UK CFC Meet '09 [fo' real this time]

Can you guys remember to take and post an excessive amount of pictures? :D

@tycoonist: They'll normally let you in to a pub, they just won't serve you alcohol. Some of the late night clubs may not let you in, but a pub usually will, you'll have to keep Flying Pig company on the lemonade.

@noncon: so where do we join this group thingy, or do we just pm you details as before?

The usual age limit in British pubs is 14. Obviously you can't buy alcohol until you're 18.

In my experience the general standard is children are allowed in with an adult until 7 or so, esp in pubs that do food, and almost always if there is a garden. In theory from 14 a kid can have a half of beer if they are ordering a meal too, but I've never seen that happen. It's like dogs being allowed into a pub really - depends on the landlord and the area, but they'd better be on their best behaviour.

Where I live there's a pub where anyone under 18 can't be in the same room as the bar (mind you, you can buy guns there ;))

In my experience the general standard is children are allowed in with an adult until 7 or so, esp in pubs that do food, and almost always if there is a garden. In theory from 14 a kid can have a half of beer if they are ordering a meal too, but I've never seen that happen. It's like dogs being allowed into a pub really - depends on the landlord and the area, but they'd better be on their best behaviour.

In my local dogs are far more welcome than children. Sometimes the dogs almost outnumber the people. Seems like the regulars treat their mutts better than their kids.
Then this is Cornwall. "Quare folk hereabouts, me handsome".:mischief:

Personally I would prefer not to go into a pub that's got children or dogs in it (especially children). Actually, now I come to think about it, if it's got people in it that's pretty off-putting too.

In my local dogs are far more welcome than children. Sometimes the dogs almost outnumber the people. Seems like the regulars treat their mutts better than their kids.
Then this is Cornwall. "Quare folk hereabouts, me handsome".:mischief:

I've noticed something similar in Devon. The pubs are full of lots of men with absurdly well trained dogs and a retired couple or two. The kids are presumably wherever the younger women are.

Have fun you guys! :) I want to see pictures of you all wandering around England, ridiculously drunk.

I can't help wondering what will happen if I go up to someone drinking lemonade by himself, say "Are you Flying Pig?" and it's not you.
Ask if he's Swine Flu instead. ;)

I've noticed something similar in Devon. The pubs are full of lots of men with absurdly well trained dogs and a retired couple or two. The kids are presumably wherever the younger women are.

Hang about... you live in Devon?

:eek2:

Top Bottom