1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unbelievable: 25% discount on Gods and Kings!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Teodosio, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Teodosio

Teodosio Warlord

2. utgotye

utgotye Warlord

Is this digital download or a disc copy? I would assume it is simply a code but would like confirmation before I slap my $ down.

3. nnja

nnja Chieftain

Just checked out and they sent me an email with this

Then it went on to detail how to activate a game in steam with an activation key.

4. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I got it there. It actually gave me the code. Then I went in Steam and clicked, at the top "Games, activate product", just pasted in my key, and voilà, it's now listed in my Steam as DLC for Civ 5 that will unlock on the 19th.

5. Juxe

Juxe Chieftain

Where did you see your code? I bought from GMG as well and I got the same response as nnja. I'd like to be able to pre-load the game.

6. durian

durian Chieftain

I just bought a copy off GMG as well, and was able to find the key listed under the "My Keys" tab on my account page on GMG. I went and activated it on steam, but G&K isn't listed on my games list, and it's not available for download until the 19th.

Edit: Nevermind, steam has G&K listed under the CiV DLC section

7. utgotye

utgotye Warlord

Ordered there as well. Thanks to the OP.

8. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

Damn, I missed it. But thanks for posting.

Edit: Mhhh, on the website it says "valid until 1100 UTC 14th June" but it only shows the 10% discount for me. Do I need this "voucher code"? Where do I get it? After registering?

Edit2: LOL, nevermind, it's "CIVGO-DSAND-KINGS". I'm blind xD

9. AfterShafter

AfterShafter Deity

This may sound really stupid, but... It has $29.99 with a big line through it, and $26.99 as the official price... And it says 25% off. Is my math really bad, or are those numbers a bit off?

10. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

As I said, you have to put it in your basket and then enter the voucher code (see post above). Then it should jump to 22,95.

11. AfterShafter

AfterShafter Deity

Ah, apologies. Late, reading comprehension is spotty... You'd think I'd have gone to bed by now, but instead I'm up making stupid responses in forums.

12. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

The $26.99 is *without* using the voucher code.

If you input the code, it takes off an additional $4.04, leaving a total of $22.95. Which is actually more like 23.47% off (rather than 25%).

Also, if you register for an account using the "refer a friend" promotion, you (and that person) each get $2 credit for a future purchase.

For example, if you do not currently have an account with Green Man Gaming (and are about to create one), you can:

1. Enter the link < http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=liligaqa >

That one is the link for me (you can use someone else's if you really want). If you use the link, it will just take you to the main page and doesn't *appear* to do anything. (But it creates a temporary cookie that only works if you immediately create an account).

2. You then create an account (apparently it doesn't work if you already have an account) with Green Man Gaming.

3. Add Gods & Kings to your cart and enter in the promotional code (so the total is $22.95).

4. After you check out, you should end up with a credit balance of $2 (for using the Refer-a-Friend promotion).

5. Also, when you make your purchase, it should directly give you a key, which you can enter into Steam. That ties G&K into your Steam account, but you can't actually download it until the game is released.

Hopefully this helps explain things. Using Green Man Gaming was a new experience for me too.

13. AfterShafter

AfterShafter Deity

Actually Halcyan, quite informative. I've been using GOG.com for some games recently, and have been quite pleased with them - perhaps time to expand my horizons between them and the steam client. Not going to attempt it until I'm no longer slouching over a keyboard though...

14. Teodosio

Teodosio Warlord

I ordered from Greenmangaming too but I haven't received the code yet? :confused:

15. Dalnor

Dalnor Chieftain

16. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

You don't get an email. You have to go to their website and click on your username at the top, then on "keys".

17. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

You do get an e-mail, but the code isn't in it. You have to check your GMG account.

18. padlock

padlock Warlord

Weird. I ordered from green man gaming a couple of weeks ago, and I still don't have a key. When I log on and look under my account, it says that the game will be released on the 22nd, and I'll get my key then. Anyone else have the same problem?

19. Mark the Bold

Mark the Bold Warlord

Code is expired.

20. Teodosio

Teodosio Warlord

Same to me. I wrote to the support actually and they replied that I will get the key before game release (didn't specify how much "before", if hours, days, etc...). It seems we will just have to wait a bit further! :p