Unboxing Physical Copy

padoura

Chieftain
Hello civfanatics! I'm posting this in case anyone is interested to see everything a physical European copy includes. As I did not expect the fabric map, it was a really pleasant surprise! Cheers!
civ6unboxing.jpg

Unfortunately, steam does not allow me to install it before the official release, receiving the following message:
civ6cantwait.png

P.S. Although this is my first post here, I've been a lurker since I introduced myself to BNW a few years ago, mostly for strategies and ideas. Needless to say, pretty excited about Civ6! :D

Last edited:
So this confirms there's only a CD and no Steam key in the physical package?

@fay902 On the contrary, steam key is as expected placed at the back cover of the instruction manual (which is depicted in the right upper corner of the picture!). The same also applies for the Aztec pack steam key!

@Balkans This is just a paper box that contained the map and the dvd case!

Looks poor like hell. Is that even a manual? Cos if it is then it's like what... 2 pages? :D I still have the orginal box edition for Baldur's Gate 1 + TotSC with a cooler map, some kind of scroll, 6 CDs and +100 pages manual...

Hello civfanatics! I'm posting this in case anyone is interested to see everything a physical European copy includes. As I did not expect the fabric map, it was a really pleasant surprise! Cheers!
View attachment 456073

Unfortunately, steam does not allow me to install it before the official release, receiving the following message:
View attachment 456074

P.S. Although this is my first post here, I've been a lurker since I introduced myself to BNW a few years ago, mostly for strategies and ideas. Needless to say, pretty excited about Civ6! :D
I really like the map. I really hope it comes with the 25th Anniversary edition!

Really hoping my physical edition somehow gets delivered tomorrow instead of Friday then since it won't let you install anyway!

Really hoping my physical edition somehow gets delivered tomorrow instead of Friday then since it won't let you install anyway!

Lucky you. Just checked my retailer and it gives an ETA of tuesday the 25th for my copy. Sum work to that, and it means an additional week of waiting!. Hope they review the dates. I was expecting a potential delay to Sat22, but nothing that long!

Lucky you. Just checked my retailer and it gives an ETA of tuesday the 25th for my copy. Sum work to that, and it means an additional week of waiting!. Hope they review the dates. I was expecting a potential delay to Sat22, but nothing that long!

And this is why I've never looked back from steam!

I'll be on a midnight, theoretically, till the servers crash.

And this is why I've never looked back from steam!

I'll be on a midnight, theoretically, till the servers crash.

Yep, but Steam does not provide cloth maps :p

Looks poor like hell. Is that even a manual? Cos if it is then it's like what... 2 pages? :D I still have the orginal box edition for Baldur's Gate 1 + TotSC with a cooler map, some kind of scroll, 6 CDs and +100 pages manual...

Yeah, it is just that usual health and safety precautions manual... I also miss these extras of older games. At the very least I got the game disc + Aztec pack 10 euros cheaper than Steam, in addition to a nice frameable map + digital soundtrack!

Oh man, I wish I'd gone out and gotten a physical copy now, that map is beautiful!

So, confirmation that there is no real physical version, just the Steam version in a box. Very disappointing, but thanks for the heads up and that map does look pretty cool.

Most, if not all of the games for PC nowadays aren't really physical...The CDs only include the license to get the game downloading on Steam...Which is very disappointing...Also, none include physical manuals anymore. I remember reading the fat Civ 2 and I believe Civ 3 manuals and how it was almost as exciting as the game itself...

the DVD generally have most of the game data....except for Fallout 4(damn you... Betheseda...:nono: ) . You still require a steam key but yes, the DVD is more than just a download link :rolleyes:. Lack of Physical manuals is just a a sign of the times,...you can blame EA, Acti-Blizz and the internet for that. I buy Physical mainly to support the local Game shops and some games for the Collector Editions, the only games i buy digitally are Humble Bundles, Steam Summer/Christmas Sales and the occasional Indie that doesnt have a physical release. I tried twisting the EB's girl arm to let me have Civ6 today but she wouldn't relent :cry:, Busy most of the day tomorrow unfortunately, I suppose ill just pick it up at midnight and play a couple of hrs

This is what the 25th anniversary box opening looks like

Top Bottom