Ukraine Crisis master thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make Crimea an independent buffer zone free of any Russian and Ukrainian influence. The Russians of Crimea will get their independence from Ukraine, but without propping up Putin and his cronies.

And Putin had just signed an edict proclaiming Russian recognition of Crimea as an independent state.

I'm getting bored with this whole Crimea crisis business now. *yawn*

Where's this damn Malaysian plane got to?

Here's a conspiracy theory - the 7% that wanted to stay in Ukraine were all the Crimean Tatars, but then that damned plane came in and turned the tables around.

Sounds nice, if entirely unrealistic.

The only unrealistic part is that the US and EU wouldn't dare to favour it. Diplomatically however it would outmaneouver Putin since he can longer play the 'self-determination of Crimeans' card.

The only unrealistic part is that the US and EU wouldn't dare to favour it. Diplomatically however it would outmaneouver Putin since he can longer play the 'self-determination of Crimeans' card.
Making something a buffer zone entirely free of influence from neighboring countries is a contradiction in terms.

Yep, cutting off key economic ties like fresh water from Ukraine in the north and pursuing (by implication) a depopulation agenda is realistic.:rolleyes:

Why bother with sanctions if they are going to be as worthless as freezes on assets that might not even exist?

You can do Russia a great favor in long term, if you freeze all assets of corrupt oligarchs and high authorities, and also start gradually reducing import of raw resources from it.

Ah. You don't fool me!

Obama and Putin are in this together. Probably with the long term intention of stitching up Poland.

Ah. You don't fool me!

Obama and Putin are in this together. Probably with the long term intention of stitching up Poland.

Along with Merkel, they will orchestrate the 6th, 7th, and 8th partition of Poland.

Varsav oblast will become the Western most district of the Russian Federation.

Along with Merkel, they will orchestrate the 6th, 7th, and 8th partition of Poland.

Varsav oblast will become the Western most district of the Russian Federation.
The name of the city is War-Saw.
You declare war on Poland in order to saw it.

Varsav oblast

There was never such a thing, actually - there was the Kingdom of Poland ("we were not a Pashalik, but a Principality" - in Ottoman terms):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_Poland

So we were never less independent than countries like Belarus, Crimea or South Ossetia are at the moment, and Ukraine was until recently.

Thus I guess the term "Partitions Period" should be replaced by "Enjoying Russian-Sponsored Freedom Period".

There was never such a thing, actually ("we were not a Pashalik, but a Principality" - as Romanians say) - there was the Kingdom of Poland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_Poland

So we were never less independent than Belarus, Crimea or South Ossetia are now, and Ukraine was until recently.

Guess the term "Partitions Period" should be replaced by "Enjoying Russian-Sponsored Freedom Period".
I am sure the Poles actually rule Moskwa itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom