1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

UN - GCA is Halting the Game

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Cheetah, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

There might be some days untill we get the next turn:

GCA is halting the game, as they want a ruling from mongoose concerning the fact that CGN does not want to make peace with them.

As people should remember, GCA was told to make peace with Apolyton in-game when they no longer had a possibility of waging a war between them, so that WW should not bring down Apolytons economy.

GCA believes, not without merrit as I see it, that they should now get an in-game peace with CGN. However, there is some uncertainty as to how to interpret mongooses past ruling on this situation.

The case has not been improved by CGNs lack of communication with anyone lately. Luckily Furloaf of CGN has come to the UN and started to talk, but a solution is yet to be found...

The post in the turn thread were GCA is announcing the halting of the game. Read on to see the first responses.
    The new thread to discuss the situation.

2. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Though the past war between GCA/CFC-APO is part of the argument, I urge all citizens of Fanatikou to keep out of the fight. It isn't our battle, and we shouldn't make it so. Take part in the discussion in a civil manner, if you wish, but don't be dragged into another shouting match.

3. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I second what Oct said.

4. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

Very true it seems. Yelling gets people in more trouble than it's worth. Believe me... I've had first hand experiences.

5. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I can believe that.

6. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks ;)

7. deshelbr

deshelbr International Playboy

Oh man, even if you don't comment, you've got to read that thread. Lucky is all offended everyone considers GCA/GWT a single entity.

8. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

haha they really are one country. Like GCA is a dominon and GWT is the motherland

9. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yeah. They're just trying to make trouble. And humiliate CGN, I guess.

10. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

Typical of our sworn enemy, eh ;) ?

11. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Save is movcing again, and we are up. Do you want to play it, Cheetah? You know where we are going and you know the war plans the best...

I can play it, but I'd need direct orders.

12. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Cheetah, please could you play the turn? I forgot and now it's too late, I need to wake up early tomorrow... :undecide:

Sorry.