Ultimate City-State Wishlist

Luxembourg for culture
Singapore for trade
Campeche for militairy
Timbouctou for science

short ideas

Antioch is a new City-state, likely a replacement for Amsterdam. It's not on my list. :p It's a strange choice for a replacement in my opinion. Maybe it represents the Seleucids?

- Åland (Militaristic)
- Fiji (Religion)
- New Caledonia (Trade)
- Ryukyu / Okinawa (Trade / Militaristic)
- Macau (Trade)
- Aceh (Trade)
- Jogjakarta (Culture)
- Maldives (Culture)
- Hawaii (Culture / Militaristic)

I would also want to suggest for Singapore, for a certain amount of gold the civ received judged by the diplomats, the civ would receive + 1 science.

Nassau, Singapore, Moche or Lima, Prague, Helsinki, some Italian city-states (if they don't include an Italian civ), Bukhara, Kualu Lumpur, Palmyra and Cape Town would be some examples of city-states i want.

btw I guess the affliated cities (at least capitals, like Karakorum) will be removed from the list once all 8 new civs are revealed?
And in case this is not Maurya's capital, Pataliputra nominated!

- Åland (Militaristic)
- Fiji (Religion)
- New Caledonia (Trade)
- Ryukyu / Okinawa (Trade / Militaristic)
- Macau (Trade)
- Aceh (Trade)
- Jogjakarta (Culture)
- Maldives (Culture)
- Hawaii (Culture / Militaristic)

I would also want to suggest for Singapore, for a certain amount of gold the civ received judged by the diplomats, the civ would receive + 1 science.

Some of these are not cities, but entire islands or archipelagos. I added the capital cities of most of those (Suva-Fiji, Noumea-New Caledonia, etc) on the list.

Nassau, Singapore, Moche or Lima, Prague, Helsinki, some Italian city-states (if they don't include an Italian civ), Bukhara, Kualu Lumpur, Palmyra and Cape Town would be some examples of city-states i want.

Most of those are probably on the list already. I'll check.

btw I guess the affliated cities (at least capitals, like Karakorum) will be removed from the list once all 8 new civs are revealed?
And in case this is not Maurya's capital, Pataliputra nominated!

I'll removed Cities like Karakorum from the list once I get the Expansion and check the Civ city-lists. Chandragupta's capital is Patna, which is the modern name of Pataliputra. It would be a bit weird having both Patna as an Indian city and Pataliputra as a City-State in game, but we did have Istanbul/Constantinople in Civ5.

Some of these are not cities, but entire islands or archipelagos. I added the capital cities of most of those (Suva-Fiji, Noumea-New Caledonia, etc) on the list.

Most of those are probably on the list already. I'll check.

I'll removed Cities like Karakorum from the list once I get the Expansion and check the Civ city-lists. Chandragupta's capital is Patna, which is the modern name of Pataliputra. It would be a bit weird having both Patna as an Indian city and Pataliputra as a City-State in game, but we did have Istanbul/Constantinople in Civ5.

Oh, ok, I thought that I may put them because you put Srivijaya on the list ? I believe just like Ryukyu and Åland, Srivijaya was also an archipelago, as it was the predecessor of Majapahit.

Oh, ok, I thought that I may put them because you put Srivijaya on the list ? I believe just like Ryukyu and Åland, Srivijaya was also an archipelago, as it was the predecessor of Majapahit.

I used Srivijaya as an alternate name for Palembang, since that's already in the Indonesian City-List. Palembang was the capital of Srivijaya.

I added Mariehamn (capital of Aland), and Shuri (capital of Ryukyu Kingdom) to the list.

Last edited:
It would be great to remove Karakorum and Ulaanbaatar from the list, since Mongolia is confirmed to be in R&F.

Ok, I've removed Karakorum, Ulaanbaatar, and Urumqi from the list, since they are Mongolian city names.

Batoche may be removed from the city-state list if it ends up in the Cree city list, along with a few Canadian cities (if they show up in the Cree city list).

Oh, and remove Ordu-Balik, as it's also known as Karabalghasun and is in the Mongolian city list.

However, Phuket should be added. It would be Cultural (Seaside resorts produce +1 culture and are unlocked at Flight). Kingston and Phuket would essentially be identical (unless there's a better idea for Phuket).

Danang could also be added in as well.

Djenne
could be a religious city-state allowing for the construction of mud pyramid mosques.

Last edited:
Ok, I've finally removed Tbilisi from the wishlist.
Congrats, Georgia/Tamar!

I find it odd that Temuco is not in the Mapuche's city list.

Oh, and @Guandao

Please remove Scottish cities from the list.

Finally, Mississauga should be added to the list. It could allow neighbourhoods to build some city centre buildings as well, given that Mississauga is one large and populous suburban municipality.

I find it odd that Temuco is not in the Mapuche's city list.

Oh, and @Guandao

Please remove Scottish cities from the list.

Finally, Mississauga should be added to the list. It could allow neighbourhoods to build some city centre buildings as well, given that Mississauga is one large and populous suburban municipality.

I'll remove all the Scottish cities once I know the full City-List for that Civ. ;)

Militaristic Hanoi could grant land units +5 Combat when fighting enemies from civilizations with more cities than you.

Commercial Saigon could give +2 Loyalty to you for own cities at the receiving end of foreign trade routes.

Commercial Danang could give +1 Culture for foreign trade routes passing through your trading posts.

Militaristic Hanoi could grant land units +5 Combat when fighting enemies from civilizations with more cities than you.

Commercial Saigon could give +2 Loyalty to you for own cities at the receiving end of foreign trade routes.

Commercial Danang could give +1 Culture for foreign trade routes passing through your trading posts.

Thanks, I've incorporated your suggestions. Why the sudden interest in Vietnamese City-States, might I ask?

Thanks, I've incorporated your suggestions. Why the sudden interest in Vietnamese City-States, might I ask?

Just scrolled through the last pages and saw God of Kings suggested Danang, and then noticed none of the Viet ones had abilities, haha.

Just scrolled through the last pages and saw God of Kings suggested Danang, and then noticed none of the Viet ones had abilities, haha.

I've been slow to come up with abilities for the rest of the City-States. I'm bad at game design....:p

Top Bottom