Unable to Update: Mod rev. error

Ukilamiback

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

I'm having some major issues properly installing and updating Risk of Mankind: a New Dawn.

I am unable to update the installation.
I was able to install it like the guide says, but I get an error on the version, Mod rev. error

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.
I've attempted to fix the installation via all the options; clear cache, check files again, Reset mod to default state.

When I select check files again or reset mod to default state, it will hang indefinitely in a blank 'Updating the game. Please be patient' stuck at 0%

I'm really at a loss and any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Update:
My security suite, Bitdefender, is claiming the mod is malware and the files are infected with Atc4.Detection.
My security suite has now blocked 12 applications of AND.

It's obvious it's a false positive. No malware in RAND. Also it's probably your security suite that it's preventing the updater/launcher to work properly. You can try SVN update as described in the Main Download thread, it's a bit more complicated but it should work.

Troubleshooting Log - entry 3

I was able to install TortoiseSVN.
Then view the files on the svn:// address via the TortoiseSVN Repository Browser.
However, it ended up timing out.
Start from scratch and restart the old pc.
Now the install guide page and http://anewdawn.sourceforge.net/ aren't loading for me... connection times out...
But I'm able to post here.
And now I can't view the svn:// URL of repository, on the install guide page, can you please provide it?
I'm sure your end is good, it worked at 1 point for me.
It's been a long day trying to install Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn, spirits are low and confusion has set in
Not sure if my isp is throttling the svn or if I'm delusional
Will continue the journey towards A New Dawn of Civ4 tomorrow...
I'm going to listen to "Baba Yetu" on repeat

Troubleshooting Update - [Solved]

I was able to install and play!! Thanks for the push in the right direction.
A 24 hr installation has ended and a Rise of Modding, A New Dawn has brought forth a new Civ4 experience that I've only dreamt about

If you're reading this and having trouble installing and updating RAND via the download installer, let's say more than an hour...

Use the SVN installation.
http://anewdawn.sourceforge.net/pages/install/

>Download TortoiseSVN and Install
>Create folder in your C:/Documents and Settings/TortoiseSVN RAND (or whatever name you want)
>Right click folder - Select - SVN Checkout...
>Enter URL of repository: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/anewdawn/code/Trunk
>Should download needed files to folder set as Checkout Directory
>Copy Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder in Checkout Directory
>Paste into C:/Users/ ... /Beyond the Sword/Mods
>Play

Cheers! Looking forward to losing sleep over 1 more turn!

Top Bottom