1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

UK facists Win seats in European Parliament

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Grimz101, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

It takes 5 years to train a junior doctor. Our medical schools are fine.

I'm not going to watch a video you post Al.

The extinction argument is another pathetic attempt to justify vile racist hate.

2. AL_DA_GREAT

AL_DA_GREAT amour absinthe révolution

Swede is a nationality not a race. White Europeans are a race.

Ever heard the term bio diversity?
    Are your insults an attempt to justify your hate of white people?

3. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Ah. You admit that there may be some valid reason for people in Britain to be Eurosceptic afterall. The CAP!
    In recent polls people in the UK who said they were against the EU cited the CAP as the biggest single factor and the primacy of EU regulations over British laws as the second. Instead of dismissing anyone who dares to question any part of your grand vision for Europe at least try to understand the reason why so many people are sceptical of the EU in the first place. Merely tell us to like it or leave it is pretty pathetic otherwise, isn't it?

4. ParadigmShifter

I like most people except fascist scum.

We had a war about this remember, fascism lost and the leader killed himself by shooting him and his girlfriend in the head after dropping cyanide. Now that is affirmative action I think we can all support.

Moderator Action: Pic removed.

5. holy king

holy king Deity

white europeans arent a race.
    if anything, cacausoids are a race, that includes north africans and western asians. (yes, also them arabs)

6. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

I need to start a thread and post the article I found some time ago in which the author convincingly explains the origins of different pigmentation among human groups, especially the Europeans. I have a feeling that the racists on this forum won't like it... :mischief:

7. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Everybody hates the CAP, it's one of the things that unify the Europeans and give them a sense of brotherhood :lol:

CAP may be evil and counter-productive, but its real impact on member states is rather limited. It is just very visible because it regulates what all people care about - the food.

The difference between the Brits and Continentals is that the latter can oppose and criticize the CAP without denouncing the whole EU with it.

Meh, if you were following me you'd know that it's not the criticism I dislike on the British, it's their overall attitude towards Europe. Many other nations (jeez, this is so generalizing, but...) are critical of some aspects of the EU, but the Brits seem to oppose the basic paradigm - that more integration is good for Europe and its people.

In other words, Continentals criticize the EU to make it better, while the Brits just criticize... and criticize and criticize and criticize ad nauseam, and whenever the EU comes with a solution for some problem, it's Britain who opposes it. Everything that comes from Brussels is evil, obviously - and when it's not really evil, it's against British interests, it goes against the British way of life or whatever lame excuse is found to justify opposing it. There is an absolute lack of commitment on the British side.

And lets not even start on that "we were cheated!" nonsense that the Brits like to throw at the rest when somebody reminds them that they joined on their own free will (after their attempt to stall European integration by forming alternate groupings had failed). No, you really haven't joined "just a free trade area" and you should have known that. Ignorance is no excuse.

8. bathsheba666

bathsheba666 Fast 'n Bulbous

If we're not in it, we can't slow it down.... :D

9. ParadigmShifter

It's more British right-wing media that criticises the EU unfortunately some people believe their nonsense.

As others have said, the pro-EU crowd haven't got their act together much, for some reason.

Business knows that the EU is a good thing.

EDIT: Rupert Murdoch owner of Sky News nd The Sun newspaper also hates the EU, he wants them to ease restrictions on how much media he can own.

10. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

I believe the correct term to use is that it prevents 'distorted' trade.

I'm not an expert though, I can't get into the technical details becaus ei'm not an economist!

11. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

The CAP burns half the EU budget. It's very difficult to criticise the CAP without also criticising the EU, when half of the EU budget is taken up by the CAP.

12. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Why would he consider Hitler his leader? Hitler wasn't Swedish.

13. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

He wasn't even German either.:rolleyes:

14. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

Wow really? Guess what else? We both live in England (I thought I'd share some information we both already know with you).

Why would a Swedish nationalist care at all about Hitler? An Austrian?

15. Brighteye

Brighteye intuitively Bayesian

We already have the trade treaties. They're what the EU is and was. Why renegotiate something that we already have? Why change what's good about the EU in favour of further bureaucracy and regulation from a load of people whose laws are often simply incompatible?
    As for being inferior, it's not our fault that you all insist on sticking to Roman law rather than coming up with decent legal systems.
    And would not be able to buy much with it because labour costs would be so much higher. Modern economies rely on someone, somewhere, doing all the dirty work far cheaper than it could be done here. That makes commodities cheaper for those in the modern economy who have money from doing more skilled jobs. I'm not commenting on whether this is right or not, but banning mass imports and sending home all the cheap labour would not necessarily benefit our populations monetarily.
    And it makes other places more attractive to investors who can get cheap Eastern European labour whilst still sending those goods to Britain. We get cheap goods and fewer jobs.
    That might be because it hasn't been proven. We have good trade agreements, but why try to move to a federal state? What's wrong with mere state-to state co-operation, as we have now? The blinkered pursuit of integration for integration's sake is ridiculous.

Which is why when Britain finally agrees to something we implement it, only to find that the other countries don't take the agreements seriously. No wonder we hold things up! When we agree to things, we tend to do them, whereas other countries agree to the principle of more integration, but if they don't like it, don't do it even after it's been ratified. It's probably something to do with your crazy legal systems where the law specifies a wishy-washy happyland rather than actually forbidding specific things.

Oh, but we had. If you lot were all planning to ruin it that doesn't change what it was when it formed. If you start a poker club, you can try to change it into a house-sharing, wife-sharing, stealing-all-your-money-and-giving-it-to-French-farmers card society, which might be what you wanted all along, but it's not what it has always been.

16. ZB2

ZB2 New wave Ideology

I disagree to this 'majority' of Britian wants out of the Union. Everyone I know, knows that integration with the continent is important for the survival of our European society.

I'm sure the Daily Mail and The Sun likes the headline 'The EU is the end of the world', but those papers are for the tramps and beggars who have no knowledge of the EU anyway.

17. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I think that it should be clear that the aim of the EU is to become a country, in all respects, and those who oppose that should just get out ;)

18. really

really Deity

A clear simple constitution would help rather than the accumulation of treaties currently in force and soon to be augmented by Lisbon.

19. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

EU budget is ridiculously small compared to the combined GDP of EU member states. Yes, agricultural policy is one of the main failures of the EU, but the other benefits overshadow it.

20. Shekwan

Shekwan Kim Chi Quaffing Celt

They may have won a few seats but it seems the BNP are anything but popular. Their leader (Nick Griffin, IIRC) just got pelted with eggs and had to cancel a news conference. :D