UK CFC Meet 2011

Megabus's don't have toilets..

The one I went to Edinburgh on did! I would've killed them if it hadn't, it was a 10 hour trip!

We should have a Chicago meet sometime. I would come if I could.

I could probably swing a Chicago meet. Its about 6 hours away on the megabus from Minneapolis.
Anyhow, enough hijacking the UK thread, unless we want them to pity the colonials who are so primitive they don't have a meet up.

If we had a Chicago meet, I could maybe come.

I'm still at that age where it's kinda awkward to explain to my parents why I'm going downtown by myself :lol:

Just be all Ferris Bueller! :)

I am only 16, so there is no way I could go to Chicago though. :sad:

Bringing together the NESers, fiftychat and the mods would probably cause a civil war.

I'm pretty sure that situation happened within the UK meets... I don't fiftychat, but i know Plot was there and I NES.. I think Mise goes on fiftychat? Not sure about the older meets.

Megabus's don't have toilets..

They certainly do. All you had to do was go to the back of the bus!

For some reason most of my journey home is on a train, the "bus" bit is only a little bit at the end.. works out quite nicely for me!

All fascinating stuff. But, like every other UK CfC meet thread, this is just meandering a bit around the key point of agreeing a date... I don't mean to be rude, and I'm sure we'll get there, but it's just painful to watch.

Count me as a "probable" for most dates. I wouldn't want any dates ruled out based on my availability (though I do have a fortnight already booked in a nice beachside villa in Tobago in August, and I damned if I'm forgoing that, no matter how much fun it is buying drinks for Kan).

Well late June seems to be what people are saying.

Weekend of the 18th or 25th?

Got to be a couple of weeks before that. I'll be moving out of college that weekend, so it will be a total pita to also come to the meet. College finishes on the 17th of June for me...

I can't think why not.. Boundless? I wonder when her dissertations due etc...

I'll know for certain on tuesday if you guys can hang on til then?

11th suits me down to a tee. I finish uni completely on 2nd so will be LOOKING for things to do by that point no doubt.

11th? All in favour say... er... aye!?

11th... bang in the middle of A levels, but hey why not. You only live once.

And yeah man, you do, don't take them too seriously, just get the grades you need, they're literally just a stepping stone and forgotten about as soon as you have the results (I've been trying to tell my sister this for months but she won't listen!)

And yeah man, you do, don't take them too seriously, just get the grades you need, they're literally just a stepping stone and forgotten about as soon as you have the results (I've been trying to tell my sister this for months but she won't listen!)

Bad advice.

Even with a degree employers look at A-level results; they will be going down on pretty much any application form you write for the rest of your life. If you have a set of good letters, you're chances of getting an interview (and possibly even the job) will increase dramatically.

That said, I day in the middle of exams off won't hurt. Any revision done this late on will be fairly worthless anyway. Far better to relax for a day.

Top Bottom