Underhanded Computer Strategy??

Well, I did get the city that the Americans planted in the middle of my empire! I made sure no roads connected it and planted cities around it and concentrated on building 'culture' items in those cities.

So now there are no 'foreign' cities within my borders!!

Somebody mentioned never signing ROP agreements. I generally don't either, but sometimes when creating alliances to fight another civ (that declared war on me) I sign the agreement to give my neighbours direct access to our common enemy! Once the war ends I don't renew the agreement.

Originally posted by camens
Well, I did get the city that the Americans planted in the middle of my empire! I made sure no roads connected it and planted cities around it and concentrated on building 'culture' items in those cities.

So now there are no 'foreign' cities within my borders!!

Somebody mentioned never signing ROP agreements. I generally don't either, but sometimes when creating alliances to fight another civ (that declared war on me) I sign the agreement to give my neighbours direct access to our common enemy! Once the war ends I don't renew the agreement.

Once the initial land-grab is over, ROP agreements are an excellent way to secure friends, and avoid war. A civ with a ROP with you will take a severe reputation hit if it declares war on you, thus making the cost of military alliances against you immense. This is another tidbit I learned from the AI. It signs ROPs with nearly everybody, and this is one of the main reasons their relationships remain so good. If someone stays out of the ROP web, they are likely the next target for a concerted war effort. I prefer not to be this civ.;)

ROP are good. My largest neighbour, the Iroquois were annoyed with me (consequence of a peace treaty signed too quickly with the Aztec, whom we were at war with). I signed a ROP with the iroquois, and they instantly become "polite". Now I can ferry over my hordes of cavalry to the aztec empire for a bloody retaliation.

I never forgive a sneak attack. :D Especially from the worthless aztecs :D

loki

Top Bottom