UKNES3 Reloaded - Forged in the Flames of War...

UK, you told me I would be able to stop their fleet before they unload. That was the basis of the whole strategy of attack. What happend? Why did you change your mind?

Would it be too much trouble if you undo your results in 69 because you did say specifically through PM and in AIM that I can and anyone can stop an unloading ship before they unload, or atleast FULLY unload. I sent my 3 ships to specifically stop their ships from unloading. :sad: :confused:

Yes, a mistake on the map I admit. As for PMs, not gonna have time, so just gonna have to post the gold here.

Front page will NOT be updated, since I haven't got time, being hassled by mates to go out all the time - a mate came in and dragged me out is why PMs didn't get sent.

Amirsan, you asked if their fleet moved and then unloaded if your fleet would sink it. The answer is yes. You also asked if a fleet was already in a sea would it stop a landing. The answer is yes.

However, the answer is NO if you're moving to a sea to try and stop an unloading - they would be too far ahead of you!

Britain 5
France 11
Spain 11
Libya 11
Italy 7
Prussia 7
Sweden 5
Russia 14
Austria 8
Turkey 13
Egypt 10
Morocco 11

Nemesis

Uk, you told me specifically that it can happen. Plus the fact that we KNOW WHERE their ships are and that the sea shores is Russia's and Mine I dont understand how it could not have been sunk, or atleast 1 or 2 armies killed before they unloaded.

This is a quote from the PM I sent you days ago, I can get the quote from AIM possibly later:

amirsan said:
uknemesis said:
All combat is done at once, not in turns. Basically, everyone rolls, and then the deaths are dealt out, then moves to the next turn of combat.

As for your first example, yes the new fleet could sink your fleet and all its armies - that's why you protect invasion fleets.

As for sending your fleet to another sea to stop a fleet unloading, yes that is possible.

Nemesis

amirsan said:
How do you order the attacks in battle? FOr example, if I want to unload an army where there is an enemy ship in the same sea, can their ship, even if its new, attack my unloading ship before I finish unloading and sink my armies if they win?

Also, if I land 4 rmies in a province with 1 army, what is the order of the dice rolls? Will all my 4 armies roll first, then his 1 army?

Also, can I send a fleet into a sea and attack a loaded fleet before they unload any troops into a shore? What is the order of that battle also? Will my two fleets roll before their 1 fleet? This question is similar to my first one however this time I am traveling from an ajacent sea, and my fleet is not a new fleet like the one I described in the first question.

You said it was possible, but I assume it would be even more PROBABLE since we know where their ships are, we know where they are going, and the sea shore is controlled by myself and Russia. So I dont understand how we couldn't even make contact while they were unloading and take out atleast 1 or 2 of their armies.

Its one Navy and three Armies i believe.

Jason clear out your Inbox...

To France and Russia
From Austria

Now that my true colours has been shown in this war I would like to formalise our alliance.

To Austria (pulicly for hte world to hear)
From Russia

Your help with fighting germany is greatly appreciated, and we gladly proclaim that we are indeed allied with you against them.
May they fall quickly, and may our nations prosper on their lands.

EDIT: UK, where are you. you been online at all since the update? hope you come around soon. hope you're having fun on the trip, but not so much as to forget about us ;). anyway sent you a question by PM, will do orders as soon as i get an answer. (eventualy i'll get impatient and will just send you two versions of orders, and you'll have to pick one depending on your answer.)

Goood, Very good.

When is update?

Right, back home now.

Amirsan - you NEVER mentioned in any of your examples that the fleet you were trying to stop unloading was ALREADY in the sea you were moving to. It stands to reason that a fleet already in a sea is going to beat your fleets moving into that sea to the shore!

Roddy, gonna check my PMs now.

The update stands. That is final.

Finally, amirsan, I must stress that it doesn't matter who rolls first in any battle lol - the rolls are made at the same time.

Nemesis

Rule Definition and Update

I've been asked about transporting your armies on an ally's fleets. I will allow this, but to make this a little more interesting, if you transport two or more of an ally's army on one fleet then you could be subject to them taking control of the fleet. Basically, if you have two or more armies on a single fleet of an ally, you can take control of that fleet with a battle. This battle would involve two armies on one (the fleet counting as an army). In most cases, the fleet will lose and one army will be lost. The remaining army is also lost as it must man the fleet to make it yours. This means that taking over a fleet can be costlier than building one, but it can be a useful backstabbing tool...

Nemesis

Missing orders from blackheart, Jason the King and Finmaster.

Will probably update tomorrow regardless of orders (been feeling a bit under the weather since getting home, that's why I haven't yet updated, and will be the reason if I don't tomorrow).

Nemesis

Oh and map problems and front page will be corrected in the update lol, since emu's point on Italy's fleet colours being the wrong way around (it's got one fleet and three armies), and the france armies thing.

Nemesis

UKNES Update 6 - "The Storm Clouds Loom..."

War is breaking out throughout Europe and North Africa... The Old World is falling apart...

Sweden strikes back, invading British Norway (68)!

Sweden moved to reconquer more of its lost territory, sending three armies to retake Norway (68). They found it deserted...

Britain moves on...

British troops had instead adopted a scorched earth tactic, retreating from Norway (68) heading north. They left no food or loot for the Swedish to capture, but the order was not given to dismantle the port, leaving it in Swedish hands with the possibility of a naval strike against Britain in the future...

(No armies lost, Norway (68) captured by Sweden)

Britain invades Swedish Murmansk (64)!

One British army from Sweden (68) battled through a snowstorm to reach Murmansk (64), but found the province deserted as expected.

(No armies lost, Murmansk (64) captured by Britain)

Swedish Archangel (66) falls to combined British and Russian attack!

Two British armies from Norway (68) attacked Archangel (66) from the north as a Russian army invaded from the south in support. They found the new Swedish recruits raised in the area had already retreated west, and had dismantled the barracks that they had trained in. The Russians retreated back to St. Petersburg (63). (I know 66 isn't technically Archangel but Karelia, but it goes close enough on its eastern border for me - 63 is better as St. Petersburg, so no harm).

(No armies lost, Archangel (66) captured by Britain)

Britain invades Swedish Finland (65)!

One British army from Norway (68) invaded Finland (65), and began to head south - then ran into the two Swedish armies retreating there from Archangel (66). The ensuing battle began with the British surprising the Swedish, and destroying one Swedish army. The surviving Swedes fell back and rallied, counter-attacking the British in a vicious assault which overwhelmed them.

(One British army lost, one Swedish army lost, Finland (65) remains Swedish)

The Prussian Rhineland (36) invaded by France!

Three French armies invaded the Rhineland (36) to be met by three armies sent to reinforce it from Berlin (37). The first clash between the armies resulted in a loss of two thirds of their force for both nations, while the final showdown between one surviving French and one surviving Prussian armies ended in bloody stalemate.

(Three French armies lost, three Prussian armies lost, Rhineland (36) remains Prussian)

Russia invades Prussian East Prussia (58)!

A similar sized battle was taking place on the eastern borders of Prussia as the nation fought for its very survival. Three Prussian armies stood against three Russian armies in East Prussia (58).

The Russians threw everything they had at the Prussians, but the Prussians fought very professionally - they lost two thirds of their numbers but wiped out the invaders...

(Three Russian armies lost, two Prussian armies lost, East Prussia (58) remains Prussian)

The Papal States invades Libyan Tunis (25)!

The Papal States made a completely unexpected move, sending their navy south and landing forces in the undefended Tunis (25) region. The town was captured without a fight - the Libyan Army was nowhere to be seen.

However, Libya may have help from an unexpected quarter...

(No armies lost, Tunis (25) captured by the Papal States)

Austrian forces invade the Papal States in Venice (32)!

Two Austrian armies crossed the border into Venice (32). One Papal army tried to fight them off, but succumbed in the end.

(One Austrian army lost, one Papal army lost, Venice (32) captured by Austria)

Austria invades Milan (31), a Papal state!

Milan's (31) one Papal army fared a lot worse against the two Austrian armies that invaded. The first engagement was very indecisive, and the Papal army fell back. The next time the two forces met, the Austrians used their overwhelming numbers to destroy the Papal force for few losses.

(One Papal army lost, Milan (31) captured by Austria)

Map

To clarify, Russia doesn't have fleets, they have two armies loaded onto British fleets. This is shown by them being linked to them.

A Rule Change and a Summary of Rule Changes So Far, as well as Clarification

From now on, NEW BARRACKS AND PORTS CANNOT BUILD TILL THE TURN AFTER. I am implementing this change firstly after I realised it meant that buildups can be countered too quickly on undefended borders, and secondly that many of you (especially Roddy lol) are using them to reinforce your frontier quickly!

To clarify on allied movement - you can load your armies into an ally's fleet. If you have two or more armies in their fleet however, you do have the option of taking control of it - if you win, one of your armies becomes the fleet itself due to it requiring a crew. If you win but have no armies left to become the crew, the fleet is lost, shipwrecked without crews.

And you can move your armies into allied territory with their permission, as well as supporting their attacks. These movements must be clear in BOTH orders, and will be shown on the map as your colour army moving through your ally's territory. Beware the backstab potential!

Dismantling a barracks or port - you must own the province, and at least one army there, it doesn't matter if it is newly built. The army can then move afterwards. A good example is what Sweden did this turn.

You cannot move new armies into territories you conquer the same turn - they haven't been pacified yet!

And finally, money is being sent out by PM - I will send them out shortly.

Thanks

Nemesis

From the King of Sweden
To Britain

We've played your little game, now withdraw from Swedish territory and we will forget this ever happened.

From the King of Sweden
To Russia

We see your true colors now.

Right, PMs sent and front page updated. Breakdowns of your finances are in your PMs, next turn they will be more detailed again but easier to read - just in a rush.

Front page will also be edited a bit tomorrow - I will add links to the updates and change the map links from URL addresses to something more readable.

Nemesis

PS: Make sure you read above rule summary, it implements one change and summarises the rest, except for upkeep, which is to be found on Page 2 or 3 and is made obvious in your PM.

PPS: I sent some PMs out with the title Turn 6 rather than Turn 7. While the map and update belong to Turn 6, this turn is actually Turn 7. Sorry for the error!

Damn You Austria if it wasnt for you the Pope would be going on a holiday down south now i have to deal with you too... tsk.. So much for helping Christianity.

To Christian World
From Pope:
As you can see the Austrians are blasphemous devil worshippers and should be dealt witha s if they are go on everyone Crusade Time.

Top Bottom