[BNW] Unable to liberate cities, my capital (Venice) becomes a puppet city

Darkstar1

Chieftain
I was playing as Venice on a large map, when these two bugs appeared.

Japan and Dido had conquered almost all of Morocco's cities and I didn't want Morocco to be knocked out as trade routes to them are very profitable. So, with him still in the game, with one remaining city, I conquered one of his former cities which was in Japan's possession. Normally, once a city is taken, you'll get these options in a window - "Puppet city", "Annex city", "liberate city", "view city" and "raze city". But, NO WINDOW appeared and the city was immediately puppeted, giving me no choice whether to raze or liberate it. I had to give the city back to Morocco via a trade deal.

This has happened to me in many games as well - I conquer a city that used to belong to someone else, but I never get the option to liberate or raze it. It just immediately gets puppeted. This is irritating, because I lose out on the massive diplomatic bonuses from having liberated someone else's city, on top of the science penalty.

Another weird bug appeared in my game. Once I had traded the city away to Morocco, I went back to my capital and it was acting like a puppet city!! - I couldn't add any new buildings to the queue. if you've played as Venice, you know how terrifying, game-ending bug this is. Once I reloaded the game, it was fine, but made a reappearance some turns later. Any explanation would be appreciated.

Mods - I use the base CBP (without the other components), JFD cultural diversity, Hitler & Tojo character mods, Faster aircrafts, Infoaddict and R.E.D graphics mod.

Top Bottom