1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultra Pilliage

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Izmir Stinger, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Izmir Stinger

Izmir Stinger Deity

First game in the new patch I selected random leader and got Songhai. My closest neighbor is Egypt. Ramesses is being a douchnozzle and denounced me during a DoF Apparently I am expanding too fast and building wonders he wants (I only built 2). He is begging to be conquered, but I actually have plenty of land to expand peacefully, so conquest isn't the optimal move, but...

Does the triple River Warlord pillage gold stack with the double from Burial Tombs? If yes, it additive (+100% +200% = +300% = 4 times) or multiplicative (x2 x3 = x6)? How about the new double gold from landschects? That brings it up to either 5 times or 12 times gold(!!). I doubt it is the later, but if it is, I don't care that he has oligarchy, time to get medieval on his ass (pun inteded). If none of them stack it is definitely not worth it.

Does anyone know how these bonuses stack up?

2. Vidszhite

Vidszhite Prince

They're supposed to, but they weren't working when the fall patch was in beta. It's probably fixed now so that they do stack.

3. sendos

sendos Immortal

May as well test it and find out. Average loot from cities (non-Egyptian) is around 400 gold. It would be epic if you could gain 4800 gold if you annex an Egyptian city with a landsknect. Combine with autocracy, commerce and Big Ben and that money would consist of purchasing about 10 GW bombers or 7 Bombers in one turn.

For those attempting this test, have a spy in the city so that you can be assured that the targeted city has burial tomb.

4. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Now, you know that if you build half a wonder it's too much for Ramsesses, he want all of them. :p
    BTW, ever looked at the diplo mods for Shaka. He always have red "they covet some of your land", even if your land is full tundra half across the world. Shaka wants all the land for himself. :crazyeye:
    Likewise, Alex will be pretty pissed of if you ever ally a single CS

Some leaders are really funny when you know them :lol:

Sorry for totally unconstructive post

5. Vidszhite

Vidszhite Prince

Once, I had some start next to all the tundra and blank plains, and on the other side of the continent is Shaka, and he has several much closer neighbors. Guy declares friendship with me. I think, huh, maybe he just has bigger fish to fry.

Nope. About 5 turns later, he declares war and has a massive army of warriors, chariots, and spears outside my capital. He marched all the way across the continent just to DoW me and steal my land, even though there was a huge gap of no man's land between us, and that land contained all copies of my luxes. Shaka just isn't satisfied unless he's stealing someone else's hard won territory.

He lost, satisfyingly enough, but if ever anyone wanted to have an ultra-aggressive AI that will stop at nothing to make the player's life harder, Shaka is the answer to all their prayers.

6. Izmir Stinger

Izmir Stinger Deity

The game has progressed. I have artillery and cav, he has muskets and knights (though the second i attacked a bunch of gattling guns showed up out of nowhere). I can find out if River Warlord and Tombs stack, but I didn't go for land knights and they'd be painfully obsolete in this war anyway.

He's built a full third of this game's wonders in his capital. As if the explicit "capture my cities" mechanic built into his UB wasn't enough...

One of them was the pyramids, which he didn't qualify to build. Do they have to be building it when you snatch it out from under them for this diplo malus to show up? If so, this game proves that he will trigger off of exactly one. It was Boro, for crying out loud, he is still complaining about it, two eras later.

Now he REALLY hates me. Big bright red list. Added to the list is: "competing for the same city states" (no dibs, Rammy!), and "when I asked you to stop sending missionaries you told me to go $*&# myself!" which I admit, I did just to piss him off.

Oh, and, most recently, "We are concerned about your warmongering" and "we are at war"

7. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

My last game (pre-BNW) was basically an inching struggle across half the map, four or five civs and the worst terrain imaginable to get close to Thebes where Rameses had built well over half the pre-Industrial wonders, but was hidden behind a tortuous mess of forests, hills and lakes, with its sole access by sea around a single hex passage between the ice sheet and the northern cape of the continent. This culminated in an epic centuries-long siege of Thebes which I was only able to win through Persia's GA movement bonus (narrowly failed to do it during the first GA and paid the price when Thebes with 90+ defence destroyed my whole army). Quite apart from the mammoth haul of gold when I finally captured the city, it caused waves of craven sperg pleasure to ripple through my body to see the scoreboard go from Rameses #1 with about a 50% lead over me, to Rameses in a distant sixth or seventh with me at about double the new #2. I gave up shortly after, but it was well worth it for that one glorious moment of fulfilment.

8. njmfff

njmfff Prince

So, that's why those leaders always hate me, and reason Alex hates me very first turn we meet? :lol:

9. johnny_rudeboy

johnny_rudeboy Warlord

Oh alex. I so loved it to crush you while playing as Rome the other day. You asked me to declare war on Babylon, sure I said, give me 10 turns. And I started building roads out side your capital with two ballistas waiting a bit further away. You said you did not approve of my forces so close to your borders, I said, cool bro, I am just passing through. So you offered me open borders for one iron in return. I said no, not necessary. Then the time came to kill off Babylon and off your army went in the other direction while my army took aim at Athens, the Sparta then finishing it off with capturing Corinth.

I have played so many games with alex ruining it for me. He always show up early and in great numbers, and that my closest CS also declare war on me at the same time to full fill the wishes of that little brat is so devastating for the whole game so I usually quit even if I manage to stay alive. But revenge can be so sweet. :)

10. njmfff

njmfff Prince

:lol::lol::lol: one way to deal with him.

my trouble with Alex is that he is ALWAYS runaway, usually starts very isolated so he has enough space to expand. It doesn't take too long for him to get close to other civs tho, since he expends rapidly. :rolleyes: