Ukrainian Revolution master thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Alexey, I've had enough - STOP SPAMMING THIS THREAD.

Otherwise I'd like the mods to close this thread, because its whole purpose is to provide room for serious discussion free of spam and outcries and idiotic partisan rhetoric.
We can go back to the thread about Lwow and discuss how Poland can incorporate it as a free city.

Russian news report that Crimean parliament and government buildings are seized by unknown people. APC vehicles (probably belonging to Russian Black Sea fleet) are sighted near Simpheropol.
Spoiler :

"Pravy Sektor" wants Peremyshl and other areas back and Pole slaughtering in Volyn' never happened.

Poles, meet your new best friends.

http://www.rp.pl/artykul/107684,1083009-Lider-banderowcow--ludobojstwo-na-Wolyniu-to-brednia.html

They are starting to wake up there, heh? :lol: I've always wondered what is the proportion of complete idiocy and preplanned agenda in this kind of events...

One day, the demon you've created will get to you.

Poles and then communists (many of which were Poles/Polish Jews) were the ones who created this Ukrainian identity like this to be separate from Russian one. Communists were punished to their collapse. Now, Poles and other parties will have their final prize. Superpowers are no exception: Tyahnybok wants to re-establish Ukraine as a nuclear power.

More news (with more anarchy):

Spoiler :

http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2014/02/26/7016392/

Groups of armed people who call themselves "the Self-defense" are engaged in robberies throughout the country, a deputy of Batkivshchyna informs through his press service.

(my comments: Batkivshchyna is the party of Tymoshenko, and "self-defense" is a common name of Maidanist militant units)

"They have firearms and they've created firm criminal groups. They attack homes and property of ex-athourity officials", he says.

According to him, this bands rob empty houses which people have left, taking valuables; there are cases of rape also. People in masks armed with automatic guns bring to a stop cars and transport vehicles, bully the passangers and extort for the needs of the revolution, as they explain.

"The most aggressive are gangs which are from 31 and 33 sotnia (military division, "a hundred" – my comment) of the Maidan Self-defense. The leader of the 31 sotnia is Sasha Bunker. And the 33 sotnia has 10 pieces of AK. There's also an unidentified gang UPA Specnaz, which has almost 20 pieces of sawed-off guns and 9 AKs", he said.

(UPA == Ukranian Insurgent Army – my comment)

According to him, a unit of either 31 or 33 sotnia uses a vehicle with a number of Verkhovnaya Rada: АА 0019 ВР.

The deputy demands Andrei Paruby, the commendant of Maidan, to take control of the situation.

"If Mr. Paruby is in charge of the 31st and 33rd sotnia, then it is him who should deal with them. He should also ban masks (Yanukovich's regime has already fallen, so there's no need for them). Or he is responsible for these outrages.

The deputy also requests Arsen Awakov to organize the protection of civilians without delay. "We must the outrageous acts of these gangs to avoid compromising the idea of Euromaidan", he holds.

Tymoshenko has magically healed while being in American embassy:

Spoiler :

There's a rumour that she's a long drug addict.

Tymoshenko has magically healed while being in American embassy:

Spoiler :

There's a rumour that she's a long drug addict.
And FDR never had no problem with his legs...

You know, if you trawl the internet, you can find rumours about anything. Question is which ones you really, really want to believe, oh so badly, as you apprently do.

The big point of mudslinging, as always, is that whether there's any truth to it or not, some of it will stick.

Now, either you're posting this kind of rubbish in good faith? Then that speaks poorly of your powers of discrimination. Or you are posting it in bad faith, and then you're simply slinging mud.

The third option might be that you have no actal control over what you're posting at this point, and it's some kind of weird tick. The argument in favour of that interpetation is that the crudeness of the exercise is such that it's unlikely to convince anyone, and thus counterproductive.

Something is making too many Russians go "FascistFascistFascistFascist!" on the internet these days. Some kind of virus?

The third option might be that you have no actal control over what you're posting at this point, and it's some kind of weird tick. The argument in favour of that interpetation is that the crudeness of the exercise is such that it's unlikely to convince anyone, and thus counterproductive.
What you mean, he is mind controlled?

Crimean Parliament is seized by a group of 60 local men, armed with various firearms. Russian flag is installed.

Spoiler :

Pro-Russian people start to gather around the parliament.

Alex, I hope you do realize that the more you use the terms like fascist or nazi and the more people you label as fascists and nazis the more you dilute the meaning of those terms. If you and people like you keep up with your campaign to label all your opponents fascists/nazis then soon it will be understood to mean just that. Fascist or nazi will be understood to be a person who opposes Russia or Russians.

to Verbose:

If I find a rumour I call it a rumour, unlike a few people here.

Tymoshenko has became ill without any definite reason and she refused to be examined by medics all the time. There's no explanation of why she is like she is.

I did not find English sources, but there are articles in the Czech Internet touching the matter, since the ex-associative of Tymoshenko who accused her, flew to the Czech Republic from Ukranian jurisdiction.

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ct24/svet/171525-tymosenkova-se-pry-zbavovala-stresu-snupanim-kokainu/

Ask Winner to translate it.

And I do not see anything wrong with calling a Fascist Fascist, especially when someone is trying to deny or belittle their existence and when they are trying, actually taking, the authority in a country.

to fizikis:

Neo-Nazi, radical nationalists, ultranationalists, far-right militants, Fascists, or whatever you call them are there: they were the shock force of Maidan, they are controlling the new authority with guns now, they substitute police, etc. And all these they do without much conceal of who they really are: bearing the symbolics, making the slogans. And their acts speak for themselves.

Fascists are there. It is an established fact. Good morning, Latvia!

Discuss it already. You should not have call it "master thread" if you want to censor the position or facts you disagree with.

I am not censoring opinions, I am asking you to stop spamming this thread with irrelevant images (mostly Russian flag being flown somewhere or some out of context photos of demonstrators), videos, and declaratory judgements. This is not RT but RD, we want debate here, not your but*hurt whining and political agitation.

We already know very well where you stand on the issue so there is no need to post series of 5 spam-posts every hour to remind us of it.

Ask Winner to translate it.

I am happy to translate the most relevant part:

S tímto tvrzením vyrukoval dnes podle ukrajinských médií poslanec vládní Strany regionů Jurij Boldyrev.

-> According to the Ukrainian media, this claim was put forward by Yuri Boldyrev, an MP for the Party of Regions.

See, in the civilized world we usually differentiate between what somebody claims to be true and something that is actually true based on reliable evidence.

So where did I claim it to be true? I said it's just a rumour the moment mentioning it.

As for the images, I put them behind [ SPOILER ] now. And those are not "mostly Russian flags", quite the opposite. And if you confuse Nazi symbolics with Russian flag, it is your own prejudice I am not responsible for.

And you know what? If there are a lot of Russian flags in these events, than they are relevant. Demonstrators are relevant. They are happening right this moment while you may watch a report of "all's calm in the kingdom of Ukraine; no Nazis" on your Czech Latvian Pravda TV.

Stop discussing me and discuss the topic, if you are after that.

And I was talking of Bohdan Danylyšyn not Jurij Boldyrev.

The Supreme Council of Crimea announces a referendum on the status of the autonomy:

People of Crimea! As an outcome of the unconstitutional seizure of power in Ukraine supported by armed radical nationalist bands, peace and order in Crimea are jeopardized. The yesterday's clash by the parliament building, which led to blood and casualties, is the result of uninhibited political extrimism and violence throughout the country. Ukraine is going down to total chaos, anarchy and economical catastrophe. In this situation, Verkhovnaya Rada (the Supreme Council – my comment) of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, being the highest representative body of the authority in the Autonomous Republic, resting upon the will of the people of Crimea by whom it was elected, takes all the responsibility for the fate of Crimea. Sticking with the fundamental canons of democracy, the Presidium of the Crimean parliament decides that the only possible way of resolving the situation is to apply the principles of direct narodovlastie (democracy, rule of the people – my comment). We are confident: universal referendum across the Crimea on the status of the autonomy, its refinement and expansion of its powers, is the only way to let the Crimean people decide the future of the autonomy for themselves without the external pressure.

http://www.kianews.com.ua/news/prez...niciiruet-provedenie-vsekrymskogo-referenduma

So, Russian armed forces are staging "exercises" while heavily armed militants have occupied the Crimean regional parliament. In Crimea, pro-Russian demonstrators have clashed with those supporting Ukraine and the EU, including the Crimean Tatars.

This will get interesting before it gets boring.

---
This would be the best info-map I've seen in Western media so far if it wasn't for the mix-up between Fatherland and Party of Regions colours.

Ethnic Ukrainians (whatever that means) are a majority in every part of the Ukraine except for Crimea. I wonder when people stop saying nonsense such as "Russian east Ukraine".

Something is making too many Russians go "FascistFascistFascistFascist!" on the internet these days. Some kind of virus?
No, it's not some kind of virus, it's Fascism... This thread is.not discussing fascism... but, let's be frank. The actions and rhetoric of the Right Sector, Svoboda, et al (inclusive of the destruction of monuments to World War II fallen soldiers... I mean, come on, not even Teahadists would do that) bear a striking resemblance to a certain other hysteria of the 1930s, you know.

Just sayin'.

:lol:

It seems as if Yanukovich is going to arrive to Russia. They positively replied to his request of asylum.

Spoiler :

(this is not an actual image)

:lol: :lol:

"I (Viktor Yanukovich) appeal to the people of Ukraine. I still hold myself as the legitimate head of the Ukrainian state, elected by the free will of Ukrainan citizens. I can not be vaccant relative to what's happening in my motherland. I consider the agreement signed by me and leaders of the opposition in the presense of the respected partners from the West, concerning the crysis of 21 February '14 in Ukraine, to be unfulfilled. There's outburst of extremism at the streets of our country. I and my colleagues are being threatened with violence".

<...>

"What's happening now in Verkhovnaya Rada, all of it, is not legitimate."

http://itar-tass.com/politika/1008215

That's getting even funnier :lol:

Spoiler :

Klychko, hide! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom