Unable to install

Alternator

Chieftain
I'm trying to uninstall my Civilization 4 game, because it crashes the game and (apparently) the video card, the monitor goes to the psudo-screen-saved that normally appears only when the monitor is on and the computer is off, and updating to the latest drivers didn't help. However, when I try it, an error comes up and clicking details reveals this:

Error Code: -5004 : 0x80041f42
Error Information:
*E:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\12\00\Intel32\iKernel.dll
>inc\CoCreate.cpp (44)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1390)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) BT_OTHER 8.0'

Does anyone know how to fix this, or how to uninstall despite the error?

You haven't said what version of Civ 4 you have, whether you have Warlords and/or Beyond the Sword. You haven't said what OS you have either. These instructions therefore include those for Warlords and Beyond the Sword and the folder paths may not be exactly right depending on what version of the OS you have. Ignore the lines for the bits of the game you haven't got, if you can't find the exact folder, try looking/searching for where it may be for your OS.

Try to follow this order when doing stuff:
Use Control panel to uninstall Beyond the Sword, then Warlords, then Civ4
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\my documents\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\sid meier's civilization 4" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\warlords" manually
Delete "...\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\my games\beyond the sword" manually
(note: application data is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files, also these directories in application data are sometimes removed by the uninstall routine)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8}" (Civ4)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{3E4B349F-10B5-4586-9D99-489A90A8B228}" (Warlords)
Delete "...\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{32E4F0D2-C135-475E-A841-1D59A0D22989}" (BtS)
(note: InstallShield Installation Information is a hidden directory so you need to configure windows explorer to show hidden files).

You may find some of it has already been removed by what you've done. It's usually the installshield installation folder that stop you installing again.

Top Bottom