Slave Trade

Slave Trade V. 6.00

UncivilizedGuy

The Village Idiot
UncivilizedGuy submitted a new resource:

UncivilizedGuy's Slavery - Slave units require the Slave Deed strategic resource. Captured civilians become Slaves.

UncivilizedGuy's
Slave Trade

• Slave unit: 5 charges. Builds all improvements that a Builder can. Requires a Market and +1 Slave Deed.
  • Slave Deed: New strategic resource required to build the Slave unit.
  • Warlord Throne produces +2 Slave Deeds.
  • Settlers, Builders, Great Generals, Military Engineers, Traders, Missionaries, Apostles, Inquisitors, Archaeologists, Medics and Naturalists become Slaves when captured.
  • All Great People except Great Generals can be captured and remain as Great People.
  • New Economic Policy: Forced Labor adds 30% cost reduction towards Slaves.
  • New Economic Policy: Indentured Servitude adds 30% cost reduction towards Slaves and newly trained Slaves gain 2 extra build actions. -2 Housing to all cities.
  • New Dark Age Policy: Human Trafficking adds 50% cost reduction towards Slaves and -4 Housing and +4 Amenities to all cities.
  • Serfdom now adds 2 extra build actions to Slaves in addition to Builders.
Installation Instructions
1. Unzip the zip file.
2. The contents of the Slavery by UG subdirectory should be copied into your Mods folder (.../Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Mods/).

Credits: Special thanks to Deliverator for assisting me with getting the units to appear in the game properly!

Requires Rise and Fall

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Looks like I missed some Civilians. For next update, hopefully tonight I will add:
  • Archaeologist
  • Missionary
  • Apostle
  • Slave (Slave needs to stay as Slave when captured. The way it is now they will be killed.)

UncivilizedGuy updated UncivilizedGuy's Slavery with a new update entry:

Added 2 policies and more captured civilians

Now the Missionary, Apostle, Inquisitor, Archaeologist and Medic become Slaves when captured.

The Slave now stays a Slave when captured.

Two new policies: Forced Labor adds 30% production towards Slaves.
Indentured Servitude adds 30% production towards Slaves and newly trained Slaves gain 2 extra build actions.

Serfdom now adds 2 extra build actions to Slaves in addition to Builders.

Read the rest of this update entry...

May I suggest -2 amenities as an addendum to the slave market?

There is a modart component type, I wonder if it can be used to add art instead of overwriting base game files?
I have no idea. I just know what works. I'm not the expert when it comes to art. All I know is that the expert modders have said that overwriting the base game files is the only thing that works right now. It has everything to do with the file structure. The modinfo can't link to files outside of the Database.

May I suggest -2 amenities as an addendum to the slave market?
I agree. I meant to add this to the policies or the building but it must have slipped my mind. The building would probably be a better choice. The way the Slave Market is now it implies that Slavery was a positive thing in history.

The idea of turning all captured civilians into slaves is awesome! Specially because right now, you capture a settler it will keep on being a settler, but now a turncoat. And great people gets teleported to a safe city center......

But being able to "produce slaves" makes no sense to me.
Are you eslaving your own people? Shouldnt we then lose one population in the city it was built (or since we can only have one slave market, in the city it was taken from (maybe having an option to choose where to go get the own civilian))

UncivilizedGuy updated UncivilizedGuy's Slavery with a new update entry:

Now compatible with MOAR Units 0.3.

Slavery is now compatible with MOAR Units 0.3 by Deliverator

Slavery, Stategic Industry, and Modern Buildings are all compatible. The Art Defines are the same in each mod therefore installation order is NOT important.

Slave Market gives -2 Food and no production. This is more realistic. The benefit of creating Slaves is it's contribution to production.

Read the rest of this update entry...

This causes some diplomatic relations minuses with some kind of civilizations/agendas/political systems? Could be nice, for the downside.

The great people can not be captured, they always teleport to a city.

Top Bottom