Unable to ask for occupied city to be ceded [1.0.0.129 (260180)]

nzcamel

Nahtanoj the Magnificent
I took a city off Harald in my game started post patch. When we made peace, asking for him to cede the city was not an option. He is still denouncing me for occupying it.

20170330172357_1.jpg

20170331003330_1.jpg

Hey! A member of the CQUI feature team seems to have discovered an base-game API bug very similar to what you're experiencing. Could you provide a download of the affected save file for us to check out and see if this issue is related?

Sure - Here's the save I have.

Attachments

• CYRUS 23 3670 BC.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 155
Same game. Definitely a new bug. Xian isn't even an option to be asked to be ceded in peace talks.

20170402135559_1.jpg

What do you mean?

When you capture a city, you are offered the "Keep or Raze" option. If you try to make peace before selecting the "Keep" option, the city you just captured remains in limbo -- the peace treaty screen doesn't know what to do with that city, so it does not present that city as an option for cede or return. And if you complete the peace treaty and then select "Keep," it appears the city will retain the "Occupied" malus.

When you capture a city, you are offered the "Keep or Raze" option. If you try to make peace before selecting the "Keep" option, the city you just captured remains in limbo -- the peace treaty screen doesn't know what to do with that city, so it does not present that city as an option for cede or return. And if you complete the peace treaty and then select "Keep," it appears the city will retain the "Occupied" malus.

I don't think I've ever negotiated peace in that small window between taking a city and making the keep/raze decision! And this game is no exception. Both cities I've noted here I decided to keep; yet once it came to peace deals I couldn't ask the AI to cede them. In my experience I have been able to always ask for the cities to be ceded, even if it's someone like Gorgo who will probably reject that.

Is there something I'm missing?

@nzcamel as far as I understand, you are playing as Persia. in this case my assumption is this: there's no need to have the city ceded, because it already functions at full strength due to Persia's/Cyrus's special ability. and the warmongering penalty remains anyway with Norway forever for occupying its city. but it should be possible to return it anyway... well - seems it isn't the possibility for Persia then)

Ah...you understand correctly :)
I see that it says that yields aren't affected by occupation. But other things like relationships may be? Hrrrrrm...vague.

Top Bottom