Unbelievable: 25% discount on Gods and Kings!

They will get their money when i get my game. I emailed support on steam and offered them a post-dated check in exchange for the purchase so they can get their instant gratification when i get mine, but they didn't respond to accept my offer so i will assume this is not about instant gratification, just about tagging "pre-sales".

edit - would be interesting to see who sells the most copies considering steam is not offering the best deal, or even a viable one.

Code is expired.

yeah there have been a lot of complaints with pre-expired codes like this in almost every gaming genre as of late...

Oh, and i bet civ6 will operate like an MMO and demand a monthly fee. If you let your sub run out, you will only be able to play one crappy civ designed to be bad just for this purpose, your DLC will "lock" and you will not be able to load mods or multiplayer games.

Also, you will have to pay .99 per mod you wish to load, per each game you play.
Moderator Action: Please stay on topic.
More than 50% of this post has nothing to do with the topic, and we don't want a thread derailment.

On a more serious note, these pre-expired codes have got to stop, ive been saying this whole time the video game industry which once flourished became "Total Crap 3.5a" because gaming companies no longer have to release a quality product that adheres to standards and they don't have to care about their customers.

Sorry for the rant but i become irate when i hear about any form of "pre expired code/voucher/pass" whatever that comes straight out of the box in an unusable form.

Voucher for 25% on Green Man Gaming is: THEET-ERNAL-WAR15
Only valid for another 2 hours.

Macupdate has gods and kings for 20$, 3 more days to go. I got a confirmation email and i'ts a steamplay key (windows+mac).
It's the cheapest I have seen right now.

ps: first post ever (hello everyone)

Macupdate has gods and kings for 20$, 3 more days to go. I got a confirmation email and i'ts a steamplay key (windows+mac).
It's the cheapest I have seen right now.

ps: first post ever (hello everyone)
How long did it take until you got that email?
This is especially good for Europeans and probably Australians. I only had to pay like 16,33 € which is nearly 50% off.

Same to me. I wrote to the support actually and they replied that I will get the key before game release (didn't specify how much "before", if hours, days, etc...). It seems we will just have to wait a bit further! :p

Same here. Thanks for contacting support though, I was about to do it myself before deciding to read this thread again first.

In on this. Still hate 1UPT but excited for some of the changes and other hopeful improvements. Thanks for posting the MacUpdate link, saved me $5 over Fry's, plus tax... I love the Innurtubez...

Also wanted to say thanks for that MacUpdate link. But this is what they emailed me:

"You will be mailed your code to download the expansion pack on June 19 2012 "

Does they actually mean "mail" or email? Ordered yesterday and have received no email yet. Maybe they email at midnight, never done MU before. But if it's U.S. mail, good Lord.

Also wanted to say thanks for that MacUpdate link. But this is what they emailed me:

"You will be mailed your code to download the expansion pack on June 19 2012 "

Does they actually mean "mail" or email? Ordered yesterday and have received no email yet. Maybe they email at midnight, never done MU before. But if it's U.S. mail, good Lord.

Unfortunately, this might be like Amazon. In that case they will most likely mail you the box of CiV Gods and Kings with a code inside to unlock on steam. So silly if you ask me, why can't they just email you the code so you can activate the damn game! Glad, I went the lazy route and just purchased through Steam though, especially with the midnight release!

Still haven't gotten my code either. I bet you CharlyBrown works for Macupdate and this is a scam.....

I got my code when I ordered and steam has recognized it. It just isn't gonna download till midnight EST I take it.

Lucky you, j51. May I ask a stupid question - did you get an email that said: HERE'S THE CODE! or something? Or is it on your receipt and isn't obvious and I'm just missing it?

It's after midnight EST and no code from MacUpdate. The feeling I have at the moment is not a pleasant one.

You can get it cheap if you use Onlive and get there Playpack (200+ games). Civ 5 has been added to the Playpack which $9.99 a month but you 25% of games you buy.

Appreciate the quick reply, j51. Don't believe I have it yet, I've searched all over my account, my receipt. That's the only email they sent me, which came immediately. No key links anywhere, no nothing except a receipt number and another thing at the very bottom of the receipt that looks like a code listed beside "Transaction", which I didn't think would work and after trying it on Steam found out for sure it didn't work.

I've contacted them. Sucks to wait but there's not much else I can do at this point except daydream and read about what everyone who has it is saying.

Top Bottom