UKNES3 Reloaded - Forged in the Flames of War...

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by uknemesis, Jul 25, 2005.

1. uknemesis

uknemesis The Nemesis

USB flash drives work straight away on any computer after Windows 98, but I've got a feeling the cafe might use 98 - in which case I will require a driver. If restrictions don't allow me to install the driver, then unless the computer cafe owner will do it for me, then the flash drive wouldn't work.

But if it's Win2000, which is the other possibility (there are two cafes, and I think the other probably uses Win2K), then it'll work fine.

Nemesis

2. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

To: Ottomans

Russian hostility and aggression is at a peak. It will only be a matter of time before they come to claim your lands. Join with us in the fight against them.
    ---
    To: Austria

We thank our Austrian brothers for help against the evil Russians.

3. amirsan

amirsan King of all Kings

Its a good change Uk, I like the idea. Too bad it wasn't implemented earlier. :p

4. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

To Italy
    From Spain

Spain claims the island of Sardina and Corsica for herself. Any movement upon this island by papal forces will be met with Spanish opposition.

5. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

To Spain
    From Papacy:
    Then i hope Spanish Opposistion has a replacement God because ours wont be with you on that island i can assure you of that.

6. amirsan

ooc: @tyrion, why use the papacy as the name of your nation... using God as an incentive for your diplomacy is not too attractive. Why dont you just keep it Italy as it should be?

7. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

Because i like the Papacy...

8. amirsan

lol.. ok :crazyeye: :rolleyes:

9. Jason The King

Jason The King Deity

its just a game...its not like hes serious. and its more realistic (even tho it doesnt count in this game, lol) as many nations did use religion as a basis for their diplomacy.

10. EnglishPunk

EnglishPunk Chieftain

Hey back now and sent orders, wow looks like Europe is set to burn. Sweden one good battle from death, Russia fighting two powers and Spain and Italy ready to fight over the med Islands...

Hope the update can still go ahead even with any probs sorted.

11. RoddyVR

RoddyVR Veteran Board NESer

so i take this to mean that we should all send orders as soon as humanely possible, and not dadle around for no good reason.
    since if you do get a chance to do the update, we want you to be able to do it, instead of forcing you to post something like
    "well, still missing 2 orders, so will update next week when i'm able to get online again and hopefully have all orders".

12. uknemesis

uknemesis The Nemesis

Still not got orders from Jason the King, tommy_toon and emu. I'm giving you a day's notice to get them in before the update.

I will try and give a day's notice before updates, which are going to be fine cos the cafe is WinXP.

It's going to be mornings cos it's the only time I can get it done before anything interesting begins.

Update tomorrow morning.

Nemesis

PS: If I don't update tomorrow morning, it means the trip to the waterpark leaves earlier than I expected, which is actually quite likely. In that case, I'll try to update Sat. morning. If not, it will have to be Monday morning, as I doubt the cafe is open Sunday. If it is though, then it will be then. So no excuses not to get orders in!

13. amirsan

eh, by monday is too long. Can you just do a quick update without whatever orders? Really, people have enough time to send orders, dont wait on them. ;)

14. RoddyVR

yay. hurray for XP at the cafe. cant wait for the update. cant believe some people still aint sent orders. :nono:

15. Tyrion

Tyrion Hmmm.....

Yes realism i my thing see... where possible at least...

16. uknemesis

uknemesis The Nemesis

UKNES Reloaded Turn 5

lol found one of the PCs in the cafe has Office, so I'm sorted.

Stockholm (69) Recaptured!

The British moved all garrison forces out of Stockholm (69), preferring to use their superior naval power to gaurd it. However, the British fleet was unable to reach the North Baltic Sea (G) in time to stop the Swedish fleet unloading its armies into Stockholm (69).

(No Armies lost, 69 captured by Sweden)

Baltic Sea (F and G) Battle!

The Swedish fleet then tried to escape to the Southern Baltic (F), but ran headlong into the three British fleets hunting for it. The ensuing battle resulted in the loss of 1 British fleet and the sinking of the Swedish fleet.

(1 Swedish Fleet lost, 1 British Fleet lost)

North Sweden (67) captured!

North Sweden (67) was captured without a fight by the British.

(No Armies lost, 67 captured by the British)

Norway-Finland (68/66) Border Clash!

The Swedish Army in Finland (66) and the British Army in Norway (68) both tried to invade the other. The result was a border clash with both units being decimated, leaving the border unchanged.

(1 British Army lost, 1 Swedish Army lost)

Southern Rhineland (34) Invaded!

Prussia's Southern Rhineland (34) was invaded by four French armies and a single Austrian army. They met no resistance, but the Austrian army wisely decided to withdraw rather than face the four French armies in battle for ownership, which it definitely would have lost.

(No Armies lost, 34 captured by France)

Northern Rhineland (35) invaded!

Two French armies invaded the Northern Rhineland, met by one Prussian army defending. Both sides suffered heavy losses before the French won out.

(1 French Army lost, 1 Prussian Army lost, 35 captured by France)

Bavaria (39) Invaded!

Prussian Bavaria (39) was invaded by two Austrian armies, who the Prussians thought were their friends. With no garrison due to this, the province fell quickly.

(No armies lost, 39 captured by Austria)

East Prussia (58) Invaded!

East Prussia (58) was invaded by a single Russian army. A Prussian army had just moved into the region however, and gave battle. The result was a slaughter on both sides, with the province remaining in Prussian hands.

(1 Russian Army lost, 1 Prussian Army lost)

Map

Gold to Spend

Has been PMed to you. Amirsan, you haven't cleared out your inbox, and since I'm not going to get on the net much, I'm telling you your gold to spend is 5 cos of 1 gold upkeep.

Updating front page and sending PMs now.

Nemesis

PS: Won't be on till Tuesday at the earliest now - Monday is a bank holiday here...

17. conehead234

conehead234 Braves on the Warpath

Nice Update, but I haven't got my pm.

18. RoddyVR

ok, the front page doesnt look very updated (still has last turn map for "current turn")
    and i dont have a pm with my gold to spend..... not that i cant figure out how much i have, but still.......
    did everyone else get the cash PMs? or did the Internet cafe UK was at get stuck by lightning as soon as he posted the update and so he coulndt do what he said he's already done? ;)

19. RoddyVR

UK is gone for a while, no point sending him this, and Emu's PM box is full too (what is up with people) or i would have sent this to him privetely:

last turn, the french had 2 armies in 10 and 3 armies in 11.
    the two from 10 attacked 35, that makes sense
    but how did the 3 from 11 become 4 in 34?

explained below by emu... thanks. just needs the map adjustment now i guess.

20. Oruc

Oruc Reactionary

i built an army in province 11 and i guess uk forgot it was newly built and moved it over when i ordered my armies to attack

Edit: does italy have 3 navies and 1 army or 3 armies and 1 navy?