Unexpected tile resources (1 food instead of 2)

hAndrew

Chieftain
Hi, I'm new to SMAC/SMAX and I'm confused about a situation where some tiles are generating different resources than I expected given what I read in the manual.

Please see the attached screen captures highlighting such a tile.

Screen capture 1: The tile has It has Rolling, Moist, Mesa, Farm, Mine, Road, from which I expect 2 food. However:

Screen capture 2: When I click on the Tile Info pane, which switches to its alternate view showing the tile resources, I see only 1 food.

Screen capture 3: From the nearby Base view I can confirm the tile only provides 1 food.

Probably I am missing something about the game rules but I can't figure out what it is. Anyone have any ideas? I thought maybe the "Mesa" property but I can't find any evidence of that on the web.

A side question: Does anyone know of a keyboard shortcut for flipping between the regular Tile Info and the alternative Tile Info?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 1 Map view.jpg
    1 Map view.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 2 Map view (alternate tile info).jpg
    2 Map view (alternate tile info).jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 3 Base view.png
    3 Base view.png
    404.1 KB · Views: 145
Howdy hAndrew,

The tile in question only produces 1 nut because mines reduce nuts by 1 (but not below 0). Also, I don't know of a keyboard shortcut for switching between the two views. Did you get the game from GOG?

... mines reduce nuts by 1 (but not below 0) ...

Anddddd that's the in the manual (p.154 in Appendix 2). I just missed it! Thanks Petek.

Also... this reduction of nutrients changes everything! Oops.

Did you get the game from GOG?

Yep, with Crossfire. Very pleased. Googled for how to set it up widescreen. Didn't get much satisfaction running at full desktop resolution. I was happiest switching my resolution temporarily to 1280x800, close to the original designed resolution.

Top Bottom