1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ukrainian Revolution master thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Winner, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verbose

Verbose Chieftain

So why is Klitschko writing in English? Seems incongrous... Of course, this kind of e-mail layout is the simplest thing in the world to simply fake. But why fake it in English then? Makes it look credible? And if it supposedly ISN'T BS, but the real deal — then why give it a fake e-mail layout frame? Make it look credible?

The simplemindedness of this kind of BS:ing is kind of an affrontery. Clearly people are getting speed-blind by it all.

2. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

I've heard Klitschko speak in English and I seriously doubt he'd be able to produce such a letter on his own. Obvious fake is obvious.

3. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Bush's english are/were less than good as well. I doubt he wrote his speeches :)

4. Domen

Domen Misico dux Vandalorum

It looks just like the border between my county and the neighbouring county until ca. 2010, when that 2nd county finally modernized their road as well.

However, both counties are in the same, capitalist state (Poland).

That said, I still consider my county and my city as much more beautiful than that neighbouring county and city.

5. LamaGT

LamaGT Chieftain

You're definitely right, it's just that people can't decide over who can actually improve the country. The whole point of the anti-Maidan movement is that chaos isn't going to improve the economy.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis excuse me

And in these last 6 years, how has Belarus fared? The 2008 value is an estimate.
    The banking system of Belarus consists of thirty state-owned banks and one privatised bank. On 23 May 2011, the Belarusian Ruble depreciated 56% against the U.S. dollar. The depreciation was even steeper on the black market and financial collapse seemed imminent as citizens rushed to exchange their rubles for dollars, euros, durable goods, and canned goods. On 1 June 2011, Belarus requested an economic rescue package from the International Monetary Fund.
    Not a good outlook.

7. Tahuti

Tahuti Writing Deity

Belarus even manages to perform more egregrious human rights abuses than Russia! Conclusion: Human rights abuses improve roads. Let's bring Apartheid, Soviet Communism or Oceania to your neighbourhood and watch the roads become better!

8. CavLancer

CavLancer This aint fertilizer

Well, now we know where the bodies are buried.

9. ywhtptgtfo

ywhtptgtfo Chieftain

Hehe yeah. Revolutions rarely work very well. What also doesn't help are external parties fanning the flames. It'd be a miracle if Russian, European, and American spies weren't actively involved in some way.

10. Aleksey_aka_al

Aleksey_aka_al Smiley

You're telling this a pro-Communist voter born in the Soviet Union.

Apartheid is phenomena of a capitalist society, and as a policy was opposed by the Soviets; it is not relevant to Belarus. Oceania is science fiction.

23 February. "Defender of the Fatherland Day", a holiday since Soviet times in Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and other post-Soviet countries.

A monument to Radansky soldat (Soviet soldier) being demolished in Stryi, Lvov oblast.

http://espreso.tv/new/2014/02/26/sadovyy_znosyty_radyanski_pam’yatnyky_zaraz_ne_vchasno

The monument was part of the larger memorial complex devoted to WWII, including an Eternal flame.

11. Takhisis

Takhisis excuse me

That pic isn't of an angry mob tearing everything down. Whom does the truck belong to?

12. Aleksey_aka_al

Aleksey_aka_al Smiley

Svoboda (Freedom, heh) is the major Maidanist power along with Klichko's UDAR (abbreviation wich reads as "strike" or "hit") and radical nationalist Pravy Sektor.

It was called "the Social-Nationalist Party of Ukraine" until 2004.

13. ReindeerThistle

ReindeerThistle Zimmerwald Left

Thank you, Aleksey_aka_al, for that info. I am a pro-Communist Communist non-voter in the US, and, trust me, Americans are being woefully misled by the media.

My question is: isn't the Ukrainian Communist Party quite large in Parliament? Where were they when this "vote" came down?

14. Aleksey_aka_al

Aleksey_aka_al Smiley

Supreme Council of Crimea. Pro-Russian anti-Maidanists clashed with Maidanists, mostly Crimean Tatars. There are casualties because of the jam.

Link to video.

Link to video.

Pro-Russian crowd outside the yard of the building:

Link to video.

People built barricades around the Council building.

The President of Tatarstan, Rustam Nurgaliyevich Minnikhanov, has appealed to Crimean Tatars on behalf of the State Council of the Republic of Tatarstan and the World Congress of Tatars, asking them to find peace and agreement with the Russian people of Crimea.

Last month, hackers from Anonymous Ukraine claim they have hacked emailing between Aslan Omer, the vice-chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar, and Andrei Tarasenko, one of the leaders of Pravy Sektor.

Spoiler :

Translation:

Spoiler :

P.S. Well, I know the latter seems fake. Nevertheless it was posted on January 29.

15. Aleksey_aka_al

Aleksey_aka_al Smiley

They never had more than 15% share, if I haven't missed anything.

Now some politicians in Kiev (such as Oleh Lashko) propose to ban them.

16. Aleksey_aka_al

Aleksey_aka_al Smiley

Dmytro Yarosh, the leader of Pravy Sektor himself.

Link to video.

He says that Ukraine is under "occupation", about "national revolution" and that Russia is "the eternal enemy" of Ukraine.

Some portion of the interview:

There are numerous reports from participants and witnesses that Anti-Maidanist Tatars were together with Pravy Sektor, and that they used bats, stones, petards and tear gas.

So far I found only this evidence: http://lifenews.ru/news/127983 (there are videos in the article)

Also, judging by the comments in Russian/Ukrainian Internet Crimean Tatars are split themselves about the matter and many of them concerned about the Neo-Nazi leaders of the Maidan as much as pro-Russians.

17. ywhtptgtfo

ywhtptgtfo Chieftain

This forum is subscribed to Aleksey's RSS feed.

18. Aleksey_aka_al

Aleksey_aka_al Smiley

There are people on this forum who are unfortunate to live behind the iron curtain of the Free Media™. Other means to get into the picture of what's happening are unavailable to them because of language barrier and loose cultural/demographical connection.

And yes, I am an interested side, because I do not want Maidan (read: anarchy, street war, ethnic conflicts, Nazi in power) to happen in Russia, nor I like it be happening in Ukraine, which I am connected to not only through culture and Soviet mentality, but genealogy. And those Nazis there sitting in improvised military camps are now talking of the war with Russia.

Unfortunately, there were few Syrian/Lybian/Iraqi/etc posters on international forums and sites to translate the corresponding sources and communicate the opposite position to the Free Media™.

For all the years Saakashvili was in power there were protests and violent clashes with the police in Georgia. His regime started with violence, repressions and censorship against the opposition. How much do you know about this? And how much do you know of the claimed Russian aggression in 08/08/08?

And now Saakashvili has escaped to the U.S. to hide there, while, in Georgia, they've initiated investigations and legal processes concerning his regime.

There's a rumour that Lvov's Berkut officers (which were publicaly condemned and apologizing on their knees) together with some militants recently arrived from Poland have reinforced the Pravy Sektor units and will be sent to the Southeast.

19. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Okay Alexey, I've had enough - STOP SPAMMING THIS THREAD.

Otherwise I'd like the mods to close this thread, because its whole purpose is to provide room for serious discussion free of spam and outcries and idiotic partisan rhetoric.

20. Aleksey_aka_al

Aleksey_aka_al Smiley

Discuss it already. You should not have call it "master thread" if you want to censor the position or facts you disagree with. You should not have been denying all these.

A good collection of photos from the fights in Kiev:

Spoiler :

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.