UN: Patch 1.74 Poll

DaveMcW

Deity
18 months ago, we had a system for deciding important stuff. This is an attempt to revive it, or at least embarrass RegentMan and Ginger_Ale into taking over the discussion.

Unofficial Game Poll

Instructions: Anyone can and should start a thread in their team forum with this discussion so they can discuss among themselves. Please discuss how we should upgrade from the following options:

• Keep patch 1.61 for the next few months.
  • Upgrate to patch 1.74 with some kind of Cossack mod.
  • Upgrade to patch 1.74 with no mods.

Please discuss the pros/cons of each style, and then decide which method will work best for the Civ4 MTDG. After your team has decided, your UN representative can come to this thread and cast their vote.

Are we talking about 1.74 pre 3.13 or 1.74 post 3.13 here? :)crazyeye:)

I made this offer in the other thread.

Ok in an attempt to get this game moving how does this offer sound to piffle.

For the reduction of the cossak bonus against other horses will agree to wear it on the chin with no extra units or any other modding of the game. In exchange we ask for a 15 turn ceasefire to adjust to the new situation.

Is that suitable to piffle?

I'm fine with teams discussing in their forum whether to patch, stay, or patch with conditions...hopefully it can be done ASAP, perhaps in a few days.

What is the difference between 1.74 pre 3-13 and post-3.13?

It changes the .dll file of vanilla

It changes the .dll file of vanilla

Which all 3 versions use. But since the changes are only relavent to BTS it doesn't impact on vanilla or warlord if your using different versions, except for that annoying warning about different files each time you log in

It does affect the way how you play PBEMs. I found that out with the ISDG. I had to have a triple install since the new BTS patch affects the way you play, since any change in the files will result in a version mismatch meaning that you cannot open it to play a PBEM.

There have been negotiations, over the last several days, between Aloha and Piffle in an effort to reach an agreement on the patch. Unfortunately, it appears that we have reached an impasse and will be unable to arrive at an agreement. There is no fault or blame to be assigned. Both teams negotiated in good faith, doing what they felt was in the best interest of their own team.

However, Piffle does not believe that the current situation should be allowed to continue in perpetuity. As such, we are calling on the game administrators to create an official UN vote to decide the question: "Do we want to patch? Yes or no?".

I would presume that most teams have a general idea of how they would decide this question. Thus I believe the game administrators should place a time limit for UN representatives to respond to the poll. I would presume that 3 days would be sufficient, but would be happy with any reasonable limit.

I will just keep it in this thread for organization:

UN Poll on Patching to Civ4 v1.74
The options are:
  • Stay with 1.61
  • Upgrade to 1.74, have a type of mod to deal with Cossacks
  • Upgrade to 1.74, use the standard rules
  • Other

Please discuss this in your team forums and have a representative from each team post the result. Try to get it done within 3 or so days, but time can be given if necessary. :hammer:

Well there has been a thread in the Loco area for ages and only 3 people (at least one of them was me) have look at it.

Innovia votes Upgrade to 1.74, use the standard rules, but with the addition that we have no big issue with using a mod, as long as we upgrade to 1.74.

Epsilon has also voted to Upgrade to 1.74, use the standard rules.

Like Innovia, we're open to the idea of a mod – but are unsure if this is even possible, or who would make it for us in a reasonable amount of time.

Here's hoping the first Civ4 MTDG doesn't die a bitter death! :beer:

Loco (basically me!) has voted to Upgrade to 1.74, use the standard rules

:hmm: How would their responses be considered?

If they both vote YES, then it's unanimous and everyone patches.

If one votes Yes, the other No, what is there to consider? It's still majority vote. Do we disregard the 4 teams that voted yes?? :p

If they both vote NO, then this poll shouldn't have been started in the first place - as the two teams who haven't voted yet are the ones who initiated the poll in the first place :crazyeye:

It seems to me that either this poll is a simple majority or it's useless.

Unless a team wants to make arguments to persuade the other teams to reconsider their votes? ;)

Though the team has not spoken, I dont think Piffle has ever argued against patching.

Well, our UN rep seems to be AWOL. And not too many Piffles voted, but those that did voted to Upgrade to 1.74, use the standard rules.

Top Bottom