Ultra Ultra Ultra Ultra Extreme Deity Challenge

The AI is hardcoded to stop pursuing cultural once the capital goes. Just take out cultural AI's capital and he will stop heading that way.

Spoiler :
Given the land that you have sleeper I would have razed Djiene. Then moved my army to do as much destruction to his land/cities as possible. I find this does more to slow the AI when I don't have the forces to sustain an attack.

You really think this is winnable? :)

Spoiler :
If I had been a lot quicker getting Montes capital and taking SB's land I could have concentrated on Mansa a lot earlier. Basically he had turned of tech and was going for culture other wise I don't think you could stop him. He is likely to do this in most games so yes definitely winnable. :)

By the way oyzar and Sleepless, the civ names should probably be spoilered ... just so that future players can taste the surprise, etc. :)

Nice tip oyzar, I might just go straight for the capital and raze. :goodjob:

Anyway, my game up to 1000 AD.

Spoiler :

Mesa Verde is at 50% Incan and 49% Native American culture. I really hope it flips to me, saves me some effort.

Up to 1AD:
Spoiler :

Just finished Civil Service and about to switch to Bureaucracy. I'm a bit slow getting the first GS out but that will be in 7 turns.

The city of Tiwanaku was built just in time. If I'd been literally 1 turn later Sitting Bull would have settled 2N of it. I then settled the other north west city to block. I also raced Monty to the island, again getting there on the turn before him! :)

I've been taking the possibly bad approach of cottaging riverside grass hills.

I'm thinking I will need to go to war with Montezuma soon. Since he doesn't like SB, I shouldn't have to worry about Monty coming through his territory to get to me.

No idea whether I can possibly win this. Since I normally don't play Deity, probably not. :lol:

You may have given the human player too good a start DMOC, until 980 AD,
Spoiler :

I would probably have started with fishing or mining without pointers. But well there are pointers and these suggest that getting a religion on our continent is a good thing. So i plan to chop the oracle. If i'm going to do this it can't hurt to start buddhism (better than hinduism as failure is less costly). I'm still in time for mining to get the gems up without delay and my worker will only be delayed by 2 turns (i work gems, oasis after pop). Get Buddhism, no need for the oracle now so i switch to mining->fishing->bw->sailing->masonry. You know where this is going , succeed a bit after 2000 bc. Have had to whip 2 settlers overflowing to GLH to fend of Bull. From here it's just plain sailing, i find Toku and get him to pleased and ob with a small gift. I'm careful to stop trading with Bull now as Toku's routes are golden for my empire. send a buddhist missionary to him asap for buddhist conversion. Monty and Bull are of course already busy with a long war that's undecided for now. Monty'll win it in the end as Bull just doesn't get any tech.

Win a culture war with Monty for the fish near the island. After CS i switch to the astro line, lib is won 325 AD by someone. Just when i finish my first caravel i meet Liz who is of course way more advanced than i am, np it's early days yet. I meet all the others soon after and learn the truth about MM, oh well.Trading with Peter? I trade astro around and am admitted to the top tech circle trading with Ghandi/Darius Liz. MM is a bit too advanced for now, i think communism will be the first tech i'll get on him. Finish oxford 980 AD and research is 1004 bpt now without being in a GA (can start one with a GM or better with the GSpy i'll get from communism) and less than 100 gpt loss, a personal best for sure, i'm not even in free market atm. 1 turn to communism which nobody has. I want to build Kremlin so i won't trade it around. MM is enormous but if i take out Bull/Monty i'll have as much cities as he does.A situation the human player usually wins.Once the Kremlin is up i can make 3 more filler cities and buy 10 cavs every 2 turns, don't think Monty'll have an answer to that.

Attachments

• Huayna Capac AD-0980.CivBeyondSwordSave
    331.3 KB · Views: 45
@Dirk1302

Spoiler :

Nice going :goodjob:. Very good getting the religion and the GLh. Being able to tech trade with Tok early is a very big plus as I couldn't. I even had to tech alpha on my own as he wouldn't trade it and SB/Monty still didn't have it in 325BC.

Lib was a bit late though went in 1AD in my game. :)

@ Dirk:

Spoiler :
Wow mansa is much smaller in your game than in all the others I think. Also why do you have cuzco at 3 unhappy? Will you get happiness soon? Otherwise it seems a waste to keep so much unhappy...

^
Spoiler :

It just finished oxford so it couldn't build units. Maybe i should have built some units in other cities but i will need to live with the unhappiness soon as i'll switch US immed after Kremlin's in. I don't have stables yet and i don't want other units than knights atm. Not such a problem really as i'm not in rep and i can work every tile after the buddhist temple is done.. Some extra scientists would have been nice though.

I find MM pretty big actually but he's not disastrously advanced atm.

^I haven't won it yet, i'm sure MM will give me a headache in the future. If i had MM's empire + his 40% discount and other deity advantages i think i could net 5000-10000 bpt 1000 AD.
He won't have that much but he must be at 2500-3000 bpt, just can't help himself.

No need to put up a new challenge, this and TMIT's jungle game are the last i'll finish for some time. I need to take some more time out for other things including the 3 SG's i'm playing. I'm also going to browse the forums a bit more looking for new strats, i read an interesting one posted by Blitzkrieg for instance the other day.

Until 1645 AD
Spoiler :

1320 AD we're ready for Monty. Would have been sooner if there wasn't the need to keep up in teching. As it is i alternate between research and rushbuying. I'm well prepared now to go in with 2 stacks.

Besides those stacks i have 16 airships trained on Monty and Bull cities.This war doesn't take too long, 1440 i destroy Bull, Monty who's down to 2 cities capitulates giving up Calixthuaca in the process, finally a good place to buy Moai.

MM is ~35 turns from cultural victory now. I manage to tech to industrialism and have just enough time left to make a remotely convincing army. Time to take the fight over the waters. I ultimately want to dominate the seas in this game, this'll allow me to concentrate on my southern friends without having to worry about the home turf. Ultimately it'll allow me to bomb coastal cities and weaken them with fighters. I generally don't use marines much but in this game they may come in very handy. For this reason i build HE and a military academy in Cahokia togehter with 3 settled generals + drydock i can spit out one c3 battleship / turn.

1610 AD with 3 more turns to go on MM's cultural victory counter (lucky he didn't have a great artist) i land.

Relatively lightly defended isn't it? MM has no oil so no fighters defending here. Cultural defense was already bombed previous turn, fighters wreak havoc on Djenne now and it falls to my cavs (didn't want to waste tanks). It has Cristo Redentor but i'll have to raze it. Unused units get into the boats back to safety, next turn however.....

He didn't kill them off! 3 transports and all my battleships hurry back to fetch the wounded heroes.

Darius splits off from MM and i make peace with him 1630 AD. Same turn i declare on Toku, he's backwards and he has juicy cities which will perform better in my hands.

I'm secretary general so i call the motions, this seems to be a good one,

This will not only end the fight against me but also against Toku so i'll have my hands free there.MM has enough of fighting me already

Danger's gone for now.

Tokyo's captured

And i may be first to plastics

After i conquer Toku i will be the most powerful nation in the game.It's still a bit of a weird game, if MM starts teching again he can become a problem. I also don't know exactly how Liz and Ghandi are doing with their cultural attempt. London turned legendary, might be she's 50000+, 49000,49000 for all i know since i don't know if the game would show MM with 2 legendary cities or Liz. All this is unlikely however.

Attachments

• Huayna Capac AD-1645.CivBeyondSwordSave
    466.7 KB · Views: 48
Top 5 cities in that screen are based on culture, so if you are worried about an AI having multiple cities pushing culture, you can check there and see how they rank compared to the displayed AI culture in the VC screen.

Alternatively, you can gauge it *somewhat* via culture demographic graph. Not 100% accurate but between that and the top 5 cities/wonders you can get a rough idea of anyone who could be any kind of real culture threat.

Thx TMIT,
Spoiler :

i just thought of a rather nasty scenario. If peacekeeping fails Toku might vassal to MM pretty soon. That would set MM up for a diplo vic. I can bribe MM to peace with Toku for 1400 gold, i think i'll do so as 1400 gold is nothing compared to this possibility.

I will play it out but maybe not so soon, don't feel like playing civ much lately and i'll finish my own game first. I think i'm winning in this game as i can run over japs fast to get > 30 cities. It'll be a long tedious endgame though, i'm not exactly looking forward to finishing it right now.

Count me in. Might be a couple days though. Holidays and all.

@DMOC

what happened to the Churchill game? I was looking forward to see someone else play him.

Top Bottom