Unable to Create Chalid Astrakein

zulu1981

Chieftain
Hi,

I see that I have fulfilled The requirements for Chalid Astrakein in one of my games
1. I founded Empyrean and it is my state religion
2. I have researched the tech "Religious Law"

Also, I am pretty sure no other civilization has created him as I am the only one with Empyrean as the religion.

So why cannot I create him ? Is there anything I am missing ?

Yes, I have 5 cities, all of them have Empyrean as the religion but it does not shows up in any of the cities.
I already have one hero Tutorix.

Hi,

I see that I have fulfilled The requirements for Chalid Astrakein in one of my games
1. I founded Empyrean and it is my state religion
2. I have researched the tech "Religious Law"

Also, I am pretty sure no other civilization has created him as I am the only one with Empyrean as the religion.

So why cannot I create him ? Is there anything I am missing ?

After founding Empyrean, did you remember to SWITCH TO IT as your state religion? I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to do this!

Best wishes,

Breunor

After founding Empyrean, did you remember to SWITCH TO IT as your state religion? I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to do this!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Yes, I did. There was a popup, would you like to convert t this religion and I did

It's quite hard to have a state religion without a switch :).

I understand, I wanted to make sure he really did it (I've thought I've switched before and hadn't) or that he didn't accidentally switch away (I've done this too)!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Unless you have permanent allies (ie Basium) who also is the same religion. That's one thing I find annoying about Basium, is he'll build heroes/wonders that I want.

I realize you said no other civs have the religion, but I just want to double-check you were counting Basium.

I'm sorry, I really have no clue what could be causing this. Short of seeing the savegame, I think we're an an impasse.
:(

my guess is you need temple of empyrean built in the town where you want to build your hero.

I just checked with worldbuilder. Building Chalid requires that you have the techs Honor and Religious Law, that you follow Empyrean as your state religion, and that Empyrean is present in the city that will build Chalid. The Temple of the Empyrean is not necessary.

The most plausible explanation for why the OP was unable to build Chalid is that someone else, unbeknownst to him, had already built Chalid. It might have been someone who followed Empyrean for a time, and during that time Chalid was built and killed, thus blocking him from being built. That civ might have subsequently converted to another religion, and so he wasn't seeing any Empyrean civs at the time he was having the problem.

It is also possible that he might not have noticed that an ally of his was following Empyrean, and if so then that ally might have been in the process of building Chalid - thus blocking him from doing so even though he had met all the requirements.

And of course the third possibility is that some bug was blocking the production of Chalid. If that is the case I don't think there is enough information available to attempt to reproduce the error. Perhaps someone else may encounter it.

I just checked with worldbuilder. Building Chalid requires that you have the techs Honor and Religious Law, that you follow Empyrean as your state religion, and that Empyrean is present in the city that will build Chalid. The Temple of the Empyrean is not necessary.

The most plausible explanation for why the OP was unable to build Chalid is that someone else, unbeknownst to him, had already built Chalid. It might have been someone who followed Empyrean for a time, and during that time Chalid was built and killed, thus blocking him from being built. That civ might have subsequently converted to another religion, and so he wasn't seeing any Empyrean civs at the time he was having the problem.

It is also possible that he might not have noticed that an ally of his was following Empyrean, and if so then that ally might have been in the process of building Chalid - thus blocking him from doing so even though he had met all the requirements.

And of course the third possibility is that some bug was blocking the production of Chalid. If that is the case I don't think there is enough information available to attempt to reproduce the error. Perhaps someone else may encounter it.

I agree these are by far the most likely cases. Some other potential minor issues:

Make sure that you didn't accidentally start a build for Chalid in another city in a production queue; this will block his being built in any other city, perhaps the one you are looking at.

Make sure you have FOUND every other civ; are you sure there isn't a Civ, perhaps on another continent, that has built him?

Finally, make sure you wait until the turn after you switch religion, or finish researching religious law, you have to wait one turn; that is, you must satisfy the requirements at the beginning of your turn.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I was able to queue Chalid on the same turn that I founded and switched to Empyrean, while still in anarchy.

Top Bottom