UN Poll: Refugee Rules

***ACCEPTING REFUGEES: RULES POLL***

• Refugees may join any team in the game after their civs demise with no waiting period

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Refugees may join any team in the game after 10 turns have passed since their civ's demise.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Refugees from destroyed civs may join another civ when contact has been established with all civs th

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Refugees from destroyed civs may join another civ when contact has been established with one of the

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Abstain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
A poll is now underway of the five remaining MSDG teams involving refugee rules.

Please remember that a vote for 'Abstain' will count as a vote toward the nation abstaining as a whole in the UN Poll itself.

You have two days. Vote.

I voted for the top option, allowing refugees to join another civ without a waiting period. If a civ is destroyed, it becomes a nonentity and it therefore stands to reason that they would be able to rejoin any civ they wanted as soon as they wanted, provided that their original civ is completely destroyed.

I do not understand the bottom two options.

Hygro- here is my definition of it.

3rd option- Example- CDG was destroyed. For us to accept refugees from CDG, we would have to have contact with all civs CDG had contact with (Poly and GCA).

4th Option- Example- CDG was destroyed, we would of needed to have contact with one of the civs they had contact with (Poly or GCA)

Top option. If your civ is destroyed, I think it would be fair if you could join any remaining civ. IMHO, that is.

BK... nice explanation, but those two options are by far and away the most convoluted options in a poll that I've ever seen. :)

Personally, I think there should have been a fifth option "A refugee may join any other civ that he or she had contact with prior to their elimination." In other words, CDG couldn't join CGN because they officially didn't know they existed.

Nonetheless... I voted for choice 1 - no waiting period.

That's what I was thinking, Forty...

...but the option isn't there. :(

Personally ,my oppinion is that these refugees should only join the nation of wich they are captured by.To simulate a sort of occupied territory.It's quite reasonable to think that in real life ,a refugee would never join a nation wich it hadn't even contact with ,and would most likely stay in the same city it used to live in now occupied by foreign conquest.

But that's an more rpg element to it.

What is the current situation there? I mean, what option is leading on the Inter-site scale?

Duck
Your argument for joining the conquering nation certainly makes sense, but even in these early times, since the discovery of the wheel and the taming of the horse beasts, there might surely be refugees who might flee from their homes before the onslaught of their conquerors. Heck, a wealthy merchant might even be able to barter for a ship to take him and his family overseas to avoid the devestation of war.

Top Bottom