1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to settle cities

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lordofchange, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Lordofchange

Lordofchange Chieftain

I thought i was gonna try this mod for the first time, following the installation instructions etc, but it dont seem to work correctly.

4 Mods are active, The mod itself, assets mod, aztec DLC and YnAMP.

The database has been loaded when i press create game button, but every civilzation are missing information, everything is just blank. And hwen i just randomly select one and start the game, im able to move the units i start with. But as soon as i settle the citie, or press end turn so that the AI make cities the game just stopps. Dont crash, it just get stuck and dont progress. If i exit to desktop it crashes.

I do have all expansions, but have maually disabled them all.

I hope theres a solution to this as i want to try the mod

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I've stopped modding civ6 because of its limited gameplay modding capabilities (compared to civ4 and civ5) and I'm looking to move the project on another platform as it seems that Firaxis doesn't plan to fix that.

Latest version of the game that is compatible with the mod is 1.0.0.341

3. Lordofchange

Lordofchange Chieftain

Oh, that would explain some things. Where are you moving the project to then?
    And how can make the game to this version?

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

IDK yet, testing Oldworld at this moment.

AFAIK there is no legal way to downgrade to a specific version of the game (you can use the previous using the ineedlegacyaccess beta code IIRC), so you can only hope that Firaxis will some day allows us to install older versions using the steam console tool like some other games.

5. robal1991

robal1991 Warlord

Gedemon likes this.
  6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

thanks seems to work to download at least, I've not tried to replace and prevent steam to update yet (and don't plan too) but it should help for people that want to use an older version of the game for any reason.

I had tried this previously:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

which wasn't working, looking back, from some comments, I guess it was working before one of steam patches.