1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unfair Greed Quest

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Justy, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Justy

Justy Warlord

In my current game I was offered the Greed Quest. I was charged with acquiring some of Boudicea's Horses which lay just across my northern border. There was a small inlet of water that needed to be crossed. This was all fine. I had plenty of galleys off my coast and I was preparing for a northern strike either against Ragnar or Boudicea neither were being very nice neighbors. So all I needed to do was get some troops to the galleys and shuttle across the bay. I was just going to send a spy into her territory to make sure I wasn't going to send my troops into a slaughter. So 300 turns seemed a very generous time frame.

Six darn turns after I got the quest Persia completed the quest after apparently grabbing something in France from Napoleon. :cry: Six freaking turns!! :sad:

2. civzombie

civzombie Prince

Its a dog eat dog world, I guess.

I had a greed quest that was unfair in the other direction. I was charged with stealing some horses that were right on the border next to one of my three culture cities when I was going for a culture victory. Several turns later the square flipped to my culture and I completed the quest - without having to do anything ;)

3. Charonicus

Charonicus Warlord

What's the reward for a greed quest? I usually ignore them as they are almost always either in the land of my ally or stupidly deep in an enemy's territory on the other side of the map.

4. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

A number of free whatever unit comes with the resource.

5. nNemethon

nNemethon Chieftain

Need it to turn up as a Uranium mine quest! :D

I had a similar quest for copper once. Izzy was the target and the resource smack bang in the middle of her hunting grounds. The problem - I was busily copping the business end of a ton of her axemen and summarily losing a lot of ground. Wee bit of an irony and more of a "This is GOD and I'm going to punish you mightily for that epithet you just yelled out!" :D He tends to hate me - probably because I make fun of his beard... a LOT. :p