UK politics - continuing into 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
British humor is truly worldbeating !
Breaking News
The US has hurtled back as world-class contenders. A CBS reporter at Capitol Hill has just announced that
"Police were caught flat-footed."

Tbh, Britain was irelevant in the Eu post 2004 anyway.
It's ironic that Britain itself caused the Eu post-2004 ex-soviet mayhem to even exist, though.

Cameron decided just a couple of years later in 2006 (or even 2005) to leave the EPP group in the EU (dominated by France and Germany) and join the rightwing also East European group. In 2009 this was done.
The general idea was clear: make a new alliance to attack the Franco-German alliance.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/may/05/david-cameron-european-elections-epp
I see it all as one EU strategy of the UK.

UK politics seems quite slow paced isn't it? With 5 year terms, Boris Johnson would remain PM until 2024 unless there is another leadership challenge and another election called.

As they say, a week is a long time on politics and Johnson really doesn't seem to be enjoying his time in the top spot.

UK politics seems quite slow paced isn't it? With 5 year terms, Boris Johnson would remain PM until 2024 unless there is another leadership challenge and another election called.

They can be treacherous inside the parties. But Boris is delivering on what he promised, contrary to some predictions (there are always those) I don't see him being replaced inside the party soon.

Quitting? Dunno. Perhaps. I'm not at all convinced he's ready to bail out.

They can be treacherous inside the parties. But Boris is delivering on what he promised, contrary to some predictions (there are always those) I don't see him being replaced inside the party soon.

Quitting? Dunno. Perhaps. I'm not at all convinced he's ready to bail out.

Hes got Brexit done even if it is an unholy mess but the rest of what he promised he can't deliver.

Keep taxes down and level up the North and end austerity and reduce the deficit?

Hes got Brexit done even if it is an unholy mess but the rest of what he promised he can't deliver.

Yes, he finally delivered on leaving the EU, but Brexit isn't even slightly done yet. That's like lighting the house on fire whilst cleaning it, then walking out and ignoring the billowing flames behind you.

Yes, he finally delivered on leaving the EU, but Brexit isn't even slightly done yet. That's like lighting the house on fire whilst cleaning it, then walking out and ignoring the billowing flames behind you.
Well, he has to do one of these things the English historically do best – declare victory at some arbitrary point in a continuum och events that looks remotely favourable, and then bugger the heck out. ;)

Which might be about now?

Well, that only works if he can pretend it has, which will only work on those people who have zero dealings with the Continent whatsoever.

(Or those ideologically predisposed to claiming otherwise.)

Last edited:
Well, that only works if he can pretend it has, which will only work on those people who have zero dealings with the Continent whatsoever.

(Or those ideologically predisposed to claiming otherwise.)

If he can pretend any negative effects are down to those nasty Europeans which looks like the line the Tories and their media cheerleaders will take.

upload_2021-1-10_15-39-40.png

From the protest in London (in front of the National Gallery).
Apparently one of the speakers was David Icke ^_^

Anyway, there are protests in other euro countries too, calling for an end to the curfews, closed shops and the rest. Recent ones in Denmark and Germany. Although I think this one in London was mostly for people who are of the view the covid19 crisis is a hoax (Icke is that guy who speaks about reptilian shape-shifters).

That's not interesting at all.

I think here you are wrong. In my inofficial Civ 3 expansion CCM, the civer who helped me a lot with the civilopedia (and is born in the UK) insisted that I should change the name of this civ from England to Britain.

I think here you are wrong. In my inofficial Civ 3 expansion CCM, the civer who helped me a lot with the civilopedia (and is born in the UK) insisted that I should change the name of this civ from England to Britain.

This is OT - I am sure you will be able to tell the difference from an actually creative subforum (eg for CivIII) in no time ^_^

So Starmer has finished throwing the remainers under the bus, after having cynically used them to sabotage Corbyn prior to the election.

Last edited:
...and it is interesting, that it is England - and not Britain.
Thank the lord that, despite a millennium of continued efforts by the French dynasties in France and England, we still get the Celts as a civilisation.

Keep taxes down and level up the North and end austerity and reduce the deficit?
Reduce taxes, yes, level the North, yes, up austerity, yes, keep the deficit, also yes.

Why does the government keep doing the inevitable 3 weeks after it became inevitable, ensuring that the inevitable will not be enough?
Spoiler Some foul language in youtube video :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom