UN Discussion: Patch 1.74?

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
From DaveMcW in the main forum.

Unofficial Game Poll

Instructions: Anyone can and should start a thread in their team forum with this discussion so they can discuss among themselves. Please discuss how we should upgrade from the following options:
  • Keep patch 1.61 for the next few months.
  • Upgrate to patch 1.74 with some kind of Cossack mod.
  • Upgrade to patch 1.74 with no mods.
Please discuss the pros/cons of each style, and then decide which method will work best for the Civ4 MTDG. After your team has decided, your UN representative can come to this thread and cast their vote.

@Dave: Wouldn't it be possible to do what Conroe did in the DG2 pbem, but instead of just opening it in a new patch version, also open it in a "MTDG mod", which would be provided to everyone through CFC?

Also, if we're going to patch to 1.74, will it be 1.74 old or 1.74 post BTS 3.13.

I'm fairly certain opening an unmodded game under a mod will just report that the wrong mod is loaded, close the game and restart without the mod.

The possible option is to put the necessary modded files in a copy, like a dual install.

Good question on which version. :crazyeye:

I would prefer to patch to the post BtS 3.13 patch. I don't want to have to go through this again.

A mod is the fairest thing to do, but of course its easier if we don't have to use a mod. So I'd rather not but would be happy eaither way.

So, what are we going to vote?

I would prefer to upgrade to 1.74 with no mods, but like 1889 I don't mind the mod as much. So unless someone has a major complaint, could that be our decision? If yes, then I'll go ahead and post our decision in the main forum (I'm the UN rep, remember ;)).

I don't care either way to be honest.

I can't believe Piffle and Aloha couldn't work this out, this is clearly a job for...UN REP! I concure with Theo's voting philosophy.

Then that will be our decision. Let's pray that our decision doesn't increase the amount of chaos, like the laws of entropy in the main forum seems to dictate...

Top Bottom