Unable to Repair Pillaged District (Not a Bug)

slayernine

Chieftain
After capturing a city I am unable to repair pillaged tile with builder. I also cannot build anything else on it. :(

Not sure how to check build version but it is up to date via steam.

If that tile contains a pillaged district, you can only repair it through the city's production menu. Should show "Repair [name of district]" If it is a pillaged district, there are probably pillaged buildings in that district. Once you repair the district, you can repair the buildings, also using the city production menu.

If that tile contains a pillaged district, you can only repair it through the city's production menu. Should show "Repair [name of district]" If it is a pillaged district, there are probably pillaged buildings in that district. Once you repair the district, you can repair the buildings, also using the city production menu.

Haha yes I just came back to the thread to post that, took me a couple turns to figure it out. The tool tips in the game could be a bit more guiding.

Can you explain this to me? I feel a little stupid to ask...
The barbarians have pillaged my Holy Site, and if I access the production menu of my city, it will show me "Holy Site (repair)" with the number of turns needed to repair the district, but it is not a button that I can click, and I can't find where I am supposed to click...
This is a screenshot of what I see:
Civ6.png

I can click on Encampent, Market and the other light blue buttons, but not on "Holy Site (Repair)"

I honestly cannot find it... help!

EDIT - RESOLVED: Thanks to Browd I have discovered that I was missing the Astrology Technology, needed to repair the Holy Site :)

Last edited:
Sure, I'll attach it to this post.
Do you thing this could be a bug? Am I supposed to click on the brownish button that says "Holy Site (repair)" and that is not available?

Attachments

• MONTEZUMA 167 1060 AD - CannotRepairDistrict.Civ6Save
    1 MB · Views: 150
Have you tried clicking on it?
Yes... I have tried all the easy solutions, so I feel a bit dumb for asking...
I am trying to understand if there are additional requirements to repair this Holy Site, if you look at my screenshot there is a worker on it, I have even tried to remove it an build it again from scratch but I am not able to do that either...
I am playing with Montezuma, maybe there is something specific that I am not doing?

If I am supposed to click on it, I am going to record a video and report it to the support, but first I wanted to understand if I was doing things correctly.

Turns out you had not yet researched Astrology, which is the tech required to build or repair a Holy Site. Roll forward a few turns, finish Astrology and you can repair the pillaged Holy Site.

I'll change the title of this thread to say "Not a Bug" but continue to leave it open for others who might have similar problems.

I knew it had to be something like that... I pillaged the district while conquering the city from Japan so I had the building without the tech... Thank you very much for your help :)

Turns out you had not yet researched Astrology, which is the tech required to build or repair a Holy Site.

What about a plantation? Does the same rule apply? I just played a game where there was no option in my production menu to repair my pillaged plantation. I ended up using a Builder to destroy it and then rebuild. I presumed it was a bug.

Plantations are tile improvements, not districts or district buildings. Tile improvements are repaired with builders (look for the wrench icon on the top line of the builder's action box).

What about a plantation? Does the same rule apply? I just played a game where there was no option in my production menu to repair my pillaged plantation. I ended up using a Builder to destroy it and then rebuild. I presumed it was a bug.
No, only districts (Like the Holy Site, the Encampment, Aqueduct etc.) have to be repaired from the City Production menu.
Improvements (Plantations, Farm, Mines...) can be repaired using a Builder. It just takes 1 turn and does not consume a Builder charge.

In the bottom right corner, you have 2 sets of commands: one is the list of improvements that you can build (on the left side)
At the top you have the actions, like "sleep" or "delete this unit" and you will also have the repair button, it has a wrench symbol.

Top Bottom