1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

UK facists Win seats in European Parliament

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Grimz101, Jun 7, 2009.

1. GinandTonic

GinandTonic Saphire w/ Schweps + Lime

Silly troll is silly.

The proportion of the Brits who voted for the BNP is roughly the same as the proportion of Americans who have been abducted by aliens?

2. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

Calling the Greens a 'weird fringe group' is bloody stupid, the Greens are a mainstream political stance across Europe and phrasing them with the BNP like that just displays your own prejudices.

3. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Greens aren't mainstream they are a weird fringe group, the fact you think they are mainstream highlights the putrid state of your mind.

Moderator Action: Don't flame.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

4. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

Greens are definitely a mainstream political party especially in Europe.

5. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

Not only are the Greens a mainstream party, but their policies are also very mainstream. Many of their policies feature in other mainstream party manifestos as well. They are a left-wing party, further left than social democrats -- but they're by no means a fringe group like the communists...

6. AL_DA_GREAT

AL_DA_GREAT amour absinthe révolution

Who said people who vote BNP are making a protest vote. I think they have a lot of genuine supporters. I say the scum are the ones who want to destroy Europe.

In what way are the BNP inspired by Mussolini?
    What is disgracefull about wanting to preserve your culture and heritage?

As a last note I would like to say that I do not support the BNP since they are way to liberal and they are pseudo nationalists.

7. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Parties which have a completely un-mainstream idea of how the EU should be organized and what Britain's role in it should be.

Let's look at this:

Now tell me, since you obviously know England better than me, is there any truth in this article? Be objective, please.

8. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

What an absurd comparison :rolleyes: You're equating "not considering Europe one's second skin" with "wanting to abandon the EU entirely" -- or worse, with the idiotic xenophobia expressed by UKIP and the vile racism expounded by the BNP. There is a bitter irony in your expecting Britons to ditch their identity and fit neatly into an idealised European skin, whilst simultaneously lamenting the BNP's recent success.

9. holy king

holy king Deity

we'll send two.

10. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Did you even read the article? It's not about the statement, it's about the overwhelmingly negative attitude towards the EU and Continental Europe. While C. Europeans are willing to make some sacrifices, the Brits hone their dolchstosslegende and blame the EU for just about everything.

Britain really does stand out in terms of its euroscepticism and island mentality.

11. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

We're not allowed to criticise Europe now :confused: What is it that you're saying, Winner -- that because we dislike certain aspects of the European Union, that we should leave it entirely? That because Britain has more eurosceptics than most other countries, it should be booted out? :rolleyes: It's the same "you're with us or you're against us" mentality that is universally hated in the Bush administration.

I'd rather a nation of sceptics than a nation dedicated to the propagation of cultural, social and political hegemony, which is what you seem to want from us...

12. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Silly Strawman is silly.

That's not the common British mindset. Danes dislike certain aspects of the EU, Dutch don't like some aspects of the Eu, but Brits don't like most aspects of the EU.

Stop overreacting, jeez, I asked you to be objective :rolleyes:

Imagine you're part of a club, but the other members have different interests, different hobbies and want to do different things all the time. What's the most logical thing for you to do - to push your minority ideas down the throats of others until they get annoyed, or to leave the club?

For Britain, it's certainly the latter. Most countries want to move forwards, not backwards in integration and they're getting tired of waiting for few troublemakers.

Yes, let's point fingers, very productive :p

13. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

No fascists, please!

14. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

The most idiotic thing for the UK to do would be to leave the EU :rolleyes: If your "logic" leads you to that conclusion, shouldn't that tip you off, that maybe, just maybe, there's something wrong with your logic?

15. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

Queen Victoria began to unite Europe. Britain is an influential member of the EU. It must remain united.

16. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

Given your attitude to foreign-born fanatics, I'm rather surprised you even allow a political party to be this far right. :mischief:

But I really don't see much, if any, difference between them and the talking heads on Fox "News":

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-396098142701070662

Speaking of "Johnny-come-latelys", e.g. Muslim immigrants in this particular case:

It is interesting that many of you see your own reactionaries as being fascists...

It also appears from the video that people who sport the Union Jack on clothing are the equivalent to wearing Condfederate flag regalia in this country? It is seen as a symbol of the extremist right?

17. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Your people hate the EU and don't want to be a part of it. The fact that they vote for party which doesn't have abandoning it as its priority doesn't mean anything - they simply vote them for other reasons, but if they had a truly free choice and got their referendum, I am pretty sure Britain would leave the EU and was demoted to Norway-like status.

And it would be better for everyone, considering that your next government is most likely going to kill Lisbon no matter how the Irish 2nd ref. turns out.

18. Azale

Azale Deity

So you guys still get to call us stupid Americans while you send Fascists and EU-haters to the European Parliament? And elect Tories to run your country?

I don't think CFC is the kinda place for a man of your True Finnish sensibilities. You should probably leave, before we infect you with our foreign germs. Some of the people on this forum even have dark skin! I know, scary right?

19. Brighteye

Brighteye intuitively Bayesian

That seems about right. It's like joining a club where everyone pays a bit of money towards costs and you all buy yourself a round of golf, or you collectively buy the cards, chips and drinks for poker once a week, and then all of a sudden everyone else gets annoyed when you don't start coming to Baccarat sessions every day.
    Having agreed to play poker for a bit, why should you leave your poker club just because everyone else also enjoys something far less worthwhile?

20. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

That's simply false. There's no other way of saying it, and nothing else to say.