Ukraine Crisis Thread III: a new European order?

Everyone who doesn't agree with your opinion = Future Oligarch

Thanks, CFC, for preparing me for a career in politics in a post-Soviet country. I doubt I'd succeed without your help.

Do you mind to re-think your analysis commrade? Did I call him oligarch becouse he had different opinion or becouse his desire for wealth? Take your time, you have two guesses.

Do you mind to re-think your analysis commrade? Did I call him oligarch becouse he had different opinion or becouse his desire of wealth? Take your time you have two guesses.

Call it a cop out, but his desire for wealth is in a clear disagreement with your opinions.

Call it a cop out, but his desire for wealth is in a clear disagreement with your opinions.
How about all of us get really rich? But I guess then lots of "fun" for few would be gone from this world....

It'd be just easier to eliminate the concept of richness as a whole, and then creating equality, but I'm getting dangerously close to Those Bloody Commies territory by suggesting that.

Here is my opinion: Let people realise their true needs and help them eliminate their greed....

The thing is most of their "true needs" is overlapping with greed. And not all of the people are greedy for money; sometimes they need it to pay their utilities/food/the drug dealer down the street...

The thing is most of their "true needs" is overlapping with greed. And not all of the people are greedy for money; sometimes they need it to pay their utilities/food/the drug dealer down the street...

Thanks Tolni to help me make lots of virtual wish-cash but this is for another thread. If you want to open one I will be over.

Spoiler :
And before WW2 borders in this region looked like this (posting this for comparison):

And Moldova was also part of Romania before WW2 (with the exception of Transnistria, which was part of the Ukrainian Soviet Republic before WW2).

Slovakia doesn't want Transcarpathia back ???

Carpatho-Ruthenians seem to be closer culturally to Slovakians than to Ukrainians.

Slovakia doesn't want Transcarpathia back ???

Carpatho-Ruthenians seem to be closer culturally to Slovakians than to Ukrainians.

You mean everyone with claims(or not) takes a piece? Just like with Poland?

I was just asking. Because I know one Slovakian guy who supports Putin and Russia in current Ukrainian crisis.

By the way - don't you want the borders of the European Union to expand eastward ???

Just like with Poland?

Polish nationalist politician Roman Dmowski (1864 - 1939) claimed that Poland needed the "lesson of the partitions" to improve itself.

Maybe Ukraine also needs "the lesson of the partitions" to improve itself ??? Because apparently Ukraine is not improving itself since 1991.

Well - don't you want the borders of the European Union to expand eastward ???

Thats fine by me but many things would have to be considered. You dont want ukrainian terorist and freedom fighters all around the eastern EU border.

Do you have some interesting article/debate/data on the topic?

Polish nationalist politician Roman Dmowski (1864 - 1939) claimed that Poland needed the "lesson of the partitions" to improve itself.
I admire that honesty...

Ukraine, the new Poland. Welcome to "all-you-can-eat" buffet called Ukraine.

In which case, we'd love if you give us Bessarabia to Bulgaria, like, free of charge, y'know?

Ukraine, the new Poland. Welcome to "all-you-can-eat" buffet called Ukraine.

In which case, we'd love if you give us Bessarabia to Bulgaria, like, free of charge, y'know?
There is no common border with Bulgary, no cultural ties, no nothing. You may as well ask for Kyiv region....

Oh, haven't you heard of the Bessarabian Bulgarians? If Russia can get away with it, why wouldn't we?

Also, add all of Dobrogea for prettier map.

How about throwing up a referendum? In Bulgarian ofc.:)

And dont forget to make claim for Volga-Bulgaria. It sure will make Russia consider Bulgaria Russian...

Edit: Actualy I met a woman last year from Moldova and she had both Bulgarian and Moldavian passport

That's ancient history, mate. We're not that mean, unlike some other people.

Do you mean mean like US taking Porto Rico without any history at all?

Do you mean mean like US taking Porto Rico without any history at all?

Puerto Rico had no history of democracy, so the only thing they could do is to bring some over.

But Winner, what is there to debate anymore? Both sides are at a discourse and refuse to listen; you might as well request to lock this thread and all that contain the words "Ukraine" or "Crimea".

Top Bottom