UKNESX: All or Nothing

uknemesis

The Nemesis
Six countries.

35 provinces, only 31 of which provide income, and 6 of which are capitals.

Up to thirty regiments (or armies), five per nation.

Four stats: Armour, Attack, Defence and Speed

One aim: To destroy your enemies and take over the world as you know it.

Welcome to UKNESX: All or Nothing.

I have returned, and was going to join NESs - but I realised something. None are easy to pick up and play anymore! They're all either story ones which you have to write stories for and some complicated rules, or game ones that are dying, again with some complicated rules!

To be honest, I don't have time to play any like that, and certainly not time to moderate one. But I wanted to return to moderating, and I certainly wanted to re-introduce simple NESs, but keep some sense of strategy and achievement.

So here it is. UKNESX, probably the first of a series of this type of UKNES, since I don't think these will take long for people to win (yes, that's right, someone could win a never-ending story!).

On with the very few rules:

Rules

Provinces and Income

The capital you begin at is worth 2 credits (if I ever call it gold, forgive me, too used to that term!) per turn. Every other province is worth 1 credit per turn, except the grey provinces, which you can pass through or stay in, but cannot be claimed, and are worthless (these were added to balance the map out).

You can bank up to 10 credits per turn, and you can give gold to other countries, for them to spend the turn you give it to them, up to a maximum of 10 credits per turn.

You claim provinces by moving a regiment into them - including enemy ones, and allied ones if you tell your troops to take them. You can move your regiments through allied provinces so long as you both state it in your orders, or include Right of Passage alliances on the bottom of your orders (probably the easier way).

Finally, you can sign whatever agreements you wish with other nations. Secret diplomacy is done via Private Messaging

You can choose which colour to start at, the name of the nation, and the name of your ruler. You start with 3 gold in the bank, and of course have your usual income, 2 gold for your capital.

Regiments

You start with one regiment (denoted by the 1 in your capital province). You can have a maximum of five regiments.

You can buy new regiments for 3 credits each. They start with 1 Armour, 1 Attack, 2 Defence and 1 Speed. These are their stats, with Armour signifying their health, Attack their offensive strength (see Combat), Defence their defensive strength (see Combat) and Speed the amount of provinces they can move per turn.

You can upgrade their Armour for 3 credits, their Speed for 5 credits, their Attack for 2 credits, and their Defence for 3 credits.

You can name your regiments, just put their name in the orders the turn you buy your regiment, and your name for your 1st Regiment in your first orders.

Maximum stats for your regiments are 3 Armour, 5 Attack, 5 Defence and 3 Speed.

Combat (Skip if you're not worried)

The Attack value of the first attacking unit and the Defence value of the first defending unit are added together, and a random number generated up to the total. If the number generated is equal or below the Attack value, the attacker wins and the defender loses 1 Armour. If it is above the Attack value, the defender wins and the attacker loses 1 Armour.

This continues until all units have fought. If one side outnumbers the other, surviving units that are outnumbered will fight again. The side who has won the most battles overall is left as the owner of the province, and the other withdraws (if the defender withdraws, they withdraw towards their capital. If the province is their capital, they will not withdraw).

If a regiment's Armour reaches 0, the unit is destroyed.

Players and gold to spend

BLUE= Rubanovka (RoddyVR) = 7
PINK= (Spacetrvler) = 5
LIGHT BLUE= Semeria (Jason the King) = 4
RED= Tossania (Tossi) = 6
GREEN= 6
YELLOW= Imperial Order (Heine) = 6

Map

Any questions? Comments? Enjoy!

Nemesis

PS: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/uknesx2.jpg

Yellow=Imperial Order/Heine

I hope it's ok.

BTW: You shall have a open spot for Roddy, he have waited on one of your NESes since you left us ;)

Orders Tomorrow.

One other thing - orders are sent by Private Message to me!

Oh, and just saying directions from each regiment is okay. You CANNOT MOVE DIAGONALLY is the other rule I forgot to mention.

Finally, you can name your regiments and country remember!

Nemesis

Green=Xiland
Regiment 1:Bob
Regiment 2:Rob
Regiment 3:Tyler
Regiment 4:Chaos
Regiment 5:pVC
Just for future reference.

AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

This isn't a story NES! Orders are sent by Private Message, since you don't want people knowing you're attacking them, etc!

Please IceEye and Xi 12 edit your posts, and sent orders via PM to me!

And of course, welcome to the game all of you.

Nemesis

Because CFC has been good to me ever since I began the first Never Ending Story...

Nemesis

PS: Blatant ego boost ;), so got to acknowledge major contributions to NESing: Das for making the first NES from the Never Ending Story, Troquelet for helping me create the first UKNES game NES, Jason the King for playing and modding so many, Roddy for scrutinising every rule, EQ for making the return to story NESs, and finally AnarchyRulz for creating, well, anarchy!

Blue for me, orders later.

oh, dang it. i missed it. :cry: :(
if anyone drops out i wish to take over their nation. i'll look in every once in a while, but please send me a pm if someone drops out.

Roddy, I know how much you want to play in a board game, and having modded so many for us in the past, you can have my position.

Ill play in the next one.

Jason

Jason, Roddy, I'm going to decide positions tonight, but BOTH of you will definitely get in, remember the PS: on my post!

Nemesis

i cant believe i noticed this thing 7 hours after its original posting and it was already too late.
while i'd feel bad if my being in the game bumps someone out, i think i can live with the guilt if i get to play :eek:
as Heine put it "you shall have a spot open for Roddy" ( i think he meant 'should' but i like 'shall' more ;))

yeesh, having typed that i feel like such an egotist. i swear if this wasnt the first board game i could join in like forever, i wouldnt be this way.
:blush: :thanx: :worship:

Right, I'm going to do a little competition on who can join lol.

RoddyVR, Xi 12 and Jason the King have all sent their orders in. But no-one else.

I need those orders!

Roddy has sent universal orders, and everyone else has picked a colour. So send your orders for that country! When I have six orders in total the game will begin, and one person will lose out - they're too slow sending orders, so they can wait till next game and see if it makes them send orders quicker (people slow at sending orders is a pet hate of most mods, despite the fact we do it more often in other NESs than players!).

IceEye, sending orders means REMOVING THEM FROM THIS THREAD, and SENDING THEM VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE!

Cheers

Nemesis

Huh? Ooops, they're orders from the last NES :o

lol need to delete old messages...

Nemesis

Top Bottom