UK CFC meetup mark II

Please vote for a WHERE and a WHEN you want the meet!

• Total voters

Sophie 378

Avvie by ybbor
So far the plan is:

WHERE/WHEN: London, Saturday 16th December.
PRECISELY where/when: to be arranged - (? 11am, a Starbucks near Tottenham Court Road tube station?)
WHAT: Possibly going to museums and shops, and definitely eating and drinking.
WHO: see below, please confirm so we can arrange the above!

Spoiler location, location, location :

Probably meeting at number 1 - just by where it says Oxford Street.

Spoiler list of interested parties :
Probably coming:
ComradeDavo
Eklektikos
Furiey
Kan' Sharuminar
kryszcztov
Matrix
Melifluous
Mise
nonconformist
Rik Meleet
Sophie 378
Stapel

Possibly coming:
-0blivion-
BCLG100
brennan
Brighteye
colony
Dell19
feline_dacat
kittenOFchaos
Lambert Simnel
Markus6
Mr. Do
Scuffer
Xenocrates

Probably not coming:
Abaddon
Chukchi Husky
PrinceOfLeigh
Rambuchan
salty mud
Taliesin
Truronian
Whomp

Spoiler old OP :
Well, shall we have another go at it? :) The last meetup apparently went rather well. :king: :goodjob: I thought a new thread might be appropriate so we can rehash when/where/what/who more easily. I also included a poll :smug: so that we can more easily decide when and where.

My proposals
WHERE: Either London (easy for everyone in SE England) or Birmingham (easier for people far away).
WHEN: December (gives us three months to get organised), before Xmas (so the students aren't fussed about going back to dissertations and whatnot).
WHAT: Same as last time: meet up, have a drink, have a laugh, eat, possibly shop and wander around.
WHO: Everyone from CFC who wants to and can make it!

Please only vote in the poll if you are seriously considering coming!

:banana: [party] :band: :cheers:
Spoiler old list of interested parties :
Probable attendees: :goodjob:
Kan' Sharuminar
BCLG100
Truronian
Me
Rik Meleet
Stapel
kittenOFchaos
Furiey
brennan
Lambert Simnel
Eklektikos
nonconformist
Rambuchan
ComradeDavo
Mise
Melifluous
feline_dacat

Probably can't come: :sad:
Whomp
PrinceOfLeigh
salty mud
Chukchi Husky
Taliesin

Unconfirmed, or posted despite being foreign: :mischief:
Abaddon
emu
Scuffer
Xenocrates
Leatherneck
colony
Bluemofia
Mirc
-0blivion-
Brighteye
Mr. Do
classical_hero
Markus6
greenpeace
CaptainCarnage
Matrix
Do I have those lists right? Tell me if you want moving to a different category!
If you're coming, PM nonconformist (or me) with:
<the name you want to be called at the meet>
<your mobile or some way we can contact you if you/we go missing>
<where you're coming from and/or ETA>

Let's ALL go to Scotland. Let's pick a poor small village and tear the place up!

Either the locals will hate us or love us, you never can tell :p

what exactly would a meet up entail? what would we be doing

getting drunk???

seems like a ridiculus question that one.... ;)

wherever +whenever ill see whether i can go nearer the time.

I dont drink so I guess it would be quite boring

We would meet up, have the time of our lives and be generally crazy, I presume. And then the next day everything returns to normal.

Cos' if there's one thing the British knows what to do, it's enjoy themselves.

The last meetup, apparently, was mostly sitting around chatting (about life, the universe and everything) in Starbucks, and eventually going to a Chinese restaurant. It had been planned to go to a major shopping area, and one of the cool museums, but (I hear) nobody got around to it. Only about eight people turned up - there are some pictures on the final page of that thread.

EDIT I tell a lie, it was page 25-26. Attendees: Rik Meleet, Whomp, Rambuchan, nonconformist, ComradeDavo's girlfriend, Davo, Eklektikos, Mise.

emu: Sophie is right. At the last UK CFC meet up, we (that means all those mentioned in the previous thread), met at a coffe bar on Oxford Street. It is very easy to get to from most major train terminals that arrive into London. I'd be happy to give guidance for anyone trying to make it into the destination we choose. But I really think London is easiest for most. Anyway, after some coffees, we walked around town a bit, then found ourselves at a big Chinese restaurant. It was a big feast and we had a good chat. No alcohol. Some made their way off after that, some went onto the pub. It'd be great if you could join the gang for some part, at least. London is also a place that many people have some kind of cnotact or reason for visiting.

I'm interested, but not in London. It's impossible by car, and expensive by train. Somewhere in the South East maybe. I'm sure Londoners could manage Oxford for a day, for example.

If I'm in the UK at the time I can make it. I'd suggest Birmingham as it's easy for more people to get to and there's a little bit of culture there.

I'm so jealous.

America's too huge to have a coordinated CFC meetup... Plus not many CFC people are in the Chicago area (that I know of. I only know myself and Ybbor).

Bluemofia I live in the city (just had dinner at Frontera Grill :D ). I would be more than willing to meet up with some of the midwesterners.

To the UK people: I just got back from dinner and Lovely Holly said she would like to do London every year in December. If you're doing this in London I'd consider meeting again. We'll probably wait for NZ and Oz till 2007.

Indian food is a must btw.

Must be great being from a tiny little country where you can go met everyone and perhaps even ride your bike ... LOL. That's the problem with the states, it's a 2+ day drive one side to the others. Then from my house to Whomp which is considered close-by in the US is 6-7 hour drive from here.

Leatherneck said:
Must be great being from a tiny little country where you can go met everyone and perhaps even ride your bike ... LOL. That's the problem with the states, it's a 2+ day drive one side to the others. Then from my house to Whomp which is considered close-by in the US is 6-7 hour drive from here.

Nothing makes the difference in population density more clear than looking at a map and realising that the UK could easily fit inside 1 state. All that space must be nice in some ways though, really being able to go miles without seeing anyone.

@The thread: I know I'm not a regular in OT (I stick to the Civ4 strategy forum and lurking here mostly), but I might be interested in a meetup. Any excuse to get away from the hovel known as a student house and all that:mischief:

Leatherneck said:
More than 2. On vacation it took 2 days of travel to cross Arizona. And we were going at 100 MPH at times. (not a lot, but at times)

My preference would be anywhere between Bristol and London and on a weekend.

Scuffer said:
I'm interested, but not in London. It's impossible by car, and expensive by train. Somewhere in the South East maybe. I'm sure Londoners could manage Oxford for a day, for example.
That'd be good
I could direct you to all the decent pubs :D

Top Bottom