these bugs ? :) ...Anyway, big fan of your work, keep it up !

Top Bottom